TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out this amazing photo compliments of Dave Morgan!! 

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

Posted Images

I just found additional history on the ride for anyone interested:

http://www.ohio.com/news/local-history-akron-s-ride-of-the-future-arrives-in-1957-1.121791#.VsrXviSxhZs.facebook

I was not aware that it could run at speeds of 60mph! It appears that Cedar Point wanted the company who built it to fund expanding it, so that it would travel the entire park, but they didn't want to fund it and Cedar Point ended up scrapping it. Sad to see so many interesting rides die out so quickly.

Cedar Point lost the bet!

I fully expect something along the lines of Top Thrill Cubster or Cubbie Force.

Cedar Point ‏@cedarpoint 4h4 hours ago

Making good on our wager with @SFGreat_America. And in May, #TopThrillDragster will be renamed "Top Thrill Cubster".

LOL that video was funny as hell! Awesome that the parks are doing this, I love it!

Oh, and as for which ride will be renamed...

Also note that about 40 or so seconds into the video, the camera starts to pan on the former Mean Streak, only to be shunned away with a finger wag. Jesus, Tony is just having fun with us now.

We leave this thread alone for 5 god damn minutes and you're talking about politics? I'm starting to think my sarcastic idea would actually be an improvement upon whatever this thread would turn into otherwise, so anyway...

#ThrowbackThursday to when Sky Ride had the old 2 passenger cabins, a ticket booth and apparently a totem pole.

Cedar-Point-PC-1965.jpg

Oh and they had a wooden wild mouse called "Scamper"? Who knew. I wonder why it was such a short lived attraction.

first to say bring back the totem pole

Alright, here's my idea. Cedar Point builds 2 huge parking garages at the back of the parking lot with sky rides that take visitors to the park's front entrance. Cedar Point can then expand out into the parking lot so we can't talk about them being out of room and we get 2 new sky rides! (I figure on slower days the park might be able to just run one.)

For those who were wondering about it, earlier....

Rooms are now available, at The Breakers Hotel at CP. And probably CP's other properties, too.

(And I got me a room, WOO HOO! And it is true, it's very high co$t-wi$e.)

cedarpoint-allseasonbottle-2699_ticketslider4.jpg.c465000cbae5d5fb1d3691674871c214.jpg

And THIS will be available for all those visits to CP.

For those who were wondering about it, earlier....

Rooms are now available, at The Breakers Hotel at CP. And probably CP's other properties, too.

(And I got me a room, WOO HOO! And it is true, it's very high co$t-wi$e.)

I may be reading too far into this but don't they usually put whatever is new for whatever year on the cup online. One would think they would have already put CP shores on the cup if that's all they're getting.

^ This looks like a general advertisement for the cup, without more details on it.

I'm sure CP will be on the cup somewhere, by the time the new season starts up.

Of course it might also be generic, with just the Cedar Fair logo on it, too.