TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Ever?

Without a doubt, the worst coaster I've ever ridden would have to be Wild Beast @ Canada's Wonderland. That was the only coaster where I was truly in pain, and I've been on a lot of coasters that people complain about being rough as hell.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kong (SFDK), Pole Position (Butler Amusements), Boomerang Coast to Coaster (SFDK), Demon (CGA), Wildcat (Puyallup Fair), Grizzly (CGA), Corkscrew (Silverwood), Klondike Gold Rusher (Wild Waves).

Reasons? Basically: minimal to no thrills, minimal to no airtime, or simply being a letdown compared to what it could've/should've been for its size and type.

Not that it matters, but the least impressive kiddie coasters I've been on are Roller Coaster (Funtown), a couple Wacky Worms, Orient Express (Butler Amusements), Rainbow Chaser (Fun Forest), and Mine Twister (Remlinger Farms). I continue to hate Cobra at SFDK as well, no matter how many times I ride it.

^Saw and Speed? I haven't ridden saw, but I love the eurofighter so I am sure that that ride would fare well with me. And Speed is easily the best coaster in vegas. The Fact you didn't put the togo up there and put this instead makes my head hurt.

I don't agree about Eurofighters (blegh), but I do agree about Speed being the best coaster in Vegas. I still thought it was a bit rough, but either way...for some reason the many of the Brits on the West Coast trip just LOATHED Speed and found Manhattan Express to be just fine and dandy. They must have still been too jetlagged to know any better or something. I don't know what else would ever make someone think so....WRONG!

I rode the eurofighter rage at adventure island and it was smooth and fun and I loved it

Then I rode saw at thorpe park and it was the roughest steel coaster I've rode. I had an awful headache for many hours after riding it and i've never had anything like that on any other ride before. Shame really, theres some awesome drops and airtime on saw but it's just not worth the headache

And the worst wood for me is the Grand National. But the only time I've rode it was in 2006. All I remember is pain but nothing specific.

But so many other people say the Grand National is an awesome ride so if I get the oppurtunity to go again I'd certainly give it another chance

^I understand your feelings about Grand National. I think it's a very good ride, but during TPR's ERT session back in 2006 I rode it only twice--it gave me a pretty nasty shot to the back the second time.

I've ridden nearly 800 coasters and several have given me head aches and migraines eg. Rattler -SFFT, Gouderix - Parc Asteric, most SLCs. But Saw : The Ride at Thorpe Park is the only coaster that has given me any lasting injuries. I had such bad bruising across my neck and shoulder that I couldn't carry anything, which is a disaster for a TV cameraman. As a result I had to change my shifts at work for a couple of days to allow recovery time.

IMO, Scooby Doo Ghoster Coaster at former PKI is my worst coaster. It was TOTALLY not worth the long wait. I did not feel safe on it at all because that small door is all that holds you in. It was even scarier than Drop Zone. It was also extremely short and uneventful. The capacity was so bad it made T2 at SFKK look like Diamondback's. Also, the ride op had to push the carts onto the lift by hand, which looks cheap. I do not miss it one bit. Seriously, how can anyone call that a kiddie ride?

My most hated coasters are the Brighton Pier ones, followed by Mean Streak and Big Dipper, Blackpool.

I don't get how people find Saw THAT rough? I mean its isn't smooth but its not far off. After 13 goes in an hour I normaly have a cracked neck, brain milkshake effect and really blured vision but its not that bad lol

I have not been on any coasters that I wouldn't ever ride again, but I have found a few I wouldn't wait more than a train or two to ride.

Worst Steel Coasters:

1. Pony Express (Knott's Berry Farm)

2. Kong (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

3. Boomerang (Knott's Berry Farm)

4. Disaster Transport (Cedar Point)

This list obviously excludes kiddie coasters. The worst wooden coaster I have been on is Mean Streak at Cedar Point. It is rough, slow, and boring and not worth more than a three train wait ever for any reason.

• 10 months later...