TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 2037: Siren’s Curse tilt coaster announced for 2025!

So, I am currently doing preliminary planning for my first trip to the Point in 13 years (when TTD was brand new). I plan on staying at Breakers Express, to get the benefits of staying on property while saving some money. I will also be leaving money aside for at least one day of FP and one day of FP+, as my only trip to CP was brutally crowded and was at a time where FP was not available. I want multiple rides on all the top 10 rides in the park, with at least 3-5 rides on the top 5 coasters in 2.5 days.

Currently, I am looking at one of the final weeks of May or the 2nd week of June, which will be the first week where the park stays open until 10pm. I will be arriving in the evening on Monday, and leaving Thursday morning. Now, the upside of the May visit would be less crowds, whereas the upside of the June visit would be 6 extra hours plus opportunity for night rides on MF. As of right now, I'm leaning towards the June visit as FP + early entry should give me enough chances to get on as many rides as I want.

Anyway, would like to hear some opinions to the following questions:

1) Would you pick May or June to visit the park?

2) Are there any eateries of remotely decent value at the park? And if we do decide to go off property to eat lunch/dinner, is the parking pass good all-day or would we have to pay for re-entry?

3) Should I purchase the flash passes ahead of time, or risk buying them on the spot? I am leaning towards waiting until I go since I will be going early in the season on weekdays, so I feel I should have no issue?

4) Do the flash pass lines merge in the station or in the queue? And what are the flash pass line lengths vs. The regular lines on a moderately busy day?

5) Are there any must-see shows at the park?

1. The last 4 years we have gone the first week in May, this year we are switching to June when the hours switch to 10 in stead of 8. The reason for this is we are bring a couple kids that need to finish school first.

2. We normally grab at least one meal at Pinks for some good dogs, other than that not a great selection of food places. We normally grab something once the park closes of the night. I wouldn't leave to go eat somewhere, that is going to take up a bunch of time that is better spent riding some coasters.

3. We stay on the Point at the hotels there and just get the FL+ when I book the hotel, no sense taking the chance of them selling out (I know they probably won't but driving from Minnesota I am not taking the chance).

4. FL lines. We always hit Millennium first thing and ride that as many times as we can before the park opens and don't ride it again till the next morning, the FL line is pretty crappy there and you can use your time on a ride with a great FL line to get in more rides. The coasters with good to great lines are Raptor, Maverick, Gatekeeper, Blue Streak, and hopefully Valravn. Rougarou has a decent FL line but the ride is such a head banger we normally only ride it once while there.

5..Have never seen a show while at the park, need more coasters rides so no time to sit and watch a show.

We are heading to the park on Friday afternoon to stay the night before the winter tour.

Any TPR members going to be in the area? Was thinking of a possible meeting at the thirsty pony(great food and many beers on tap) near the park for some cold beers and coaster talk.

Hit me up on here if interested.

So, I am currently doing preliminary planning for my first trip to the Point in 13 years (when TTD was brand new). I plan on staying at Breakers Express, to get the benefits of staying on property while saving some money. I will also be leaving money aside for at least one day of FP and one day of FP+, as my only trip to CP was brutally crowded and was at a time where FP was not available. I want multiple rides on all the top 10 rides in the park, with at least 3-5 rides on the top 5 coasters in 2.5 days.

Currently, I am looking at one of the final weeks of May or the 2nd week of June, which will be the first week where the park stays open until 10pm. I will be arriving in the evening on Monday, and leaving Thursday morning. Now, the upside of the May visit would be less crowds, whereas the upside of the June visit would be 6 extra hours plus opportunity for night rides on MF. As of right now, I'm leaning towards the June visit as FP + early entry should give me enough chances to get on as many rides as I want.

Anyway, would like to hear some opinions to the following questions:

1) Would you pick May or June to visit the park?

2) Are there any eateries of remotely decent value at the park? And if we do decide to go off property to eat lunch/dinner, is the parking pass good all-day or would we have to pay for re-entry?

3) Should I purchase the flash passes ahead of time, or risk buying them on the spot? I am leaning towards waiting until I go since I will be going early in the season on weekdays, so I feel I should have no issue?

4) Do the flash pass lines merge in the station or in the queue? And what are the flash pass line lengths vs. The regular lines on a moderately busy day?

5) Are there any must-see shows at the park?

1. The last 4 years we have gone the first week in May, this year we are switching to June when the hours switch to 10 in stead of 8. The reason for this is we are bring a couple kids that need to finish school first.

