TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR Spain & Mini-Europe Trip 2007 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The airtime you get on the drop after the launch is just sick. And then you don't have time to catch your breath until the zero G and it takes that SO fast!

The video doesn't do it justice but that ride is anything but boring.

--Robb

And yeah, the footage does not even convey how freakin fast the ride is. Too bad it's practically unrideable in the outside seats. If it was the same as the inside seats everywhere I would put it in my top 10.

Wow. I'm really anxious to hear your guys' thoughts on Maverick now. The first thing I thought of when I watched the footage was the zero G, the speed it took it at, and the subsequent roughness on the outer seats. Makes me wonder even more about Maverick's missing heartline. Any ballpark idea as to how fast the train is traveling when it reaches the zero G?

Plane on a stick........AWESOME! Being enclosed, I'm not quite sure it was Stratosphere material, but very close by the looks of it.

Considering the train travels at around 84 mph max, I would say, 72 at the moment considering it has only been open about a month, but one it is broken in over the rest of this year & a bit of next, it could go as high as 75.

MrMorgan wrote:

I went to RCDB.com and did a little looking around. I think it must have been Parc de Montjuic that we saw. I also noticed they had one of those random, non-looping shuttle coasters like Ramses at Parc de Attraciones Zaragoaz. Look:

Well, in fact that random non-looping coaster like Ramses is the ride that you can see in the photo that you have posted. Parc de Atraccions of montjuic was the other little parc of Barcelona, it was closed by the local council in 1999, and the two "major rides" of the park were relocated. Vikingo was relocated to Parque de atracciones of Zaragoza as Ramses, and Boomerang was relocated to Six flags New Orleans as Zydeco Scream.

Here I post a photo of boomerang and vikingo one next the other, as they were went they were together in Barcelona

p2808.jpg.cc1fb052e753cef8a20b52d96795eaf8.jpg

Wow Tibidabo must have one of the best backdrops I've seen. Great update again, how do you fit all these parks in?

That Plane on a Stick ride looks shocking, I would seriously be checking for health and safety certs before going up in it. Great views from the window, easy to fool people into thinking you were on a plane ride over Barcelona.

Wow, Tibidabo is a really messed up park, and while not run down, it didn't look that safe. The two "rides on a stick" look like they could send their riders to their deaths at any moment, but good job to the park for coming up with the concept. The location for the park is amazing, and the parks ability to place rides that close to one another on that type of terrain is kind of amazing.

I have to say, i felt more unsafe on Furious Barcon (due to the potential of a brain hemorrhage) than i did on any of the rides at Tibadabadodabo. I admit the bucket ride was scary at the top but at no time felt unsafe.

Another great, beautiful, well kept, well run, unique park.

Interesting how everyone seems to have piled on bashing Tibidabo. The park looks unique and somewhat charming... not quite sure how everyone is getting "ghetto" and "unsafe" out of that.

Now if the home made rides were at say... Mount Olympus... then I would be scared.

It is funny how everyone freaks out about "OMG HOME MADE RIDES!!!" but if you think about it, old Chance rides and more than anything, S&S rides started out as essentially home made machines.

Anyways, hope the trip is going GREAT!

Thanks Steve for the kind words, you were a super cool roommate!

TIP UPDATE - Sitting here at Phantasialand. STILL lacking the number of requests to see the super hot bikini spread.

STEVE. can you believe these guys dont want to see the sexy pics I showed you?????

peace big mike

^OMG SAME HERE!!!1!1

13 year old>

On a serious note, I'm curious as to how the Spain and Mini-Europe trips went. Did you guys ever visit Parque Warner or did you cancel it in favor of the Mini-Europe trip? Just a quick question.

We did indeed hit Parque Warner Madrid and I'm sure there will be an update on that soon.

I'm really jelous of everyone who's still on the mini-Europe part of the trip and wish I could be there with you instead of being back at stupid work! You all suck!

I have to say that R&E have once again done a fantastic job and hosted an amazing trip. That along with taking care of KT, doing updates, etc... I have no idea where they get their energy from. (Unless Robb has finally figured out a way to leech the brainwave energy off of the drooling masses who log on to the website. Hey wait, I'm one of those drooling masses.)

I had a great time and I'll be doing a trip with you guys next year again. Now all I have to do is convince Rebecca that we need to go to Europe next year.

Enjoy the rest of the trip!

Thanks Steve for the kind words, you were a super cool roommate!

