TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

I don't know if I should say this or not but my friends had put all those stickers for me because they know that I'll be at Cedar Point in August!

I've heard that there's one on Millennium Force's blue train between the front seats!!!

Wow you guys are just soooo cool. btw Fun fact: Managers at Amusement Parks read sites like this so way to go. As for Maverick being officially open: YAY!!!

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

OK these are freaking cool. https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/

Made it out to Cedar Point this past weekend, October 17th-18th with my mom and dad to visit my sister working at the park. My sister works at Dorney, but since they closed early, a bunch of full time

Posted Images

Someone on CoasterForce who was one of the Red Cross riders says that Maverick is an excellent ride, filled with airtime and its even his new number 1 coaster.

No word on the tunnel yet, but the blog says that supposedly the first drop is the best part, and like I was expecting, there is crazy airtime in the back row. Also, supposedly there is even airtime in the S Bend.

And here is a kinda sucky Maverick operational pic

EDIT: I just got a shot of Maverick cresting the lift hill. Don't think we have that one yet

1250521118_maverick1.jpg.2783f81138ea15d304d497e53210717b.jpg

1365947601_maverick2.jpg.023a0b75626f0e149aa6af82f5e34cbd.jpg

By the looks of this picture, the ride-ops are moving pretty fast, there is one on the overbank over the tunnel and one on the main hill. But then again, they only have to check 12 seats.

^ In that link you posted, he said that a train got stuck in the launch tunnel, resulting in a lift hill rollback as well. Looks like they have some bugs to work out, or human error to fix, unless it was caused by the rain. I guess they will still run this ride when it's pouring, because apparently they were today.

^ In that link you posted, he said that a train got stuck in the launch tunnel, resulting in a lift hill rollback as well. Looks like they have some bugs to work out, or human error to fix, unless it was caused by the rain. I guess they will still run this ride when it's pouring, because apparently they were today.

When he said that, I thought that it was something done on purpose to prevent the train coming up the lift from crashing into the train stuck in the launch tunnel, since they probably don't have enough blocks for any trains to be waiting in the launch tunnel for a train in front of them, and waiting on the brake run in the middle of the ride like that would sorta ruin it.

When he said that, I thought that it was something done on purpose to prevent the train coming up the lift from crashing into the train stuck in the launch tunnel, since they probably don't have enough blocks for any trains to be waiting in the launch tunnel for a train in front of them, and waiting on the brake run in the middle of the ride like that would sorta ruin it.

I know it was on purpose, that's what I was saying.

Ah, I see. You were talking about the launch tunnel itself being the problem, not the rollback it caused being the problem

Just for the heck of it, heres another shot of Maverick I took...

EDIT: Just took another shot, looks like operations are slowing down

EDIT 2: More Maverick impressions here. The line was already over 4 HOURS LONG AT 9:30 AM

2008918422_Maverick4.jpg.8f4575438b4ceb4ec61a4df1e31f2569.jpg

544088283_Maverick5.jpg.be293575ad4e6a92785cbdce9ff85e1b.jpg

According to the guy that rode it, there is dual loading just like TTD (what the two lines are for leading up to the station...I was right ). Two trains load and go out to the pre-launch. When the first one gets past the tunnel, I'm assuming, the second one will launch.

Should be soon, they said they would release a PointCast showcasing the ride in the next week or so.

Don't know if anyone will get an unofficial POV before then though. How strict are they about taking cameras on rides?

4-5 hour wait just at 9:30, It has to be even more now since the park opened at 10.

I'm not saying you are wrong or anything, but, how do you know this? Or are you just speculating?

Three injured in Cedar Point roller coaster accident

12:09 PM, May 27, 2007

Cedar Point officials say one of the coaster's trains was ending its ride, when it rolled into a stopped train at the loading station. Three people were taken to the first aid center. Two were treated and released. The third passenger was transported to an area hospital for an asthma condition. The Magnum was back open as of Sunday. In Dayton, Ohio, another three people were injured on a kids' ride at RiverBlast. Witnesses say the ride jolted forward as children were exiting, dragging some along in a circle until the ride was shut off. A 6-year-old girl and a 10-year-old girl were taken by ambulance to Children's Medical Center of Dayton, where they were treated for cuts and abrasions. Another 1-year-old was brought to the hospital by a parent.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.a ... ryid=68510

Not good news.

Edited by larrygator

I caught this cool shot of Maverick flying into it's brake run. Watching the webcams is really sad and pathetic, but fun

EDIT: Wow, there are actually some people riding Snake River Falls

EDIT 2: Cool shot of Maverick on the 95 degree drop

953991876_MaverickX.jpg.96e080c14b36b278028bf73309b19a09.jpg

OMG.jpg.04289ae85e75b765768189938dcddd6e.jpg

See? Crazy people on a water ride!

454475631_MaverickX2!!1111!!!.jpg.41f62e31056f614a6f0d62d986b557ea.jpg