TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I could care less what it's called, I just can't wait to ride it! It could be called D--- the Ride for all I care...lol

I just want to hear the announcement so this thread can simmer down!

This is a transcript of the best of those skits...too funny!

Capture.JPG.45301afaac412c6705f487488de1f977.JPG

...At least Cedar Fair doesn't have a Goliath in every other park.

Vortex, Flight Deck, _hawk ring a ball?

Deciding to name a floaty B&M hyper "Intimidator" because they already had the trademark for the giga?

Yes, it r1ngs a bell. And thank you so much for that. However, I think it's pretty safe to say Six Flags names are a bit more redundant than Cedar Fair. I'll take Rail Blazer over the same comic book names strewn about every park.

True but let's not act like Cedar Fair isn't a culprit of it at all.

He wasn't acting like that. You knew exactly what he meant.

You and Westcoasterking should do the world a favor and post less. While I cant speak for everyone, I assume the average TPR reader isn't here to view the trolling.

I'm reserving judgment on the name Railblazer until I see a layout (if it's used at all). And if, as some have worried, there will be too negative a response due to the St. Louis incident, Cedar Fair can always pull a Mantis.

As for the recycling of names, as much as I hate it from a creative standpoint, it makes sense from a business standpoint. Many, if not most, GP won't notice or care. Only one name needs to be trademarked. The ride logos and merch can also be cloned with only subtle differences (such as location of the particular Goliath).

I doubt almost anyone would be up in arms about an incident that occured over 30 years ago 500 miles away. As an enthusiast for the past 18 years even I have never heard of that incident until now. That is not to say they will go with the name Railblazer, but I don't think that accident will be a factor.

I doubt almost anyone would be up in arms about an incident that occured over 30 years ago 500 miles away. As an enthusiast for the past 18 years even I have never heard of that incident until now. That is not to say they will go with the name Railblazer, but I don't think that accident will be a factor.

To be honest, I'm kind of thinking the same thing. As far as someone from the East Coast goes, I had heard about the incident in passing, but I couldn't remember the name. I doubt it has any bearing at all on this outside of a small, select group of people that might possibly remember it. (And/or if a news station decides to use some more gotcha scare tactics.)

Not sure why everyone is just assuming Railblazer is for Cedar Point. Sure, it makes sense to jump to Cedar Point when Cedar Fair files a trademark, especially when they’re building an awesome new ride, but I’m pretty positive it’s not for CP. Like 99.9% positive. The evidence is out there, if you’re willing to look for it.

We got some new track on the lift finally! Hoping they stick to this section and finish this lift hill, I can't wait to see the fully realized size of this thing

I'm thrilled to see this first hill starting to come together. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun to watch.

You and Westcoasterking should do the world a favor and post less.

Who's the new guy? I like him.

The webcam is swaying. The webcam is on top of Power Tower and it sways slightly from the ride movement of Power Tower and from the wind. It's not an overly windy day but it's windy enough to sway the webcam. The more zoomed in it is, the more noticeable the sway.

I've got a question for the know-everything, die-hard CP/CF fan! (I was one years ago)

I'm going out to California with a few of my family. We are going to Knott's for a day. (I'm the only one with a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass.) My aunt, her husband and 3 teenage boys are moving to Toledo in a few weeks, but may not make it to Cedar Point until 2018. Is there any deal they can get by getting a Cedar Fair pass while we are at Knott's... even if they don't go to Cedar Point this year?

Perhaps I'm not wording that the best. Can they get a 2018 CF pass at Knott's in July? Would that benefit them to do that if they plan to go to Cedar Point next year? Would me having a Cedar Fair platinum pass give them any benefits to buying a one-day Knott's ticket, if they end up doing that? I haven't been able to find the correct answers between the sites.

For some reason, I think I got my 2017 Cedar Fair pass at CP last August. It was good in 2016 for one free day, and then 1/2 price for my other visits (I went for a total of 3 days).

IF 2018 passes are available for purchase before their move it SHOULD be valid at Point in 2018 as long as it's a Platinum Pass. But the best thing would be to contact CP and make sure. However, renewing may be tricky for 2019, they may have to renew on Knott's site. My friend who lived in Cleveland bought a Platinum Pass one season at Carowinds when we traveled there before Point opened. He then had to renew on Carowinds site the next year, not sure if that quirk in the system has been changed.

^It's all a bit confusing for me; they are not looking into 2019 passes at this point.

You're right, best bet is to contact the park. We'll probably just walk up to season pass sales at Knott's and do that in person.

I've got a question for the know-everything, die-hard CP/CF fan! (I was one years ago)

I'm going out to California with a few of my family. We are going to Knott's for a day. (I'm the only one with a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass.) My aunt, her husband and 3 teenage boys are moving to Toledo in a few weeks, but may not make it to Cedar Point until 2018. Is there any deal they can get by getting a Cedar Fair pass while we are at Knott's... even if they don't go to Cedar Point this year?

Perhaps I'm not wording that the best. Can they get a 2018 CF pass at Knott's in July? Would that benefit them to do that if they plan to go to Cedar Point next year? Would me having a Cedar Fair platinum pass give them any benefits to buying a one-day Knott's ticket, if they end up doing that? I haven't been able to find the correct answers between the sites.

For some reason, I think I got my 2017 Cedar Fair pass at CP last August. It was good in 2016 for one free day, and then 1/2 price for my other visits (I went for a total of 3 days).

Season Pass sales for 2018 have not yet started. All the passes, including platinum, on KBF online are good until December 31, 2017. They aren't good for one year from the date of purchase like some other parks. I don't believe the passes for 2018 go on sale until mid-late August at the earliest around announcement season.

if you buy a 2018 pass at Knott's, it usually has included one free day of the current year. so, you'd get one day in 2017. but i don't think they go on sale for a while. maybe late august? i'm pretty sure you still get that free day if you buy a platinum pass.

Some new pictures from Only_Coasters on Instagram:

712MS1.thumb.jpg.922f5dd4486eacb648c985407cb78d83.jpg

Double Up track is complete. Lift hill extension bents are sitting to the right, waiting for assembly.

712MS2.thumb.jpg.88ca14d043dfd168ea34c25f4d7e089e.jpg

Ledgers are erected past the Zero-G roll inside the structure (third inversion). This is right by the old entrance under the first two inversions.

712MS3.thumb.jpg.4268aa9b7ed865b218c368624900c84c.jpg

Current state of lift hill track, about to span the under-lift dive. You can see catwalk in the bottom right.