TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

This is great news for people like me who prepare and don't come with a bunch of excess crap.

In regards to Maverick, I'm on the big and tall side and still love it. The trick is leaning into the twists and turns, so you don't get the crap beat out of your neck.

^^ Cargo pants/shorts are the way to go!

I shove everything in my ZIPPER pockets! Phone, wallet, keys, left over lunch, etc.

Fixed. Either way it's the way to go.

This is great news for people like me who prepare and don't come with a bunch of excess crap.

In regards to Maverick, I'm on the big and tall side and still love it. The trick is leaning into the twists and turns, so you don't get the crap beat out of your neck.

I hear what you're saying. I don't like to think when I ride. I love to have my arms up, and let the coaster have it's way with me! I can't do that with Maverick.

^^ Cargo pants/shorts are the way to go!

I shove everything in my ZIPPER pockets! Phone, wallet, keys, left over lunch, etc.

Fixed. Either way it's the way to go.

I meant "velcro", that is why I said "velcro".

No need to "FIX" anything in my post.

I hear what you're saying. I don't like to think when I ride. I love to have my arms up, and let the coaster have it's way with me! I can't do that with Maverick.

I would prefer the same, but Maverick is still a fun ride even when not having your hands up the whole time.

There was a certain ride that taught me you can't always keep your hands up the whole time while riding every single coaster.

It was the Son of Beast. Just thinking about it still makes me hurt.

Just rode Gatekeeper! I loved "keyholing!" I think this will be quite the fan favorite!

Follow our Twitter and Facebook for more updates today!

image.thumb.jpg.22b334eb6e92b93aafc6ce265a237cbe.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

Just rode Gatekeeper! I loved "keyholing!" I think this will be quite the fan favorite!

Follow our Twitter and Facebook for more updates today!

I like that new term "Key-holing." Another new word from TPR! Rob I can't believe I'm saying this as a fellow Floridian, but I'm envious of you being in Cleveland right now! I grew up there and the weather this time of year is normally poor at best. Did you find the "Key Master" by the Gatekeeper? -- Ghost-busters movie.

Gatekeeper B-roll footage is finally here!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

While watching that B-roll footage of Gatekeeper, I stumbled across this lovely video. Raptor time-lapse construction video from 1993-1994. It was probably taken from a documentary or a promo vid (hence the cheesy music).

- Kick the Sky!