TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the craziest thing you've done on a bike?

What's the craziest thing you have done, or tried to do, on a bike. I think mine was jumping over to people sitting on the ground or the 15 foot gap I tried to pull. Or also, litterally flying down Mammoth Mountain on a blue mountain bike course. That didn't mix too well with me. I also went down a red run (black diamond for skiers) on a bike, which happend to hurt like crap. Oh, and also I went down a couple of slides. Then how bout you guys? Anything that matches up with my stunts?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much crazy as a big whoops.

After swerving to avoid a carcoming round the corner on the wrong side of the road, whilst on me Tripumph Tigercub many years ago, I did a good job of knocking down a brick wall with my right leg, which lead to two broken bones and a dislocated knee and hip.

As I said WHOOPS.

Another motorbike story.

A good friend of mine was involved in an accident with a bus a ew years ago. He was dragged under the bus whilst going around a round about and ended up losing his right leg just above the knee.

A year or so later complete with a false leg he was back on a bike and at the same road island the same thing happened again. As the bus ran over him it pulled off his false leg causing his leg to bleed quite alot. He crawled out from under the bus as the driver got off to see what he had hit. The poor guy actually passed out because he though he'd ripped his real leg right off.

Number of things:

To begin with, this was when I first rode my bike:

Some friends and I went riding around and I kept running into newspaper stands so I finally got off and kicked it due to anger...(not crazy but it was funny)

Next up:

A friend and I were racing around my neighborhood and as I got to the finish line coming around the curve, I decided to pull my brakes...pulled many lateral g's as I was flung off the bike and slammed into the street while my bike finished (and won) the race for me. It knocked the wind out of me in the process so I could have cared if I won or not.

Last but not least, a few years ago my sister's b/f (now husband) and I were on our way to a bike shop to get a new bike chain. We decided to go down this short but steep road in which I always did. As we got to the bottom, I decided to move over to the sidewalk and didn't look behind: I clipped my sis's b/f's bike and I was thrown off into the middle of the street while my bike continued onto the sidewalk. (Ok, my bike officially does not like me as it keeps ditching me. ) I rolled from the middle of the street to the sidewalk and had to walk all the way back home, in which I could barely do...a week later we went to DLR as I worked off the soreness walking around and waiting in lines.

On a 20" banana seat bike (1970's) did a ramp to ramp jump. the gap was about 10-15 ft. We did it i don't know how many times before i bailed.

On the last run, i hit the ramp and was standing as i flew.

my seat had popped off and fell backward. When i landed, i sacked it right on the seat post post...

instant pain, and a ton of blood. off the ER i went. and yes, i got about 10 stitches on my left nad...

fun.....

however. no permanent damage. I've got two kids.

When i was like 7 i was riding a friends bike and his brakes absolutley sucked, but to my misfortune i didn't know that.

So i started riding down a hill, squeezed the brakes so i would stop, but the bike just kept goign faster and faster.

Then i ran straight into a ditch and did an endo, with an extra frontflip.(not to mention i slid a few feet). it ended up knocking me unconcious for a sec, i remember hitting the once or twice, then the next thign i knew i was about 20 or so feet from the dtich looking up at the sky and my friends started yelling and starting running towards me and what not,lol.

That was one helluva bump on my head.

Another that happened was i went off a kicker and lid off my pedals and landed on the middle bar, that didn't feel to good.

And i messed up trying to go off a kicker about 3 weeks ago and landed tilted and went straight onto my side.

And about 2 years ago the brakes on my bike suddenly stopped working and i hit a bump and flew to my side and my stomach landed on the handlebars...

AND i was trying to do a really tight turn about a year or so back and ended up sliding on Gravel, but that didn't hurt too much.

When I was in scotland i was at i frends i made while i was over there's we went to a deer farm i wlked and he biked later he let me on his new bike which he just got that day. So i was rideing along quite fast he yelled out stop so while standing up i slamed on the brakes of fliped over the handle bars

Zane "It Hurt my arm but nothing broken" Williams

• 1 year later...
On a 20" banana seat bike (1970's) did a ramp to ramp jump. the gap was about 10-15 ft. We did it i don't know how many times before i bailed.

On the last run, i hit the ramp and was standing as i flew.

my seat had popped off and fell backward. When i landed, i sacked it right on the seat post post...

instant pain, and a ton of blood. off the ER i went. and yes, i got about 10 stitches on my left nad...

fun.....

however. no permanent damage. I've got two kids.

Ok, so he definitely wins. I guess we can close this thread now.

No j/k, but holy freakin' crap.

When my bro and I were pretty young, our dad made us wooden ramps and we used to set them up in our driveway or make courses in our backyard... yeah, that lead to lots of cuts, gashs, road rashes, bad wrecks, and even a couple of concussions between the two of us. But damn, was it fun.

This wasn't me, but my neighbor (who completely BETRAYED me later) was riding my mountain bike, and didn't know if the brakes on the left or right handles were the normal ones. So he pulled the ones on the left, or the front wheel, and the bike flipped forward, throwing him to the ground. It was hilarious.

well...

i managed to get really low doing this super-cool turn. i was travelling around 35 mph (amazing, i know) and hit around 20 degrees from the horizontal and the bike flew from underneath me. i went with it, my bare right leg scraping along the ground. i finally stopped somewhere between 5 and 10 ft away from where my bike fell. I just laid in the same position bleeding fairly badly for an hour.

i also managed to go so fast down a hill (it was about 20 ft high) that when i applied the brakes, i managed to go over the handle bars due to the sudden stop.

accident prone: oh yes

do it again: definately!