TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hilarious responses to this coaster. It will be interesting, that's for sure. I haven't ridden a wingrider yet so I cannot comment on how they ride, but hey, CP is getting another coaster. Look forward to riding this next year. Now if only they would replace Mean Streak...

Hopefully after OR opens to rave reviews, CP will ask RMC to do a TG redo of it and then we can call it the NMS.

Wow, the coaster looks pretty awesome. I have not had the opportunity to ride a wing rider yet so hopefully next year will be the year for my first with this one. I am definitely going to assume this will be part of TPR's Mid West tour next year including Silver Dollar City.

This is a pretty nit picky complaint but I wish they would of had the lift hill face the park instead of the parking lot. Seems like a roll dive and vertical loop combo could have been designed to occupy roughly the same space as the roll dive and Immelmann does but would allow the view from the lift to be of the park and the beachfront portion of the lake instead of a view of the parking lot. I realize the station layout would have had to of been different also but a view of the park instead of the parking lot would have been worth it to me. Still looks like a great ride, glad to see they incorporated the interactive key hole fly throughs, those should be spectacular in person. I felt like Wild Eagle could have used a few of those.

I wonder what kind if ridiculious nickname the CP fan boys will give this thing, Gatey? Keeper? Keepsey? Wingy? I feel gross thinking about it .

It looks like great fun and a awesome addition to cedar point (which is already a fantastic park). It´s good to see that B&M are building a tall, fast and long looping coaster again because they haven't been doing it for quite a long time. It's also great that the first inversion, according to the announced height, will the the tallest in the world. Nice one CP!

^ ummm it'll be the only Wing Rider in Ohio...

That's your opinion.

Hahahaha. I feel like this will be the best Wing Rider in the world, based on looks I'd say it is without a doubt. Best coaster at CP, it's up there on looks...I'll just have to wait to ride it. The airtime hill is only 105 ft and the drop is 164 ft, that sounds nice...wouldn't be surprised to find it a little trimmed, but it has some big elements that follow. I really do like the layout, the more I look at it. This corkscrew looks huge, probably B&M's largest, and looks like it may give some air! And while that overbanked turnaround element just wants so badly to be a dive loop, I'll still count it as an inversion.

I wonder what kind if ridiculious nickname the CP fan boys will give this thing, Gatey? Keeper? Keepsey? Wingy? I feel gross thinking about it .

I'm no CP fanboy, but if I had to choose from your choices, it'd be Keepsey.

Edited by The Yeti

1710 pph! Wow, that's insanely high. Of course, the actual capacity is never as high as the estimated capacity, but when comparing to some other coasters it is very high:

Cheetah Hunt: 1370 pph

Intimidator 305: 1350 pph

Diamondback:1620 pph

Not always true, Intimidator at Carowinds was only listed at 1600 and when the crew actually tried we could run it at 1650 all day. We almost broke 1700 one time...

Guys, I think you are looking at the lift wrong... If you have ridden a wingrider, you know that the lift is steep, 40 degrees in this case. Considering the seats are already slightly reclined, you are more on your back going up the lift than anything else and except for the front seat you cannot see the horizon in front of you. The only way to see the lake will be to look to your side as a rider, which is conveniently located on the left side of the lift. The riders on the right side will have an incredible view of the entire park I'm sure.

Begin plans to make the 500 miles trek again.... Went last year and thought the front of the park needed some lovin' I think this is just what the doctor ordered! Also I think this will be and awesome way to show what this place is really about right as you are walking in the gate! Also gives plenty of excuse to create a new signature look to the front gates. Will really class the place up and get the GP excited to run in! I know i will be acting like a child when I go back! As for the wing rider concept. Rode X-flight this spring and was quite impressed. The trains really did give a different dynamic to the ride and the fly-through was not only stunning to watch off the ride, is quite the effective foot/headchopper. Looking forward to seeing what the double keyhole is like. My only complaint would have to be the color scheme, the blue is kinda meh... would have liked to see something a little bolder. But that is minimal.

Looks like a solid addition to the park, and it's surely gonna add some life to that southeast area of the park. Having it twist through keyholes right over the entrance is pretty ingenious and is gonna completely change the atmosphere at the entrance gates. I would even go so far as to say the keyholes-over-entrance could become iconic. As for the ride itself, as good as it looks (and damn does it look good), I just don't see this overtaking Maverick and Magnum as my favorites in the park, but I could see myself liking it about as much as I like Millennium Force and TTD. That is, Gatekeeper looks like it'll be extremely good rather than mindblowingly great. On the plus side, since it's B&M instead of Intamin, I doubt Gatekeeper is gonna be insanely overrated the way MF and TTD are. Just sayin'.