TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I took my kids tot he kid's section of the park yesterday, and learned a big lesson. Parents are the worst, and most obvious line jumpers... ever. One parent and kids will be on a ride while the other parent will line up for another ride and as soon as the kids get off that ride they push through a queue of 30 kids or so and hop on the next ride. One kid with his dad got off Peanuts 500 and the kid's mother was in line with their other kid and was going to get in on the next change. The dad literally pushed through everyone and handed the child to the mom to go on. I must say, though, the ride attendant recognized the kid and refused to allow her to ride again. The mother argued and argues but ultimately relented. Then they tried again 10 mins later. Not sure if they were successful.

Anyone else notice this problem with parents? Sorry if it seems like griping, it just happened so much yesterday I was frustrated because I make my kids follow the rules.

I took my kids tot he kid's section of the park yesterday, and learned a big lesson. Parents are the worst, and most obvious line jumpers... ever. One parent and kids will be on a ride while the other parent will line up for another ride and as soon as the kids get off that ride they push through a queue of 30 kids or so and hop on the next ride. One kid with his dad got off Peanuts 500 and the kid's mother was in line with their other kid and was going to get in on the next change. The dad literally pushed through everyone and handed the child to the mom to go on. I must say, though, the ride attendant recognized the kid and refused to allow her to ride again. The mother argued and argues but ultimately relented. Then they tried again 10 mins later. Not sure if they were successful.

Anyone else notice this problem with parents? Sorry if it seems like griping, it just happened so much yesterday I was frustrated because I make my kids follow the rules.

Line jumping in any way is NOT permitted at Canada's Wonderland.

If you see a kid or adult line jumping, then let the ride attendant know before they get on.

They should at least make them wait a few cycles but they should really kick them out

of the line completely. This goes on hundreds of times every day at Wonderland. There

seems to be no enforcement unless you say something to the operator. Just don't confront

the offender. That will only make the situation worse. You are NOT griping.

It has been awhile since I have commented on things that should be easy to fix. I am not complaining, just commenting.

The Chicken Shack food stand did not have any Coke syrup only plain water came out of the dispenser. I was told to walk over to the Coke booth by the arcade. I shouldn't have to walk around looking for some Coke. The Backlot Café charges $16.50 for a box of pasta and a garlic bread. At the pasta counter, there is a sign the says, start line here. I stood there along with another gentlemen for 10 minutes with no one serving us. On the other side of the counter another line had formed and the server was taking orders from the pick up area. I commented to the manager and I got an extra slice of garlic bread. The prices are crazy in the Backlot Café but if people are willing to empty their wallets then at least put the pasta on a paper plate not in a box for $16.50. One more comment for today. The Coke dispensers in Backlot Café are no longer turned on as people were refilling their own drinking vessels without paying so now you can't refill your $32.99 drink bottle in Backlot Café. By the way, you can get free lunch at Backlot Café. Just get your food and walk to the right. There is no cash register on that side of the restaurant. I saw an entire family walk through without paying anything and no one said anything. Just a comment if you want to save some money.

As usual, there was no ketchup at Chicken Shack.

By the way, you can get free lunch at Backlot Café. Just get your food and walk to the right. There is no cash register on that side of the restaurant. I saw an entire family walk through without paying anything and no one said anything. Just a comment if you want to save some money.

Regardless of how expensive food is at the park, you should never recommend anyone to do this. If it becomes a common occurrence, people do get caught after repeat performances as there are security cameras in every store and restaurant at the park. I just don't think promoting theft/shoplifting online is something you should (or want) to be doing.

It has been awhile since I have commented on things that should be easy to fix. I am not complaining, just commenting.

The Chicken Shack food stand did not have any Coke syrup only plain water came out of the dispenser. I was told to walk over to the Coke booth by the arcade. I shouldn't have to walk around looking for some Coke.

I walked 30-45 minutes around the park to find the green 2019 cup I bought online already to save money, when none of the restaurants/stands had them. :/ Finally found them at Pizza Pizza bringing boxes upon boxes of them out near the register.