TIP UPDATE - Sitting here at Phantasialand. STILL lacking the number of requests to see the super hot bikini spread.

STEVE. can you believe these guys dont want to see the sexy pics I showed you?????

peace big mike

A good salesman knows the value of free samples, Mike. Unless, of course, you have nothing to sell.

Well, Rich and I have finally made it home after a long drive from NY. Oh, and of course, our stop off at Dutch Wonderland to get credits 99 and 100 for this trip! (Larry, if you're not impressed I'm taking away your yellow hat!). This should allow us to hit 400 by the end of the season in October.

I hope all of you that are on the Mini-Europe trip are having a wonderful time. Part of me is jealous, but after being gone for 24 days, seeing my dog again is wonderful, and sleeping in my own bed will be beyond words!

Thanks so much to Robb and Elissa (and Chris F., John V., and Jeff) for all their hard work. Once again, this trip was incredible. The parks were gorgeous and amazingly themed (yes, this includes Tibidabo - clean, well landscaped, and lots of fun), and the treatment we received was impeccable.

Kristen is simply adorable, and I can count maybe 5 total min. combined on the entire trip that you could actually hear her fussing. She smiles all the time, and she's just a joy. Robb and Elissa are fantastic parents, and did an amazing job balancing all the overwhelming tasks that were demanded of them.

We strengthened friendships we made over the past year, and met lots of great new people that we look forward to getting to know better. Another trip that leaves me fresh out of adjectives to say "I've never enjoyed myself more, appreciated the special treatment we received everywhere we went, or looked forward to more TPR adventures in the future!"

We miss you guys!!! Get home safe everyone!

Melanie Bitner

Founding Member of the BOTBC

Founding Member and Sole Female Member of the Yellow Hat Club!!!

^

Sorry to annoy you with this again, but I want to tell you how priviliged I feel at the moment. In a good 4 hours I'll be hanging out with the Tpr-Mini-Europe-Trip-gang in Toverland. I cannot begin to write down how excited I am. It's almost surreal

I can't find the post now to quote, but whoever said they can't wait for a wingwalker to open in the US, and wished Maverick had been a wingwalker. YES YOU CAN, and NO YOU DON'T.

It HURT like hell. The ride itself was good and had good airtime. Too bad I was in too much pain to enjoy it. I rode 4 times (2 inside 2 outside), and of those, only 1 was tolerable. If it had been smooth, it might have been a top 25 ride for me. But since I came off with a screaming headache every time, it's bottom 25. I have no desire to ever ride it again.

The wingwalker thing is a gimmick, and I hope parks don't buy into it, because it could have been an awesome ride with regular trains (though I'm sure the airtime would have been less pronounced).

Of course, others had different opinions, though I would say people either "loved it" or "hated it". There wasn't much middle ground.

Glad to be back, but missing everyone terribly.

Highlights for me were Tarantula, Bouncy-Bouncy, Dragon Kahn, Hurrakon Condor, Superman, and of course all the amazing people I hung out with.

That baco ride looks sweet, even if it is rough i'm sure riding outside of the track must be awesome. + it's launched! Anyone care to tell me what's going on in this picture???

Or would it be better i didn't know?.......................

Hey, that's me!! The Pink Panther was just too cute, I couldn't resist.

Oh, how I already miss Spain. It was an incredible trip and I thank Robb and Elissa for doing such an amazing job putting it together. I met some awesome people and will treasure the memories...Bouncy Bouncy, Furius Baco (I loved it the more I rode it), the "What the f*ck was that?" ride... Riding a roller coaster along the Mediterranean? Heaven. Words cannot describe it really... Spain is a beautiful country and the parks were all beautiful as well (and gracious) with GREAT theming. Thanks again to Robb, Elissa, and everyone who made the trip fun. Girl, please...I'll be back!!

-Chadlyr

P.S. "I love Spain."

Tibidabo

Regarding Furius Baco, let me point out that the monkeys are NOT drunk. Actually, it is only ONE monkey (called "Manàs"), which is the inventor's assistant. And I can assure you that monkey is not drunk because I've never ever seen a drunk monkey riding a bike... yet...

Will

I guess I have to disagree - I've seen lots of drunk monkeys, many of whom were on this trip.....(I'll give you they weren't riding bikes, just planes, trains and buses...but given half the chance!) also I think Manas had a few brothers and sisters and they were totally tanked and the best way to ride this beast is also to be out of your skull and that way you do not need to spend so much money on pain relieving drugs because you can combine the ride pain with the hangover pain and all is good