2. We normally grab at least one meal at Pinks for some good dogs, other than that not a great selection of food places. We normally grab something once the park closes of the night. I wouldn't leave to go eat somewhere, that is going to take up a bunch of time that is better spent riding some coasters.

3. We stay on the Point at the hotels there and just get the FL+ when I book the hotel, no sense taking the chance of them selling out (I know they probably won't but driving from Minnesota I am not taking the chance).

4. FL lines. We always hit Millennium first thing and ride that as many times as we can before the park opens and don't ride it again till the next morning, the FL line is pretty crappy there and you can use your time on a ride with a great FL line to get in more rides. The coasters with good to great lines are Raptor, Maverick, Gatekeeper, Blue Streak, and hopefully Valravn. Rougarou has a decent FL line but the ride is such a head banger we normally only ride it once while there.

5..Have never seen a show while at the park, need more coasters rides so no time to sit and watch a show.

Thanks so much for the advice, especially the part about which FL lines to use. 13 years ago MF was my favorite coaster at the park, but I can deal with spending more time at a ride like Maverick, which has had me salivating for 9 years.

Really looking forward to Maverick, revisiting MF after 13 years to see how it stacks up to the many elite coasters I have been on since, and also giving Raptor a 2nd chance since my lone ride on it was underwhelming. Viewing the POV's of it, there is no way it should be on the lower end of my favorite inverts list, so I am hoping it was just from a bad mood from waiting over an hour to ride it.

^Funny you mention that about Raptor. My first time to Cedar Point in 2013 (when I wasn't really an enthusiast, just it was just convenient to stop at the park) I waited over an hour for Raptor in the 90 degree heat only to have a major breakdown forcing us to leave the line.

My brother and I ended up referring to the ride as "Craptor" the rest of the day until we could snag a ride on it where it made us completely shut up and be a little more formal

Millennium the FL line merges at the bottom of the ramp leading to the station, very easy for that to be a 45 minute wait.

Gatekeeper has a decent merge spot, takes maybe 12-15 minutes even on a busy day.

Maverick you walk right up into the station, On a slow day you can easily get a ride on Maverick every 10 to 12 minutes.

Raptor you walk almost into the station, we got 3 rides last year in 17 minutes, that was a pretty fast turn around

I am hopeful the FL line on Valravn is similar to Gatekeeper letting you get some nice fast rides on it.

We have studied the FL lines and when to ride fairly extensively because we are only there once a year so want to make the most of each visit.

What the heck is that on top of the hill?

If you look in this picture Tweeted by Cedar Point you will see what looks like spools of cable. I'd assume it is cable for all of the electrical components on the lift, the brake before the holding brake, and the holding brake.

IMG_20160216_140953.thumb.jpg.671dde7c07e6efcfd030fb6305e88807.jpg

Okay, it's been a while since I've posted a line on this thread, so here . . .it . . .goes!

Shoot the Rapids - I only rode it once and although I thought the ride was decent, it didn't blow me away like I hoped.

Removal of Shoot the Rapids - No tears for me.

Possible replacements of Shoot the Rapids - I've got several ideas what can occupy that area. There was a flume ride from Six Flags America that was called "The Typhoon Sea Coaster" that had great elements, but the (color=black] insert your favorite cuss word here[/color]) park couldn't execute them properly. I'm sure that Cedar Fair will take what Six Flags America didn't do and make it ten time better! Another idea would be to make another flume ride attraction like Timber Mountain Log Ride at Knott's Berry Farm ( Those things are fun!!!). Or they could scrape the flume idea and make it a big dark ride attraction with a Frontier theme ( wasn't they thinking about putting in a dark ride attraction years ago?).

Valraun and Rougarou - Bring them on!!!

To beat the locker filter - Just write it as "Lock Her".

One final word from my pillow . . .

"Like it or not, I'M BAAAAAACK!!!"

Millennium the FL line merges at the bottom of the ramp leading to the station, very easy for that to be a 45 minute wait.

Gatekeeper has a decent merge spot, takes maybe 12-15 minutes even on a busy day.

Maverick you walk right up into the station, On a slow day you can easily get a ride on Maverick every 10 to 12 minutes.

Raptor you walk almost into the station, we got 3 rides last year in 17 minutes, that was a pretty fast turn around

I am hopeful the FL line on Valravn is similar to Gatekeeper letting you get some nice fast rides on it.

