TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

^^ I got there by transit years ago, and with a bit of planning, and knowing where you're going - easy!

Don't forget, it will probably be Exact Change Only if you do use the transit there.

EDIT to add: Does any major bus transit system in North America "give back change" any more? Just curious.

In England, that's the norm.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While not completely related to the operation of Canada's Wonderland, the park was used in a completely different way earlier this week to keep a tradition alive due to current COVID-19 restrictions i

Posted Images

Hello, I will go to Canada's Wonderland for the first time in May.

Do you know if there is a separate line for the front row on Leviathan and Yukon Striker? Is it possible to choose the seat or it's just random assignment?

Yukon striker has a split at the bottom of the stairs where you choose "row 1" or "rows 2 & 3" (which goes twice as fast). If row 1 starts to flow into where the split is they will force you to the other rows, even if you request, because it would prevent people from getting up the stairs.

Leviathan doesn't have a separate queue but the station rails are a little longer to accommodate a request for the front row to the grouper. They usually won't assign you front row because it's usually longer than a train wait so you have to ask. They don't force only one trainload to wait in the front like some rides, so you can ask and most likely they will let you unless it's the end of the night.

Hopefully that makes sense.

^^ I got there by transit years ago, and with a bit of planning, and knowing where you're going - easy!

Don't forget, it will probably be Exact Change Only if you do use the transit there.

EDIT to add: Does any major bus transit system in North America "give back change" any more? Just curious.

The transit systems that serve Canada's Wonderland do not accept any change. You have to buy a card called PRESTO. They are available at most stops and stations. You must load the card and then swipe as you enter and exit the transit vehicle. I hope this helps. A warning though. Don't try to avoid buying or swiping your card. If you don't use your card correctly, then Transit inspectors will ding you with a $500.00 fine.

• 2 weeks later...

The transit systems that serve Canada's Wonderland do not accept any change. You have to buy a card called PRESTO. They are available at most stops and stations. You must load the card and then swipe as you enter and exit the transit vehicle. I hope this helps. A warning though. Don't try to avoid buying or swiping your card. If you don't use your card correctly, then Transit inspectors will ding you with a $500.00 fine.

That isn't true. Both the subway system and most busses accept cash still. Wonderland is also in process of building a bus terminal in the parking lot.

That isn't true. Both the subway system and most busses accept cash still. Wonderland is also in process of building a bus terminal in the parking lot.

Accepting change and providing change. Buy a PRESTO card and you won't have a problem.

For those unfamiliar with transit in the area, if you're travelling with a group, you each need your own PRESTO card, you can't just load a single card with enough money and have everyone use it...

[fbvideonew][/fbvideonew]

For those unfamiliar with transit in the area, if you're travelling with a group, you each need your own PRESTO card, you can't just load a single card with enough money and have everyone use it...

ALso just a friendly tip to get and load the Presto card at least a few days in advance. These things have so many glitches you want to make sure they're working before being in a situation where the reader thinks the card is empty and you've got no change to board the bus.

"[fbvideonew][/fbvideonew]"

What the heck was supposed to go in here? Just being curious of me.

I believe a link to a Facebook video would go there.

In other news, Season Pass Sneak Preview Night has just been announced for Friday, April 24th, 2020 from 6pm to 10pm! More details regarding the event can be found here.

If the weather is good, is season pass preview night usually an overcrowded shitshow???

I have been attending Season Pass Sneak Preview Night annually since 2013 and the crowd levels really depends on the weather as you have stated, along with what is new that season, and if there are any other large events occurring within the GTA that same night. Also, if all the rides are open and operating that night, that helps with spreading out the crowds. Unfortunately for the past couple of years, a few of the major rides were closed, which caused some of the lines to be longer than usual. But I still had a great time despite the fact!

But generally if the weather is nice, it does tend to bring out more people, but since the event is only for four hours, it tends to deter people from going and making it completely packed. Just keep an eye on the weather as the date gets closer to help decide if you want to make a visit that night!

Last time I hit up SPPN it was a beautiful day and everyone in Ontario was there it seemed... A 4 hour round trip for those lines doesn't float my boat...

I have been to the last several years passholder night.

It is a fun atmosphere and everyone seems happy to be back at wonderland for another season. People are understanding that rides which have not run for 6 months have a bit of downtime. Many of the staff are new and not on their midseason form.

Foodservice which is pretty bad on a good day is even slower with lots of things running out.

On paper it is a textbook shitshow but people are thrilled to be back so it winds up being a nice night out.

• 1 month later...

I hope everyone has been staying safe and healthy lately during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak we have been experiencing! Since being temporarily laid off of work for a couple of weeks as of Friday, I decided to try my hand at being creative in order to pass some of the time. Below is a photo of a clock I customized today, displaying photos of various rides at Canada's Wonderland that I had taken over the past few years. I used Photoshop to compile the photos together within a clock face template. I think it turned out quite nicely!

20200321_161649_HDR_1.thumb.jpg.fe03711707728f1f66d3c382aa956cfd.jpg

^ Very cool! You should post this entire post, with the photo of what you've done, in That C Thread, heh.

People need to get back into their "craft zone," lol.

^ Very cool! You should post this entire post, with the photo of what you've done, in That C Thread, heh.

People need to get back into their "craft zone," lol.

Thank you for the suggestion! I most definitely will!

• 4 months later...

While the other closed Cedar Fair parks have cancelled their seasons, Cedar Fair recent said in their 2nd quarter report that they’re still hoping to open Canada’s Wonderland at some point this year. Wonder why CW is the single holdout?

Any word on opening soon!? It's August 15 and they are still waiting on the government to let them open!

I think you answered your own question.

While the other closed Cedar Fair parks have cancelled their seasons, Cedar Fair recent said in their 2nd quarter report that they’re still hoping to open Canada’s Wonderland at some point this year. Wonder why CW is the single holdout?

They also want to open Knott’s, although that’s year round typically. The big 4 parks, Knott’s, Cedar Point, Kings Island, and Canada’s Wonderland combined provide 80 percent of the chains profits. It’s down to profitability, they can make money at a much lower percentage of regular attendance then the other parks. Same reason why even parks that did open are closing earlier in the season then normal, except for Cedar Point and Kings Island. I doubt the park will have haunt or winterfest, the chain already cancelled it for the rest of the parks.

• 3 months later...

While not completely related to the operation of Canada's Wonderland, the park was used in a completely different way earlier this week to keep a tradition alive due to current COVID-19 restrictions in the Greater Toronto Area and the Province of Ontario. Since 1905, the Toronto Santa Claus Parade has drawn many spectators along the downtown streets in the city of Toronto. Due to current restrictions, they had to figure out a way to bring the parade to spectators in a safe manner. Instead of using the traditional street route, they headed north to the City of Vaughan and used Canada's Wonderland as their parade route!

Below is a link to an article looking at how the Toronto Santa Claus Parade was able to produce a made for TV parade safely on the grounds of Canada's Wonderland. There are some photos of the park included in the article during the filming of the parade. This year's edition of the Toronto Santa Claus parade is to air on CTV channels on December 5th at 7pm EST.

It is nice to see the park come alive even if it isn't open to park visitors or an event created/hosted by the park! :)

Link to article: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2020/11/17/photos-santa-claus-is-coming-to-your-tv-screen-heres-a-sneak-peek-of-torontos-parade-this-year.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Thanks 1