TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I have to say, I was watching a video on CW's Haunt the other day, and it struck me as... odd, I think would be the best way to describe it. The scare actor interactions seemed far cheesier than I've seen other places (and they're cheesy to begin with), and there were other aspects of it that didn't seem first rate. Now, this is just impressions based off of one person's video, but from the comment above, am I to infer that maybe that is the case?

^ this year Gold and Platinum passholders get into haunt for free. Previously they only got a discount. If you have a daytime one day ticket you would have to purchase another ticket for haunt. There are a few parks that are this way, not all.

I'll probably be going next weekend.

I may also have to offer up some fast lane passes for daytime as I bought during a sale a long time ago that I won't be able to use because I already have the free ones for renewing our passes for next year... so I'm going to have two extra since I plan on visiting once more this year. I'll know for sure, soon, as I might be able to get some friends to tag along but usually their schedules don't work out.

I may also have to offer up some fast lane passes for daytime as I bought during a sale a long time ago that I won't be able to use because I already have the free ones for renewing our passes for next year... so I'm going to have two extra since I plan on visiting once more this year. I'll know for sure, soon, as I might be able to get some friends to tag along but usually their schedules don't work out.

I understand what you mean. I bought a few FL+ tickets during a flash sale last summer/fall. They were half price and could buy four. I bought two. I also renewed all 5 family member season passes giving us FL+ tickets for each person but my kids are 4, 6, and 10, and my wife doesn't go on big rides so 4 go to waste. I learned though the you can give them to guests who you take with you, so that's what I did.

Well, since my app didn't save my super long post when I went back to it... Ugh.

Short version: I bought 2 fast lane+ passes that are good any day this season for $99 USD after taxes and fees. These are NOT the ones that are from renewing, as those are tied to my card and I will be using them this weekend hopefully. I won't be able to use these though before the season is up.

If anyone wants them and willing to throw me a few bones (it can be after you use them) it would be greatly appreciated. They say "ticket 1" and "ticket 2" on them so your name doesn't need to match anything.

Send me a PM if interested. I'm willing to give them away to a good home and take the loss as long as you promise not to resell them. I can send a .PDF of the vouchers.

Not good for FRIGHT lane, and the restrictions don't say anything about using it during haunt, but it would definitely be either daytime OR night time, not both. Might want to call them to be sure if you want to use during haunt.

Thanks!

Well, since my app didn't save my super long post when I went back to it... Ugh.

Short version: I bought 2 fast lane+ passes that are good any day this season for $99 USD after taxes and fees. These are NOT the ones that are from renewing, as those are tied to my card and I will be using them this weekend hopefully. I won't be able to use these though before the season is up.

If anyone wants them and willing to throw me a few bones (it can be after you use them) it would be greatly appreciated. They say "ticket 1" and "ticket 2" on them so your name doesn't need to match anything.

Send me a PM if interested. I'm willing to give them away to a good home and take the loss as long as you promise not to resell them. I can send a .PDF of the vouchers.

Not good for FRIGHT lane, and the restrictions don't say anything about using it during haunt, but it would definitely be either daytime OR night time, not both. Might want to call them to be sure if you want to use during haunt.

Thanks!

You bought those from the flash sale last summer like I did. I used one but have one left and am going by myself to the park tomorrow to use it because I can't go the following weekend. Was hoping to go with someone but oh well.

I'm going tomorrow Sunday October 20 for the Haunt.

Fast Pass +? I'm 6'4" and only fit on the B&M coasters + wooden.

I haven't been in 3 years, so I should get one? Will the crowds be small for haunt? I can be contempt ridding Behemoth over and over if the normal line is short enough.

Was at the park yesterday and did all 9 haunts in an hour! They opened the holding pens and the houses around 6:40 and we didn't wait in a single line. They weren't spacing out groups properly despite the small crowds.

Pretty lackluster year, honestly, but whatcha gonna do. They are fun, but I think I've outgrown the Cedar Fair haunts after going to so many others. Oh well. Still better than Six Flags [emoji769] and luckily all the haunts were included so no real loss there. Didn't do Zombies 4d this year since the screens are probably still broken, lol.