We have studied the FL lines and when to ride fairly extensively because we are only there once a year so want to make the most of each visit.

Once again, thanks for breaking it down, super helpful!!

One more question since you said you reserved your FP ahead of time...can you pick up the wristband itself a day or two in advance? I will be arriving Monday evening, spending few hours that night, then spending all day Tuesday and Wednesday. I will only fork over the FP money for only one of those two days, most likely. My question is can I pick up the wristband on Monday night for my visit on Tuesday/Wednesday? It wouldn't inconvenience me too badly if I can't, but it would save a bit of time. Also, where do I pick these wristbands up? Can I get one at the entrance by WT since that is where I'd go as a Breakers guest? And can I pick it up before I get in for early entry?

Thanks in advance.

One more question since you said you reserved your FP ahead of time...can you pick up the wristband itself a day or two in advance? I will be arriving Monday evening, spending few hours that night, then spending all day Tuesday and Wednesday. I will only fork over the FP money for only one of those two days, most likely. My question is can I pick up the wristband on Monday night for my visit on Tuesday/Wednesday? It wouldn't inconvenience me too badly if I can't, but it would save a bit of time. Also, where do I pick these wristbands up? Can I get one at the entrance by WT since that is where I'd go as a Breakers guest? And can I pick it up before I get in for early entry?

Thanks in advance.

You know I am really not sure. One year we got them at the gate just by showing them the tickets for the purchase, I think another year the hotel had them and we got them handed out when we checked in. and kept the second days FL pass in the safe. Either way you can get the FL bands at the gate when you walk in for early ride time, just don't try to use the FL before the park opens, they kind of laugh a little bit at you. We did get the bands by Wicked Twister two years ago, last year was at the hotel (I think we got them at the hotel because with the hotel stay we got a FL + thrown in, guessing that was the reason to get them at the front desk last year).

What the heck is that on top of the hill?

Looks like they are doing some smaller scale installation work, like sensors and cameras and lighting.

Makes sense. You would think they would wait for it to be a little warmer outside to do this since it really won't be needed for a little while. These guys are animals though! I have a feeling the rest of the track will go up pretty fast since all the supports are practically laid out.

^^ not surprising, from here on out everything is relatively close to the ground, I sure we will see it go up relatively quickly... Not Furys sweeping section fast, but faster than what we have seen

I hope they keep up the progress, I read some where they want to open the ride by May 7th. I have plans on visiting in May and I hope that things are done and in place when I get there!

Thanks in advance.

Maybe someone here does know all the specifics, but the surest way to get the right answers about specific policy questions is to ask the horse's mouth. If the customer service jobs get outsourced to the coaster community, where will our younger members aspire to work in the future?

Thanks in advance.

You know I am really not sure. One year we got them at the gate just by showing them the tickets for the purchase, I think another year the hotel had them and we got them handed out when we checked in. and kept the second days FL pass in the safe. Either way you can get the FL bands at the gate when you walk in for early ride time, just don't try to use the FL before the park opens, they kind of laugh a little bit at you. We did get the bands by Wicked Twister two years ago, last year was at the hotel (I think we got them at the hotel because with the hotel stay we got a FL + thrown in, guessing that was the reason to get them at the front desk last year).

The ramp only takes 15 minutes, if the entire fastlane queue is full all the way to the entrance than it will take 45 minutes.

As for getting fastlane, I doubt they'd give them a day early. I know fast passes are sold in a couple spots around the entrance by magnum but they aren't always open right at park opening

Thanks in advance.

FastLane can only be redeemed the day you're visiting, and easiest to try and retrieve them at the booth near the front of the park, but can be retrieved from any merch stand that sells FastLane. If the stand near WT is open, then you should be able to retrieve them there, but if you're a Breakers guest, you'll have to go up front as they'll more than likely not be open when early entry begins.

Sorry for the off-topic question, but for trip-planning purposes, can you visit Kings Island and Cedar Point (or any two CF parks for that matter) in the same day with a Platinum pass? I couldn't find anything about it on the site. I want to say the answer is no (one admission/day) but confirmation would be good.

Sorry for the off-topic question, but for trip-planning purposes, can you visit Kings Island and Cedar Point (or any two CF parks for that matter) in the same day with a Platinum pass? I couldn't find anything about it on the site. I want to say the answer is no (one admission/day) but confirmation would be good.

I mean, you could, assuming it works the same as an associate ID. It's not like you should do that though, take your time.