Either way, if you don't drink from the freestyle machines, the pop tastes flat.

By the way, you can get free lunch at Backlot Café. Just get your food and walk to the right. There is no cash register on that side of the restaurant. I saw an entire family walk through without paying anything and no one said anything. Just a comment if you want to save some money.

Regardless of how expensive food is at the park, you should never recommend anyone to do this. If it becomes a common occurrence, people do get caught after repeat performances as there are security cameras in every store and restaurant at the park. I just don't think promoting theft/shoplifting online is something you should (or want) to be doing.

You must be an honest person like me. But if you were sitting at the table with me on Sunday watching everyone just walk out without paying while I am trying to enjoy my $16.49 pasta in a box, then you too would be commenting like I am right now. I am certainly not promoting it, I am making a comment. Hopefully Wonderland park directors will see this and do something. My family couldn't refill their $32.99 bottles so we had to try to eat again at Chicken Shack where there was no Coke and no ketchup, but the ketchup issue has been going on now for a few years. They just don't keep the bottles filled.

I think there is a difference between recognizing that there is a problem with people getting free food and recommending someone to do it if they want to "save some money" (your words). Two completely different things. Your original post makes it seem like you are endorsing it and suggesting it as an alternative to paying.

Just my two cents.

I think there is a difference between recognizing that there is a problem with people getting free food and recommending someone to do it if they want to "save some money" (your words). Two completely different things. Your original post makes it seem like you are endorsing it and suggesting it as an alternative to paying.

Just my two cents.

There is a difference between writing about it on TPR and filling out a comment card/letting the park know.

Just my two cents.

There is a difference between writing about it on TPR and filling out a comment card/letting the park know.

Just my two cents.

Your two cents are wrong. I paid. I was only there for a half an hour and saw many people and an entire family walk through without paying. Just think of how much money that restaurant lost during this season.

Just my two cents.

I did speak to the restaurant manager, and guest services at the front gate. The next time I go, I will be sure to speak to the park director I know on behalf of the people who think I am wrong for mentioning people have been able to do this the entire season. Perhaps some people are upset that I am bringing this to the attention of the park much like how people are able to just walk into the exits of the food booths and fill up any bottle they want to for free.

On another note, I have 3 FL+ passes from renewing my family's season passes for next year. My kids are 4,6,10 so they don't make use of them. I emailed customer service and they said I can use those FL+ passes on other guests as long as they are with me... but I can't use them on myself (doesn't make sense to me but whatever).

Anyone interested in going before the park closes? I'll give a free FL+ pass.

^I'll be going to the park with my kids this Sunday, and we'll be utilizing the FL+ we're getting with our Platinum Pass purchase, which we're activating that day. Otherwise, that would have been awesome! Very generous of you!

Regarding that forthcoming trip, I'm having to consider things like my increased size at parks now (not proud of it, and I'm definitely going to work hard to slim back down before next year's coaster season), and I was curious what the situation is like at CW regarding their coasters and flats. I am not huge or anything, but I can't get on Wicked Twister at CP currently, and it was tight on a few things at KI last month. I'm about 5'9", and 245 pounds, for comparison sake. Are there certain coasters and flats that I might have an issue with fitting on? I've read the article Robb posted about guests of larger dimensions, so I'm not talking about those types of tips and strategies. Basically just what the locals or regulars who may be similar in size to me have found regarding how my size could affect me at CW. Thanks in advance for any help! Hopefully this is a situation that I've rectified before long, so I don't even have to ask these embarrassing questions.

^I'll be going to the park with my kids this Sunday, and we'll be utilizing the FL+ we're getting with our Platinum Pass purchase, which we're activating that day. Otherwise, that would have been awesome! Very generous of you!

