TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

The video you refer to is ever so slightly "click baity"! and is made by an enthusiast rather than a qualified engineer. I'm not quite sure whether the purpose is to make people nervous...or actually show some "interesting" stuff about how coasters are built.

Haha, yeah... It's a sad click baity video.

However, it makes sense that Yukon Striker is sinking given the fact Magnum is still sinking. I feel like each Cedar Fair park needs a signature "sinking coaster."

I got a bit of a dilemma... After I renewed my seasons pass for this year there was a promo where you can buy some FL+ tickets for half cost. I bought a few. I used one already but for the life of me I can't find the email or printed ticket so I can use the second one. I'm supposed to go with a friend tomorrow. Can the park find it somehow if I check in with customer service? Does anyone remember if that flash sale of FL+ passes was only for seasons pass holders or for anyone?

Ah thanks for the explanation. I found the order lookup feature of the payment portal on the site but unfortunately I can't seem to make use of it because I don't have my order ID number. That would be contained in the email order confirmation which is what I can't find.

It won't be Haunt on Thanksgiving Weekend, unless Canadian Thanksgiving is in October.

Which it is and always has been. Different origins than the American one. To answer the post, yes Wonderland will be extremely busy those days. Sunday slightly better than Sat.

Stocking Stuffers and Festive Funnel Cakes are open now at Canada's Wonderland. Yesterday, I ate an Egg Nog Funnel Cake.

It had egg nog drizzle, a gingerbread cookie, pomegranate seeds, red and green sprinkles, and ice cream. mmmmmm . . .

They also have Candy Cane and GingerBread Funnel Cakes. The Stocking Stuffers shop looks beautiful. I know they have to set up in advance, but I am going to have a Candy Cane Funnel Cake at Halloween Haunt. I am taking my group on the first weekend. This is the earliest I have ever gone to Haunt, but after the experience from last year. It was ridiculously busy last year so I am going to see just how empty everyone says it is on the first weekend. I am also going on Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.

^ That's cool. Three years ago, I bought Christmas tree ornaments, on display,

in both Disneyland and Knott's. So that happens everywhere, obviously. But still,

to find it in mid-September, still seems kind of wierd to me, lol.

I didn't expect them to open any of the B&Ms, but I am a little surprised they didn't even open a single roller coaster like Silver Streak, Thunder Run, or Guardian.

I thought they were going to open some of the coasters where you can see what I at least thought was base heaters attached to the track in the stations of rides like Leviathan and Yukon Striker.

I didn't expect them to open any of the B&Ms, but I am a little surprised they didn't even open a single roller coaster like Silver Streak, Thunder Run, or Guardian.

I thought they were going to open some of the coasters where you can see what I at least thought was base heaters attached to the track in the stations of rides like Leviathan and Yukon Striker.

If they actually installed the heaters as we all thought, then they probably didn't work in Canada as I think they were testing the heaters on Leviathan last winter. Having heaters on the wheels are going to keep the wheels warm, but it will not melt the ice and snow off the track. We don't really have to worry about no coasters . . . if we have an ice storm or a big snowfall then no rides will be open anyway. I have been to Wonderland in winter time when I worked there. The brick pathways become very slippery. They are going to have to constantly be clearing the snow off the pathways. It is going to be interesting walking over the bridge on main street.

They most certainly installed the wheel warmers. That’s not the part in question.

However it just never seemed likely that their use was intended for Winterfest. It’s probably for those days we get over here with those cold starts so they don’t need to rely on water dummies or have the ride perform as “sluggish” as folks claim in the colder temperatures

If anything else they’re probably perfect for HAUNT.

They most certainly installed the wheel warmers. That’s not the part in question.

However it just never seemed likely that their use was intended for Winterfest. It’s probably for those days we get over here with those cold starts so they don’t need to rely on water dummies or have the ride perform as “sluggish” as folks claim in the colder temperatures

If anything else they’re probably perfect for HAUNT.

I agree. Their use is definitely for those cooler days earlier and later in the season. With the installation of the wheel warmers earlier this year, Leviathan has been flying on those days!

If they actually installed the heaters as we all thought, then they probably didn't work in Canada as I think they were testing the heaters on Leviathan last winter.

The coasters aren't running because the park is owned by Cedar Fair. It has nothing to do with the quality of the wheel heaters. Nobody should ever expect decent ride lineups at any Cedar Fair Winterfest event at a seasonal park (aside from Great America but that park shouldn't be seasonal anyway and the limited lineup is still sort of pathetic considering there's a Six Flags park up the road that's fully open all year long).

If this were a Six Flags park, Leviathan would probably run.

The daily average in Vaughan is virtually identical to the daily average in Gurnee by the end of the event (actually one degree warmer Fahrenheit for the high and 4 degrees warmer for the low) and they run 8 coasters including a 73 mph hyper (and possibly more this year). All of their B&Ms run for the event.

Edited by coasterbill

So I just read in the National Post that Six Flags has approached Cedar Fairs with a cash and stock offer to buy the chain. Nothing has been officially acknowledged.

My question is lets say this becomes reality, what do you think it means to CW? How do you think CW will be treated compared to SF other properties... cause when I think of SF and Canada I think about how shoddy La Ronde is. CF has treated CW with good care in my opinion.

Edited by thirstydeer

If they actually installed the heaters as we all thought, then they probably didn't work in Canada as I think they were testing the heaters on Leviathan last winter.

The coasters aren't running because the park is owned by Cedar Fair. It has nothing to do with the quality of the wheel heaters. Nobody should ever expect decent ride lineups at any Cedar Fair Winterfest event at a seasonal park (aside from Great America but that park shouldn't be seasonal anyway and the limited lineup is still sort of pathetic considering there's a Six Flags park up the road that's fully open all year long).

If this were a Six Flags park, Leviathan would probably run.

The daily average in Vaughan is virtually identical to the daily average in Gurnee by the end of the event (actually one degree warmer Fahrenheit for the high and 4 degrees warmer for the low) and they run 8 coasters including a 73 mph hyper (and possibly more this year). All of their B&Ms run for the event.

So out the window with safety eh, bill? Just let the ice fly off Leviathan, onto the guests walking in from the parking and smash and destroy peoples cars. Correct me if I misunderstood you, Bill.