TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Get Fast Lane Plus and you should be fine.

Screw that, those are for peasants. Gold VIP Tour is the only way to fly in style. They are only $450 per person per day.

Shhhhhh, don't say "VIP Tour" . . . You'll awaken them.

I really don't understand :/

Apparently I am the only person on here that does VIP Tours at theme parks. When I posted about my first tour, and suggested others take VIP Tours a bunch of people got butt hurt because apparently "not everyone can afford a VIP Tour." So now I just refrain from talking about them.

Sent from my cellular wireless device.

I hate people If you like them, DO THEM! Who cares what they think about it. I really don't get some people. Just because you can't afford it doesn't mean other people aren't allowed. I'd LOVE to see you take a tour and then post some pics.

Edited by tykunkel1031

That makes sense because of how much there is to do. However, I am going in late September for three days (September 23-25) and I don't think my family needs/can afford a VIP tour. Cedar Point will be open a total of 34 hours the Fri, Sat, and Sun when we go. Is that enough time to ride everything? We are planning on getting FL+ on Saturday or Sunday.

One more question, does anyone have experience with FunPix and is it a good investment for a once-in-a-childhood trip?

You should have plenty of time to do everything with FL+!! We had FunPix at both Kings Island and Cedar Point this weekend and it was well worth it. However, only buy one for your entire party. You don't need one for each person.

I have people If you like them, DO THEM! Who cares what they think about it. I really don't get some people. Just because you can't afford it doesn't mean other people aren't allowed. I'd LOVE to see you take a tour and then post some pics.

I have photos from our visit this weekend that I'll be uploading this week!

One more question, does anyone have experience with FunPix and is it a good investment for a once-in-a-childhood trip?

That I have some insight on. I bought funpix season passes at both KI & CP this year ($80 total) and had never bought a on ride photo in the past.

The digital photo you receive is only 300dpi so great for online sharing but not great for printing, but it does allow you to order the better quality prints you want from your account later. Buying a print right in the park is a hassle, have fun protecting it unless you buy a $20 locker for it.

With the pass you can add unlimited photos to it, so if your family sticks together you only need one. Technically you could creep out and add some random hot chick that was on your train.

The on ride photos come with the overlay, which I personally do not like, but there is no option skip it.

If you buy it, set up the account on your phone and then check it a half hour later or so and make sure everthing is working correctly. I had problems with mine and had to get a supervisor to pound keys for 10 minutes to get it working.

The CP and KI apps require GPS to run constantly on IOS and it will kill your battery fast. Use it but make sure your force quit it and disable location services right after. No experience with Android version. Ride times and listed closures are rarely accurate.

I have never bought a fast lane or VIP tour but if i only could go once I would if I could afford it. (I can't)

Technically you could creep out and add some random hot chick that was on your train.

hahaha...couple years ago on my trip to CP and KI, i'd buy the day photo pass that was available. rides where they showed more than the two of us, i'd often ask the other people if they wanted the pic and i'd send it to them through email. i actually just realized last week i had one with chuck during banshee bash.

i hope they make the fun pix company wide next year. i'm a fan of on ride pics, just not paying an outrageous amount and the deals cedar fair and six flags are doing now are great.

Some part of me says they are going to tear the entire coaster down, and add a new ride along with a hotel or something similar and create a new entrance gate for the back of the park. Think there are 3 more towards the front and none in the back of the park.

Friday nights during Halloweekends can be dead. so you should be good. Early ride time if you do it right you can get three rides in with little waits I would do Maverick then hit mf then go stand in line for ttd to open.

As for Mean Streak I feel that with the Hunted house in the infield of the roller coaster. trying to removed the ride would be a lot more work then say when they removed DT.

Friday nights during Halloweekends can be dead. so you should be good. Early ride time if you do it right you can get three rides in with little waits I would do Maverick then hit mf then go stand in line for ttd to open and wait for the front even though it will have a long line because it'll change your god damn life

Fixed

Friday nights during Halloweekends can be dead. so you should be good. Early ride time if you do it right you can get three rides in with little waits I would do Maverick then hit mf then go stand in line for ttd to open and wait for the front even though it will have a long line because it'll change your god damn life

Fixed

WHAT HE SAID

Fixed

I can vouch for this. Worth it, especially at night.