Regarding that forthcoming trip, I'm having to consider things like my increased size at parks now (not proud of it, and I'm definitely going to work hard to slim back down before next year's coaster season), and I was curious what the situation is like at CW regarding their coasters and flats. I am not huge or anything, but I can't get on Wicked Twister at CP currently, and it was tight on a few things at KI last month. I'm about 5'9", and 245 pounds, for comparison sake. Are there certain coasters and flats that I might have an issue with fitting on? I've read the article Robb posted about guests of larger dimensions, so I'm not talking about those types of tips and strategies. Basically just what the locals or regulars who may be similar in size to me have found regarding how my size could affect me at CW. Thanks in advance for any help! Hopefully this is a situation that I've rectified before long, so I don't even have to ask these embarrassing questions.

I'm about the same height but closer to 260lb and I fit on all the rides I go like going on. If there are certain rides you're thinking of list them and I'll tell you how well I fit on them, as I don't go on all the thrill rides.

^Thanks! As far as the coasters go, the only ones I haven't been on yet are Leviathan, Wonder Mountain Guardian, and Yukon Striker, so those, Behemoth, and Vortex are the only ones I will be bummed if I can't ride. I'll probably attempt to ride most of the coasters with my kids (aside from Flight Deck, and maybe Wilde Beast), but if I can't fit in the test seat, I won't be too bummed.

As for flats, I'm interested in Sledgehammer, Skyhawk, Lumberjack, and possibly Soaring Timbers. I know that last one is a pretty tight fit for anybody, and its reviews are pretty lackluster, so I may not even bother.

Thanks again for the assistance!

^Thanks for that info! I'll have to try and make sure to get into that one, hopefully front row!

When I do Google Maps to the park, after the CW/Rutherford Rd. exit, it takes me down Rutherford to Jane St., and then to the Park Entrance. However, I noticed that going straight off of that exit takes you directly onto Canada's Wonderland Drive, which then leads right to the park and toll booths. Shouldn't that be the way I actually go, not the way Google Maps is trying to send me?

Also, I have some other last minute questions, for anybody inclined to answer.

-Is there any benefit to getting to the park early before the gates open? I'll be going on Sunday, so I don't think it'll be crazy crowded, but this is CW, so you never know.

-I'll be going to the park first Saturday evening, to first process our Platinum Passes, and get a little jump on the riding before the full day Sunday. Will I be able to use the free FL+ we're getting to buy that for the following day? Or at the park are all FL+ purchased for same-day use only? I've never used a FL+ before, so I'm not really familiar with how it all works.

-I know Wonder Mountain Guardian has some downtime issues, so if I see it operating Saturday night after we get into the park, since it's not on FL+, should we go on that then? Or should we wait until Sunday, and make it our first ride of the day before the line builds up? What is considered a "short line" time-wise for WMG?

-Does CW have the same ride closing policy at the end of the day as CP? Where you can generally enter a line queue up until around 7 minutes after closing time? Or are they more punctual about closing things? It looks like Sundown will be 7:43 the first night we're there, and then 7:41 the second night, so we should be able to get a night ride each night, and maybe a couple, depending on crowds, and how punctual they are on closing the queues. Along those lines, which rides do you most recommend for getting those night rides in on? I figured we'd do Leviathan one day, and Yukon Striker the next, but it'd be nice if we could squeeze a ride in on Behemoth after dark as well!

Thanks in advance for any assistance! I've really appreciated how helpful everybody in this thread is about CW! I'm wanting to make this an awesome time for my kids on their first visit to Canada (or out of the Country, period!), so getting all of these things planned out and prepared for is super helpful!

Yes, if coming from the south, take the Rutherford exit and go straight onto Canada's Wonderland Drive...

And if you want a front row on Yukon Striker, just after where the Fast Lane+ merges with the regular queue, there is a queue just for the Front Row... It means a bit longer wait, as the front row takes 8 per train, and rows 2/3 take 16 total, but it's not really that long of a wait and is worth it in my opinion... If you need a red belted seat, tell the grouper and they'll help

^^ The park opens it's gates 30 min before opening time. They will let you go through security and walk around the fountain area. They have rope drop points to all the areas, and if you go to the left of the mountain, there is a rope drop down the hill near yukon. When i went with guests, we went to that and had a short line to yukon. I went to the single rider line and managed to get on the second train of the day, as it did not occur to any rope drop people to go for the single rider.

