TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Some part of me says they are going to tear the entire coaster down, and add a new ride along with a hotel or something similar and create a new entrance gate for the back of the park. Think there are 3 more towards the front and none in the back of the park.

Friday nights during Halloweekends can be dead. so you should be good. Early ride time if you do it right you can get three rides in with little waits I would do Maverick then hit mf then go stand in line for ttd to open.

As for Mean Streak I feel that with the Hunted house in the infield of the roller coaster. trying to removed the ride would be a lot more work then say when they removed DT.

Friday nights during Halloweekends can be dead. so you should be good. Early ride time if you do it right you can get three rides in with little waits I would do Maverick then hit mf then go stand in line for ttd to open and wait for the front even though it will have a long line because it'll change your god damn life

Fixed

Friday nights during Halloweekends can be dead. so you should be good. Early ride time if you do it right you can get three rides in with little waits I would do Maverick then hit mf then go stand in line for ttd to open and wait for the front even though it will have a long line because it'll change your god damn life

Fixed

WHAT HE SAID

Fixed

I can vouch for this. Worth it, especially at night.

Also, wait for the front of TTD. Because it's amazing and everyone should do it once.

Fixed.

Top Thrill Dragster is a great ride in any seat, but it is truly astounding in the front. It is absolutely worth the additional wait. As Bill mentioned, it'll change your life.

Whoops... Apparently I skimmed Bill's edit a little too quickly and didn't notice he already mentioned that the front seat is life changing. Lol but yeah, what everyone else said. As long as you have time. And if you have 2 1/2 days, you have time.

First off, full disclosure, I'm not the biggest fan of TTD. I mean, I like it, and it's a blast! But it hasn't changed my life, even in the front.

Having said that, I definitely recommend trying to get in the front row at least once, and preferably, as often as possible! My suggestion would be to get on TTD as quickly as possible, if the line is long. If you're waiting in a line over 30 minutes to get to the station, you should just get on that thing, because it could break down at any time. If you've waited less than 30 minutes when you reach the station, you should go ahead and get in that front line though, as the bonus of an actual short wait for TTD allows for that extra front wait to be more like a "normal" wait!

Friday nights during Halloweekends can be dead. so you should be good. Early ride time if you do it right you can get three rides in with little waits I would do Maverick then hit mf then go stand in line for ttd to open.

What would be a good time to get Fast Lane, since CP does not begin selling them until the park opens?

They sell them

During early entry. You just can't use them until opening. When I was there a couple weeks ago, people were lining up at Valravn at 9:45 to go in the FL+ line when it opened at 10.

Also, wait for the front of TTD. Because it's amazing and everyone should do it once.

Fixed.

Top Thrill Dragster is a great ride in any seat, but it is truly astounding in the front. It is absolutely worth the additional wait. As Bill mentioned, it'll change your life.

By waiting for the front, about how much longer of a wait does it typically add?

Fixed.

By waiting for the front, about how much longer of a wait does it typically add?

20-30 minutes if they're keeping the station quiet, could be 45-60 potentially but I haven't experienced it myself. Unless you're seriously strapped for time it's always worth it. One ride in the front is better than two rides anywhere else, so really it's a no-brained unless you're trying to get in line for Millennium at closing in which case do that instead.

I must state again, however, from much personal experience at the park, that you are always running a great risk, the longer you wait in line for TTD. It breaks down frequently, and that is not an exaggerative statement. My four visits to the park this year, it has been down more than it has been up, easily.

If you haven't ridden it yet, definitely just get on the coaster, and get one lap under your belt, assuming it's more than a half hour wait to the station (if it's not, give the front line a try.) Then, you can always wait for the front your second lap on the coaster, even if it's a long wait to the station. Front seat rides on these type of coasters are definitely where it's at, much like everybody else has said! However, if you make it to the station, and then wait in a 30-45 minute line for the front, and the coaster breaks down during that extra time, you're going to feel very frustrated, and wish you had just gotten on when you first had the chance. Believe me, from years of personal experience, and the experience of watching others there... TTD can be one of the most frustration-causing coasters you'll ever encounter, and doing everything you can to mitigate that frustration, will make for a much more enjoyable day at CP!

If you haven't ridden it yet, definitely just get on the coaster, and get one lap under your belt, assuming it's more than a half hour wait to the station (if it's not, give the front line a try.)

Honestly this isn't a bad suggestion either but come back and wait for the front later. Riding in any other row gets you the credit and means you technically rode the coaster but you didn't really experience Dragster without sitting in the front row. I can't even put the difference between row 1 and any other row into words. The line will be much longer for row one but there's a reason for that. There's a reason people are willing to wait an extra 30 to 60 minutes for row 1.

Oh and pro tip... go to the front (left) station when you wait for the front. You get a great view of the ride and a nice breeze which makes the queue experience much less boring and much more comfortable.

100% agree with the advice about just getting on TTD and then waiting for the front the next time. At the entrance to all queues and stations at parks I'm not familiar with, I ask the attendant about how long the ride wait is for suchandsuch row. They're always quite helpful and accurate. Some lines will appear quite long when they're really not, and vice versa. Have a blast and FunPix is awesome!

If you haven't ridden it yet, definitely just get on the coaster, and get one lap under your belt, assuming it's more than a half hour wait to the station (if it's not, give the front line a try.)

Oh and pro tip... go to the front (left) station when you wait for the front. You get a great view of the ride and a nice breeze which makes the queue experience much less boring and much more comfortable.

I'm not sure if I have ever gone left....I love going to the right so I can watch the train ahead of me launch! Such a cool view.

Mayflies have been over since late June/ Early July. Muffle heads (smaller/ messier )are the ones that have swarms throughout the summer season typically ending around late September when temperatures drop.

Thanks! I can't really remember having issues with them in the past, but I haven't gone later in the season before. Really excited to try out Maverick with the new restraints even though I never had a problem with the ride. I've been using coasterbill's "front seat and lean forward" method since 2007. I really think the front is better than the back! Mantis -> Rougarou is a welcome change, and I'm happy to hear that it isn't drawing in too long of a line.

I'm doing three days at the park, so I'm interested to see what little things I'll see differently or try at the park. Never been to the waterpark, but I'll check it out since we have Soak City free with the tickets. Never done the rapids ride as well, so I'll hit up all the water rides before the waterpark. ...which is really just the rapids and shoot the shoot, haha. I hope they invest in a traditional log flume sooner than later.