TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 2017: Top Thrill Dragster RETIRED!?!?!?

1710 pph! Wow, that's insanely high. Of course, the actual capacity is never as high as the estimated capacity, but when comparing to some other coasters it is very high:

Cheetah Hunt: 1370 pph

Intimidator 305: 1350 pph

Diamondback:1620 pph

Love everything about this addition... The new main gate, landscaping, new B&M wingrider, etc....

It will look so fantastic... The ride should be amazing as well. I am really looking forward to next season.

I am glad they are filling the ride with sand to quiet it down over the main gate. Smart move.

What else did Becca say, something about another new addition. The video feed cut off just then....

She talked about the food truck. That's when my feed cut off.

It looks like a fantastic addition to the park. I know there are people complaining that it doesn't seem to pack the same punch as other coasters give at CP, but it adds to the variety of their collection. I see that as a good thing.

I don't really like the way they edited that video. It's chopped up really oddly, leaving the keyholes at the end of the video... after a reverse POV which sparks all of these "the ride goes backwards?!" comments from the GP.

Edited by asimowalk

And the hilarious facebook comments have begun!

we want a Cedar Point in Chile !

do you seriously go backwards..

Oh look, another version of X2.......

NOT IMPRESSED!!!!! where are the coasters that families and the not so thrill seeing people want???? Im tired of all these over done thrill seeking coasters...I dont think I'll be coming to Cedar Point any more...... very sad about this news!!!!

didnt see whole vid are they taking down raptor

are they taking down the raptor to make room for this one?

is this already at cedar point ?

Does this coaster go backwards too?

disaster transport will be mist but the point might not be.... anyway... cant wait!!!!!!!!!!

How I miss ceder point....wish they had one here in Houston.

itt goes backwards too! :O just watched video

My favorite part is when it launches you backwards out of the final breaks!!!!!!!!!

That is going to be the best part of the ride. I wonder how that will work with 3 train operation, but I'm sure CP knows what they are doing.

Man I sure hope that's just sarcasm... :-/

Edited by Stitch_101

My favorite part is when it launches you backwards out of the final breaks!!!!!!!!!

That is going to be the best part of the ride. I wonder how that will work with 3 train operation, but I'm sure CP knows what they are doing.

It's obviously a low-capacity, single train ride ala Wicked Twister. This should make for excruciating 4-5 hour waits.