I still have TWO free FastLane+ vouchers up for grabs to a good home for the last and final weekend. I'd hate for them to go to waste. Even renewing passholders get the free FL+ but they also got bring a friend tickets too so now you can get your friends free FL+ as well if you haven't used your stuff yet.

Let me know.

Was at the park yesterday and did all 9 haunts in an hour! They opened the holding pens and the houses around 6:40 and we didn't wait in a single line. They weren't spacing out groups properly despite the small crowds.

Pretty lackluster year, honestly, but whatcha gonna do. They are fun, but I think I've outgrown the Cedar Fair haunts after going to so many others. Oh well. Still better than Six Flags [emoji769] and luckily all the haunts were included so no real loss there. Didn't do Zombies 4d this year since the screens are probably still broken, lol.

I still have TWO free FastLane+ vouchers up for grabs to a good home for the last and final weekend. I'd hate for them to go to waste. Even renewing passholders get the free FL+ but they also got bring a friend tickets too so now you can get your friends free FL+ as well if you haven't used your stuff yet.

Let me know.

Double check the fine print of those FL+ tickets... if they are the same as mine (I bought them during a flash sale last summer) then they expired after labour day weekend. I went to use mine on Saturday that is when it was pointed out. They said the only thing they can do is refund it and then charge me the current cost of the pass $89ish. Luckily I had my family's season passes with me and none of them go on adult rides so I cashed in one of their FL+ due to my renewing our cards.

I bought them in March.

And yeah. You're right. Sorry folks! It doesn't say anything about expiration in the "mobile" terms and conditions, but it does in the printed version.

Well... nevermind. Thanks for pointing that out, I generally just look at the mobile tickets. Glad my friends couldn't make it this past weekend, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Since July 2019, Canada's Wonderland has been busy transforming the park into Winterfest, which opens on November 22nd, 2019! The video below shows behind the scenes transformations as well as transformations you may have seen around the park over the past few months! The all-new Winterfest at Canada's Wonderland looks like an event you don't want to miss!

Krachenwagen, Klockwerks, Wilde Knight Mares, and Vikings Rage are the only 'adult' rides that will be open for Winterfest at Canada's Wonderland. No coasters as mentioned earlier. This is a 'family' event like Camp Spooky. Planet Snoopy will be open for kids. Here is a list of things to do while you and the kids are freezing, going on rides at Wonderland. Freezing cold days will be empty as cold days are during the regular season as well. I hope this works out but, I had egg nog and candy cane funnel cakes during Haunt and I can skate indoors anytime. I see why Season Pass holders get in 'free' now. You will need to fork out money to get on the skating rink. Yep, Snow Flake Lake is an upcharge and skating times are limited to 45 minutes. Free or not, I will not be there unless it is way above freezing.

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/play/winterfest/attractions

Edited by PATTYCAKES

I find it so interesting that CW has Winterfest, while CP does not. I'd definitely be interested in knowing from CF's perspective why they haven't expanded to CP yet (other than the obvious fact it'll be cold and windy as heck on a peninsula jutting into a lake during the wintertime.)

Wonderland is an earshot away from Toronto. Staffing will not be a huge issue, and lots of potential local guests. Cedar Point is too far away from any metro for it to work, I would think. Plus they don't like to run rides, anyway.

"Oh, America's roller coast? Wait, why is Blue Streak the only coaster open?"

• 4 weeks later...

Winterfest at Canada's Wonderland premiered on November 22nd! Below are some photos that I had captured during the first evening of this all-new event. It was very well done and the light displays around the park were quite spectacular! While the rides are not the main attraction of Winterfest, I did brave the frigid temperatures and took a ride on Klockwerks, Wilde Knight Mares, and Krachenwagen, three of the four larger rides open during Winterfest. Overall, attending Winterfest sure got me into the Christmas spirit!

