TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Where did everyone get the name Divehawk 232 from?

I believe it's actually DiveHawk 223. It's from the "leaked" height of the dive coaster (223 ft) combined with a satirical mock of Cedar Fair's naming tendencies. Oh and it will be red or blue, guaranteed. All hail Dick Kinzel.

^It was made up, since Cedar Fair has an obsession with names that end with hawk and have the rides height in the name too.

How many coasters does Cedar Fair have "Hawk" in the name?

+/- the number of "Goliath" coasters in the SF chain. It is kind of silly in Cedar Fair's case, but SF's "Goliath" makes financial sense. Don't ask why, it's been debated countless times.

So, let's get real here, how costly can the maintenance for a sky ride truly be? I am staunchly against their removal, I love taking a breather and getting an elevated view of the park. And for better or worse I'm down with Divehawk 232.

DiveHawk 223.

You've never been a great eugoogoolizer though, so all is forgiven.

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at going to Cedar Point May 14 and 15(Thursday & Friday). How are the lines early in the season, are there many groups, and should I get a Fast Lane? I also can't ride spinning rides, but are there any non-coaster flats besides Power Tower, Skyhawk, and Windseeker I should be sure to ride?

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at going to Cedar Point May 14 and 15(Thursday & Friday). How are the lines early in the season, are there many groups, and should I get a Fast Lane? I also can't ride spinning rides, but are there any non-coaster flats besides Power Tower, Skyhawk, and Windseeker I should be sure to ride?

Wind seeker spins, just fyi.

Hey everyone,

Wind seeker spins, just fyi.

I'm aware of that. I'm okay with gentle spinning, but I get sick on more intense spinning rides like tea cups, frisbees, etc.

Hey everyone,

Lines shouldn't be bad at all, but there may be some school groups there both days. They'll all start to clear out about 4:00, so it should be fairly dead in the evening. I'd wait on getting FL until you get there. Since you can't do spinning rides, those are the only three flats I'd recommend riding.

^^^ Cedar Downs comes to mind too, if Windseeker isn't too much spinning that may not be either and from a historical perspective it's a really cool ride. It's not nearly as fast as the Rye Playland version so it may be manageable. Maxair is amazing too and you really don't feel the spinning as much as the swinging. It doesn't spin all that much really.

^^^ Cedar Downs comes to mind too, if Windseeker isn't too much spinning that may not be either and from a historical perspective it's a really cool ride. It's not nearly as fast as the Rye Playland version so it may be manageable. Maxair is amazing too and you really don't feel the spinning as much as the swinging. It doesn't spin all that much really.

I can second this. My dad gets so sick on spinning rides. He came out to visit and I took him to CP. He was able to ride maXair with no issues. It's big enough that you hardly feel the spinning.

Hey everyone,

I went on May 19th and 20th last year (a Monday and Tuesday) and the lines weren't too bad. It depends on what you're used to. For me I thought the place was packed. Magnum, Gemini, Mean Streak, Blue Streak, Iron Dragon almost always had short waits, 20 minutes max. Gatekeeper and Raptor are packed in the morning, but if you do night rides they're almost always a walk on (Gatekeeper being a walk on by like 7:30 is such a great thing. Millennium Force and Maverick have the longest lines (consistently) throughout the day. I'd highly recommend hitting Maverick first thing in the morning as it will usually have a half hour wait the rest of the day. Then Millennium Force and Rougarou (since it's a "new" coaster).

He was able to ride maXair with no issues. It's big enough that you hardly feel the spinning.

Damnit! I skipped maXair because I can't handle spinny rides. I'll have to go on it next time I'm at the Point!

By most accounts the latest B&M's have been a step up from GateKeeper. Hopefully this Dive Machine that we're hearing about helps restore the name Sandusky to all of it's former glory. I'd love a DC that people marvel at.

By most accounts the latest B&M's have been a step up from GateKeeper. Hopefully this Dive Machine that we're hearing about helps restore the name Sandusky to all of it's former glory. I'd love a DC that people marvel at.

Your pun makes Captain America sad.

But I was rather amused by it.

The Dive Machines are one of B&M's better creations. They definitely beat the Wing coasters.