TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So while checking the internet, I stumbled upon this:

http://www.coastersandmore.de/

Wo die Reise hingeht, bleibt ungewiss: Blackstone spendiert dem Gardaland 2008 eine "innovative" Minenbahn, mit der man nichts falsch machen kann, während europäische unabhängige Betriebe "noch" zu Höherem streben. Ein neuer Spitzenwoodie kommt nach Deutschland und die Skandinavier werden die ein oder andere Überraschung anbieten: Hier und dort bleibt der Kunde König.

Looks like a new wooden coaster will come to Germany. Rumours say this will be a GCI woody for Tripsdrill but nothing is confirmed at the moment.

I'm curious to see how this turns out

A new dollywood to be built somewhere around Myrtle Beach? I believe closer to North Myrtle Beach?

I don't exactly know, my friend that moved down there know some of the construction workers working on the hardrock park, and they said they found some possible land near route 9 or something.

I could see this happening, Dollys show/dinner attraction is a huge hit in Myrtle, The Dixie Stampede. So that may be why she chose Myrtle.

It will be interesting to see if this is true.

Well, I don't like thinking this, but it's kinda hard not to. Here at Carowinds, Thunder Road has been down for a while now, saying that it is for maintenance, but I have never seen anybody working on it since it was first closed. There are rumors that that is the future location of Carowinds next coaster. I was hoping that some one here knew whether or not they are actually going to get rid of Thunder road, or if they are actually refurbishing it.

Well, I don't like thinking this, but it's kinda hard not to. Here at Carowinds, Thunder Road has been down for a while now, saying that it is for maintenance, but I have never seen anybody working on it since it was first closed. There are rumors that that is the future location of Carowinds next coaster. I was hoping that some one here knew whether or not they are actually going to get rid of Thunder road, or if they are actually refurbishing it.

I am betting it is for maintenance, if they were taking it out, they probably would have said something and set date for people too get there last rides. Anyway, aren't they supposed too be getting rid of there suspened water coaster thing? I don't think they would remove two coasters in one season.

^^ I have seen it worked on several times and cranes back there working on it.

TR is not very likely to be removed since it's still a popular ride.

Saturator IS going after Sept 3 I've been told by a person at the park, and no not the dippin' dots guy either.

This is something I thought of:

Could the Super Saturator at Carowinds possibly be moving to Hard Rock Park to become Slippery When Wet? I know it was supposed to be some coaster with an elevator lift, but maybe a problem arose so they decided to make Carowings a deal...

Just a thought.

Regular BTR's drop to the left^.

Upon looking at RCDB, SFNO's BTR does indeed drop to the right, which is opposite of nost BTR's.

Is SFstl's BTR the only other one that does so?

http://www.rcdb.com/id1567.htm

Besides the SFStL and SFNO ones, the one at La Ronde is the only other mirrored B:TR in existence.

italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1002

Makes me wonder if Dorney is planning on getting rid of Laser at the end of the season. That would suck, as it's the most forceful ride in the park, and one of the best coasters. It's only downside is it's location, next to old kiddie rides and nothing else. Better ride the crap out of it now while I still can.

^ I've heard the same thing as well. I really hope it comes to Carowinds.

I've heard some talk that Super Saturator might be going back to Setpoint for some reason.

No word still on what they are using that space for. Maybe Disaster Transport is moving south.