IMG_4076-min.thumb.JPG.0fb9afdc511e8e8e20954fe2b2270755.JPG The front gates were decked out and were a prelude of what was yet to come!

IMG_4101-min.thumb.JPG.38273ee670a5c73662b1d266e563b845.JPG The Tree Lighting Ceremony took place at 5:30pm and consisted of signing, dancing, and a dazzling light display! It is a performance you do not want to miss!

IMG_4102-min.thumb.JPG.87b867a4b0d011c953e150d20344e46c.JPG The Snowflake Lake skating rink on the Royal Fountain began to fill up with visitors after the tree lighting ceremony had concluded.

IMG_4110-min.thumb.JPG.9a8bfbdb4bba08e042e685ffbb1059e3.JPG While some of the lamp posts throughout the park feature shooting star lights, all of them had received oil lamp-type bulbs which flickered just like the real thing! It was a nice touch!

IMG_4120-min.thumb.JPG.80d9e9aaab6e1ff7518d0e2c9097a9d6.JPG Klockwerks and Christmas lights are a magical combination!

IMG_4124-min.thumb.JPG.66c2b883752cee902788faae678899b9.JPG The Candy Cane Lane heading into Charlie Brown's Christmas Town (Planet Snoopy and Kidzville) looked spectacular!

IMG_4129-min.thumb.JPG.925553ea62ace235b24421501bb14b94.JPG Charlie Brown's Christmas Town was decked out with many colourful Christmas lights!

IMG_4134-min.thumb.JPG.0109835dc9d87dd2e17ad44c88c15772.JPG Charlie Brown and Linus were quite proud of the tree they found at the tree lot!

IMG_4137-min.thumb.JPG.b1fc313594d22254546aab918b6c2bab.JPG This photo of Viking's Rage looked postcard worthy with all the lights surrounding it!

IMG_4138-min.thumb.JPG.5d65045d9ec8a8a8840a55c170dd3eea.JPG Wilde Knight Mares also looked stunning with all the Christmas lights strung in the surrounding shrubs and trees.

IMG_4144-min.thumb.JPG.938870180a5154dbd65b7b90896498ad.JPG The Cool Yule Show in Elf Village (Medieval Faire) was a very nice show consisting of many well-known Christmastime songs.

1700168488_IMG_4165(1)-min.thumb.JPG.c979677b9720432a0cf875d3b6812249.JPG Here is one last look at Snowflake Lake and Wonder Mountain on International Street during Winterfest! It was a spectacular sight to see!

Krachenwagen, Klockwerks, Wilde Knight Mares, and Vikings Rage are the only 'adult' rides that will be open for Winterfest at Canada's Wonderland. No coasters as mentioned earlier. This is a 'family' event like Camp Spooky. Planet Snoopy will be open for kids. Here is a list of things to do while you and the kids are freezing, going on rides at Wonderland. Freezing cold days will be empty as cold days are during the regular season as well. I hope this works out but, I had egg nog and candy cane funnel cakes during Haunt and I can skate indoors anytime. I see why Season Pass holders get in 'free' now. You will need to fork out money to get on the skating rink. Yep, Snow Flake Lake is an upcharge and skating times are limited to 45 minutes. Free or not, I will not be there unless it is way above freezing.

Yeah it's a family event, which is why the low amount of adult rides. From what I have heard, the first weekend has been crazy busy. BTW skating is free. Winterfest is not aimed at enthusiasts, its a family friendly version of the. Christmas market in the distillery district.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it's a family event, which is why the low amount of adult rides. From what I have heard, the first weekend has been crazy busy. BTW skating is free. Winterfest is not aimed at enthusiasts, its a family friendly version of the. Christmas market in the distillery district.

Is it $10 to reserve an ice time, or is it always free?

I got the $10 information from Amusement Insiders, which is no surprise as they generally give out incorrect information. At first, I thought Winterfest was just an easy money grab, but it really does look nice. My family might go a couple of times just to look around, but I think we are going to try to hold onto our wallets, just like at the Toronto Christmas Market where you can pay $15 for a grilled cheese.