Also, wait for the front of TTD. Because it's amazing and everyone should do it once.

Fixed.

Top Thrill Dragster is a great ride in any seat, but it is truly astounding in the front. It is absolutely worth the additional wait. As Bill mentioned, it'll change your life.

Whoops... Apparently I skimmed Bill's edit a little too quickly and didn't notice he already mentioned that the front seat is life changing. Lol but yeah, what everyone else said. As long as you have time. And if you have 2 1/2 days, you have time.

First off, full disclosure, I'm not the biggest fan of TTD. I mean, I like it, and it's a blast! But it hasn't changed my life, even in the front.

Having said that, I definitely recommend trying to get in the front row at least once, and preferably, as often as possible! My suggestion would be to get on TTD as quickly as possible, if the line is long. If you're waiting in a line over 30 minutes to get to the station, you should just get on that thing, because it could break down at any time. If you've waited less than 30 minutes when you reach the station, you should go ahead and get in that front line though, as the bonus of an actual short wait for TTD allows for that extra front wait to be more like a "normal" wait!

Friday nights during Halloweekends can be dead. so you should be good. Early ride time if you do it right you can get three rides in with little waits I would do Maverick then hit mf then go stand in line for ttd to open.

What would be a good time to get Fast Lane, since CP does not begin selling them until the park opens?

They sell them

During early entry. You just can't use them until opening. When I was there a couple weeks ago, people were lining up at Valravn at 9:45 to go in the FL+ line when it opened at 10.

Also, wait for the front of TTD. Because it's amazing and everyone should do it once.

Fixed.

Top Thrill Dragster is a great ride in any seat, but it is truly astounding in the front. It is absolutely worth the additional wait. As Bill mentioned, it'll change your life.

By waiting for the front, about how much longer of a wait does it typically add?

Fixed.

By waiting for the front, about how much longer of a wait does it typically add?

20-30 minutes if they're keeping the station quiet, could be 45-60 potentially but I haven't experienced it myself. Unless you're seriously strapped for time it's always worth it. One ride in the front is better than two rides anywhere else, so really it's a no-brained unless you're trying to get in line for Millennium at closing in which case do that instead.

I must state again, however, from much personal experience at the park, that you are always running a great risk, the longer you wait in line for TTD. It breaks down frequently, and that is not an exaggerative statement. My four visits to the park this year, it has been down more than it has been up, easily.

If you haven't ridden it yet, definitely just get on the coaster, and get one lap under your belt, assuming it's more than a half hour wait to the station (if it's not, give the front line a try.) Then, you can always wait for the front your second lap on the coaster, even if it's a long wait to the station. Front seat rides on these type of coasters are definitely where it's at, much like everybody else has said! However, if you make it to the station, and then wait in a 30-45 minute line for the front, and the coaster breaks down during that extra time, you're going to feel very frustrated, and wish you had just gotten on when you first had the chance. Believe me, from years of personal experience, and the experience of watching others there... TTD can be one of the most frustration-causing coasters you'll ever encounter, and doing everything you can to mitigate that frustration, will make for a much more enjoyable day at CP!

If you haven't ridden it yet, definitely just get on the coaster, and get one lap under your belt, assuming it's more than a half hour wait to the station (if it's not, give the front line a try.)

Honestly this isn't a bad suggestion either but come back and wait for the front later. Riding in any other row gets you the credit and means you technically rode the coaster but you didn't really experience Dragster without sitting in the front row. I can't even put the difference between row 1 and any other row into words. The line will be much longer for row one but there's a reason for that. There's a reason people are willing to wait an extra 30 to 60 minutes for row 1.

Oh and pro tip... go to the front (left) station when you wait for the front. You get a great view of the ride and a nice breeze which makes the queue experience much less boring and much more comfortable.

100% agree with the advice about just getting on TTD and then waiting for the front the next time. At the entrance to all queues and stations at parks I'm not familiar with, I ask the attendant about how long the ride wait is for suchandsuch row. They're always quite helpful and accurate. Some lines will appear quite long when they're really not, and vice versa. Have a blast and FunPix is awesome!