TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

In the Panda Express topic the one at cedar point is normally pretty good. We have one in a town close to where I live and that one is always so much worse than the CP one. Although it should also be noted I'm not really a big chinese person and we haven't had it the last few times we went.

For park food I'm always a sucker for any place that has Panda Express lol. Sooo gooood!!

Call it fake Chinese all you want, Panda Express is my kryptonite.

Let's be honest, all Americanized Chinese is fake Chinese. Saying Panda Express isn't actually Chinese food is like someone getting mad because there isn't any "real Velveeta" in a queso dip.

Not to say I don't eat Panda Express or American Chinese food, but if we're gonna call a spade a spade, then let's do so properly.

The people who complain about someone calling Panda Express "Chinese Food" are the same people who cry about someone referring to a Larson Loop as a "Roller Coaster."

I'd give you crap about not calling it a "Ring of Fire". . but that would be if the conversation about Thai food.

(it's always so yummy going IN, and burns so bad going out).

a Few things a few of the pictures seem like the last weekend the park was open.

Also has anyone ate at Bay Harbor? Is it any good.

Also what about Tomo Hibachi?

Sandusky's choices for quality cuisine are pretty limited and Bar Harbor is not great shakes, but hey, Bar Harbor is open year round. You can go tonight if you want. Tomo Hibachi I can't speak for.

a Few things a few of the pictures seem like the last weekend the park was open.

Bay harbor inn is very nice. You may as well plan on spending $30-50 per person depending on what you order. I got the steak last time and it was great! It also has great views of the cedarpoint marina.

Tomo hibachi is a place that I have not personally been to, but I hear that it is ok. I've walked by it a few times, and it looks like your run of the mill hibachi restaurant.

Bay harbor inn is very nice. You may as well plan on spending $30-50 per person depending on what you order. I got the steak last time and it was great! It also has great views of the cedarpoint marina.

Steak and Roller Coasters. hmmmm. Not a bad choice.

I can't believe that I have never been to the Bay Harbor Inn for as many times that I have been to CP over the years - probably because it's sort of "hidden" to folks that normally don't pay attention to the marina side when in the park. I guess it's just that we just never tied "fine dining" and Cedar Point together in one visit.

I'll be most curious to see how Melt fares this year. I love the funkiness of their sandwiches, but after visiting a 2nd time in October, it seemed like the Texas Toast-style bread that they use is just a bit too much for me. Don't get me wrong, it's still tasty...but I think that the next time that I visit a Melt that I may just remove one of the slices of bread and eat it with a knife and fork...or just go with a half sandwich.

As far as The Thirsty Pony goes, I agree that it's a bit ghetto. I think it's likely due to the clientele at the shi%ty hotel and sorry excuse for an indoor water park that's connected to it. We stayed there once...never again.

I think the thirsty pony has some of the better food in the area....not to mention a decent beer selection.

As far as it being ghetto, I'm not sure what the hotel and waterpark have to do with the restaurant. It has its own theme, but not ghetto by any means. And who doesn't get a kick out of the bathroom decor in the men's room...lol

20160722_231953.thumb.jpg.4cac15b4e5520dc720c803c29b1a5ecd.jpg