TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

All day lockers are the best thing any park has done in a while. They're so easy to use, and you don't have to backtrack to your locker constantly. They have large banks of them near every coaster that requires one, and even on a busy day there's going to be one available.

Have a blast at Cedar Point, man. You're gonna love the place.

• Replies 49.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out this amazing photo compliments of Dave Morgan!! 

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

Posted Images

I'm not there but I would think that since the park is flooded with enthusiasts today and most of them probably have Fastlane and believe that the sun rises and sets with that ride so they're probably pulling a ton of people from the Fastlane line. Combine that with the fact that the ride doesn't have good capacity even on it's best day and it opens 3 hours late every day and the demand is probably insane.

Raptor just posted a 5 minute wait though. If I were at the park without Fastlane you would know where to find me.

Nah not that, I get and expected the demand (and really I just hoped to get one day ride in by good timing, which is what happened) but it physically was moving slow. FL too. It just wasnt going anywhere. Guy I was chatting with said yest it had issues (who knows lol) and was moving like that too. It seemed like theres something on top of its already bad capacity and yes the fact FL line was as long as ours lol

I made my goal though so yeah pretty much rest of day is hitting up raptor and the others. In my experience late night, like 8-10 things really empty out. Just the slowness intrigued me bc Ive never seen it so bad, I aint griping this day has gone about as perfectly as possible, I will deff have everything done to my hearts content by the time night ERT is here

Your telling me its been opening at noon this season was a huge help, I timed it pretty much perfect

I'm not there but I would think that since the park is flooded with enthusiasts today and most of them probably have Fastlane and believe that the sun rises and sets with that ride so they're probably pulling a ton of people from the Fastlane line. Combine that with the fact that the ride doesn't have good capacity even on it's best day and it opens 3 hours late every day and the demand is probably insane.

Raptor just posted a 5 minute wait though. If I were at the park without Fastlane you would know where to find me.

I’m crossing my fingers that most of the coasterstock crowd is gone by Sunday, but the race is also this weekend. I won’t be super stoked to wait in 30 min FL+ lines.

Zach let us know how it goes!

We are planning on going to North Coast Con in July. Currently the proposed itin has indicated that SV will open at 9 because they are doing ert on Maverick 8-9 and then stated to meet at SV at 8:55 for "first rides of the day". Will be curious to see if that comes to fruition.

Anyway, just wondering about the FL line, how far back did it go? For us it was back to the last turn in the line and it took about an hour. They were filling 4 rows each train for the FL line, and 8 rows from the regular line. I'm wondering if things have since changed.

Loading sequence was the same yesterday. 4 rows FL, 8 rows regular.

First time we used the FL line ( around 1 pm) it took us 35-40 minutes, line was at the second turn seen from the entrance.

Second and third time(around 5.45 pm and 6.10 pm) the line started just up the stairs so it was a 5-10 minutes wait both times.

After those 2 rides my brain said: ride it again! but my body said: what the f**k are you doing! So the 3 rides was all I could take. Pfff.....I’m getting old[emoji26]

^I thought the same thing last year. When they were running one train at the beginning of the season we had walk-on ERT. After a couple rides and our ride earlier in the day we were done for our two day visit. It's a great ride and I enjoyed my first couple rides, but it's just not my favorite flavor.

Hey Zach - one thing to note when you’re setting up your bunny is the passcode. They’ll ask you twice in a row for a 4 digit code to use for the day. The number keypad flashed on the screen may be different from a typical number pad at first. Then when they then ask you to confirm your chosen code, the number order will be scrambled on screen. This really trips up a lot of people. Have a great time and don’t forget to ride Cedar Downs!

Yeah SV is epic but I don't think I can do more than a few rides. I will but I do feel my body already saying I'll regret it tomm. Also Skyhawk is a great night ride. The breeze is glorious and I just love it, simple ride but so good.

Hey Zach - one thing to note when you’re setting up your bunny is the passcode. They’ll ask you twice in a row for a 4 digit code to use for the day. The number keypad flashed on the screen may be different from a typical number pad at first. Then when they then ask you to confirm your chosen code, the number order will be scrambled on screen. This really trips up a lot of people. Have a great time and don’t forget to ride Cedar Downs!

It tripped me up a few weeks ago when Ii was there too lol, overall a great locker system. I don’t have any shorts with zipper pockets and i’m an overprotective freak about my phone so I just got a locker for all the coasters that didn’t have bins. The all-day locker is fantastic, and not badly priced at all. My only issue was that the Rougarou lockers were totally broken when i tried to ride it. Oh well, saved me from the headbanging

Yeah SV is epic but I don't think I can do more than a few rides. I will but I do feel my body already saying I'll regret it tomm. Also Skyhawk is a great night ride. The breeze is glorious and I just love it, simple ride but so good.

I rode it 4 times in a day last time I was there, oh trust me, my legs felt is BAD the next day, especially since 2 of those rides were in the back row!

I rode it 4 times in a day last time I was there, oh trust me, my legs felt is BAD the next day, especially since 2 of those rides were in the back row!