They will let you use your bonus fl pass whenever you want. On the day you want to use it go to the booth to the left of the main gates to redeem it (outside of the park entrance). They scan your bar code and check your account and give you your pass.

Guardian is worth doing, at least once, pick a time when there is not much of a line. The lineup is inside the mountain and you can't tell from outside how long it will be or how many switchbacks are open. It also does not come up on the wait times, so you have to guess...

Leviathan at twilight is a really neat experience, check it out if you can.

Since you're going on a Sunday with Platinum Passes you might have Early Entry, though the website does a pretty confusing job of clarifying that. I'm assuming they're all done for the season since I think each area used to display dates, but now it just says 9:00am - 10:00am with tons of areas which sort of implies that every area is open and I'm 99.9% sure that's not true.

Can anyone clarify?

Edited by coasterbill

Since you're going on a Sunday with Platinum Passes you might have Early Entry, though the website does a pretty confusing job of clarifying that. I'm assuming they're all done for the season since I think each area used to display dates, but now it just says 9:00am - 10:00am with tons of areas which sort of implies that every area is open and I'm 99.9% sure that's not true.

Can anyone clarify?

The early ride times on Sundays (with the exception of the Labour Day weekend as it was all three days) at Canada's Wonderland ended over the Labour Day weekend. So there are no more early ride times this season.

Guardian is worth doing, at least once, pick a time when there is not much of a line. The lineup is inside the mountain and you can't tell from outside how long it will be or how many switchbacks are open. It also does not come up on the wait times, so you have to guess...

Due to ventilation issues in the switchback section of Wonder Mountain's Guardian's queue, they no longer use the switch back. It apparently gets too hot along there. So, the line for it isn't going to be too long, physically speaking. It just depends on how many seats are closed off and how efficient the grouper is.

^wow, i learn new things daily. i am not sure i have been on guardian this year at all.

I went on sunday for my last behemoth ERT of the year and last day to do splashworks... It was kinda cool and overcast with almost no lines, if you kept walking up to each slide, you stayed warm. Considering the weather, there was a surprising number of people there.

I went on Klockwerks and noticed that the swinging time seemed much less and that it took a long long time to slow down. i don't know if there is a braking mechanism to stop it that was not working, but it was strange.

Among other things, we rode Wilde Beast and something was badly wrong. I know people complain about it and minebuster, but after the new track they had installed in the last few years, parts were getting better. Sunday when we rode, it seemed to shake violently laterally from the first drop on. My wife banged her head on my shoulder several times. I don't know if this was a problem with the train (blue one) or the track, but it was much worse than usual. Anybody know anything about this?

^Thanks! As far as the coasters go, the only ones I haven't been on yet are Leviathan, Wonder Mountain Guardian, and Yukon Striker, so those, Behemoth, and Vortex are the only ones I will be bummed if I can't ride. I'll probably attempt to ride most of the coasters with my kids (aside from Flight Deck, and maybe Wilde Beast), but if I can't fit in the test seat, I won't be too bummed.

As for flats, I'm interested in Sledgehammer, Skyhawk, Lumberjack, and possibly Soaring Timbers. I know that last one is a pretty tight fit for anybody, and its reviews are pretty lackluster, so I may not even bother.

Thanks again for the assistance!

Leviathan and Behemoth you'll fit in but it's a bit of a pain to get the seatbelt on. Haven't been on Wonder Mountain Guardian for a few years so can't remember very well but when I was last on it I had no problem fitting. Some of Yukon Striker's seats have longer seatbelts... they may put you in one of those if it's too hard to buckle one of the normal ones in. The normal belts are black and the extended ones are dark red.

I haven't been on Lumberjack or Soaring Timbers myself, mainly due to lack of interest, but the others are no issue at all. Like you, Soaring Timbers is known for it's extremely tight fit and it's not an experiment I think is worth trying.