I got 6 yesterday, 1 during the day and 5 during ERT (4 in a row!) Yes I am feeling it, wow. But damn what a ride. What a ride. Was concerned ERT would be a bit lackluster but they did end up getting ops under control and down to 15 (10 at the end) min waits which was superb. That thing is a beast and a half.

I’m seeing antique cars, especially look at the far left of the wrap in the photo (circled in red). You can see the fake soft top roof and a tire.

1BAB9F67-E1F8-45A0-9D8A-74E7474339E0.thumb.jpeg.5dcf86bb240193c9ecd33d933348c965.jpeg

1D9E19B2-C948-4020-9EB6-1ADD8BB9A104.thumb.jpeg.673b8b40237fa6fe278012d06622d74b.jpeg

For anyone who attended Coastermania, how did the lines during ERT compare to FL+ lines during a typical weekday? I know that the boat ride, Q&A, food, community, etc., make the event about more than ERT, but hey, I'm still curious.

^ And I am hoping that one of you (or more) who went to CoasterMANIA!

will post a TR on the day, and how it all went. Thanks in advance!

Disappointing TTD didn't open today. Surely over the next 3 days I'll be able to catch a ride.

First visit in 28 years today. Had a blast. SV at night for my first ride on it was great. Didn't believe the Maverick hype but loved it. Can't wait to get up in a few hours and do it again.

Im not the biggest TR guy, I leave it to the pros, but I will say Coastermania went pretty superbly. Marathoned MForce from 7 to 840, headed over to Maverick to try and beat hotel crowds and did, they let us in a few mins early...got 2 rides before 9. Didn't even get off the train! they let us hop in an open row if there was one. Got 2 more in from 9 to 10 when I started heading in the direction of TTD. By pure luck it started to test literally as I went by, got 2 rides on it. This was all by 10!

Did magnum which idk if it was a good day or my memory but it didnt seem nearly as bumpy as I recall, really good ride.

Free lunch, then headed over to SV to gamble it'd be open by noon (this was 11:40 and it did start testing). I got one ride in, took an hour despite the line being very short, as I mentioned earlier was running 3 trains, ops were moving, just was crazy slow. It seemed like the hold up wasn't the pouches as I feared but just, the trains? There was some screen the ops had to "clear" and it seemed to really hold things up. Im sure people here will know way more about it.

But yeah after that I took it easy. Got rides on most I wanted, took a long break and nap, came back like 8 PM to knock out Raptor, Blue Streak, Valravyn, MaxAir, Skyhawk then night ERT. I got 5 on SV and 3 on Maverick so hard to beat that. Was a helluva day and glad I had all yest to recoop because I needed it! Even with a 5 hour break. Some people I bumped into were there from morning ERT to close straight through. Amazing but, how!?

Disappointing TTD didn't open today. Surely over the next 3 days I'll be able to catch a ride.

First visit in 28 years today. Had a blast. SV at night for my first ride on it was great. Didn't believe the Maverick hype but loved it. Can't wait to get up in a few hours and do it again.

I saw a bunch of posts from Dragster last night. Apparently it opened about 5 minutes before close because Cedar Point is about that life (it also opened for a brief period in the morning).

Yep. Saw it switch on with about 5 min left. Unfortunately I was 30 min deep in the SV line at that point. Oh well. Maybe today.

Some people I bumped into were there from morning ERT to close straight through. Amazing but, how!?

I agree. I give those folks A LOT of credit.

You don't really think about it but Cedar Point is actually pretty huge! Doing a lap around the park is quite a trek, or trying to hustle over to Millenium Force from SteeVe for a last minute ride is not for the faint of heart! And I'm in pretty good shape!

It's a big reason why a trip to Cedar Point for me just automatically assumes a Breakers reservation for a 1 or 2 night stay. It's just so worth it to have a place for me and my buddies/family to chill for an hour or two whenever you need to, even if it's at different times of the day.

Some people I bumped into were there from morning ERT to close straight through. Amazing but, how!?

I agree. I give those folks A LOT of credit.

You don't really think about it but Cedar Point is actually pretty huge! Doing a lap around the park is quite a trek, or trying to hustle over to Millenium Force from SteeVe for a last minute ride is not for the faint of heart! And I'm in pretty good shape!

It's a big reason why a trip to Cedar Point for me just automatically assumes a Breakers reservation for a 1 or 2 night stay. It's just so worth it to have a place for me and my buddies/family to chill for an hour or two whenever you need to, even if it's at different times of the day.

Well one way is to be a teenager with unlimited energy or be the parent of said teenager who looks at you like you have suggested they poke their own eyes out at the mere suggestion of a break CP is good because of the on site hotel and I can just leave him, take a break and meet up later; but that isn't the case at every park. A few weeks ago at Coasterstock at KI we were at the park for 16 hours straight. Two days in a row. Not. Lying. I literally laid down on the ground by a wall, like a homeless person, to rest at one point.

Got my first TTD ride this morning. Awesome. Still having an absolute blast. Crowd seems manageable today so far. Overcast and rain coming. We'll enjoy what we can till it shows up.