TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

*pretends to be surprised

Even though it's the leaked layout, I said it once and I'll at it again; That's a good layout. The first half is admittedly uninspired but the second half looks so great it makes up for it. Congrats CP, I think you have a huge winner your hands. The GP will eat it up and is going to be great. You'll see!

So I am going to be the first to say it, (and I know you all will probably freak out because I am saying it, and then complain because I am saying something that is not "positive" about the coaster) . . . But I am really sad to see that this coaster is getting the new vest harnesses. For me, and maybe it is just because I am so tall, but the vest harnesses dig into my collarbone, and kill any airtime there would be on the coaster. I would much rather have seen a 10 across train with the old school harnesses. . . However, this is just my opinion.

Regardless of the harness type this coaster will still be a huge hit... I'll still ride it, and I'll still enjoy it.

-- Also, I think the colors look great, and I love the new walkway to Blue Streak. Maybe it will keep that area from being so deserted.

One of the things I'm excited about with Valravn is that the marina entrance will finally be connected to the Blue Streak area. That's going to improve traffic flow a lot.

I've said it before when it leaked and I'll say it again. This'll be one of the best coasters at Cedar Point for me. I LOVE dive coasters, and this looks like one of the better layouts for one I've seen. It also looks like there'll be plenty of spots for us photographers/videographers to get nice and close to the ride and get some awesome angles.

I'm excited for this one!

Looks like it's over 217 ft...so now they go fight the FAA!

Also, I love how everyone keeps asking Tony and the crew for a coaster that goes underwater... that was

a coaster that goes into and under lake Erie... "oops we weren't supposed to talk about that"

Great addition for the park...this will be a huge hit with the GP, most of which have probably never been to either BG park and ridden those dive coasters.

Just wanted to get this in before the enthusiast whiners hijack the thread.

Love this announcement...glad it's finally confirmed so we can quit with the silly speculations!

Edited by Philrad71

Finally the "secret" is out and we can all quit speculating about whether they changed the name or not. Personally I like the name and am glad they kept it.

As for the coaster itself...I said it before but I will say it again...I think it's a fantastic addition to the parks already stellar collection of coasters BUT I think it would look better sitting in Skyriders old spot at Canada's Wonderland

I didn't catch the live stream so how do you pronounce the name? I've been calling it Val-ravn.

I'm glad that they are going to make the ride guest friendly, i.e. bring the ride up close to midways so that guests can have some interaction with it unlike Gatekeeper. I'm actually quite surprised by the new midway that goes behind Cadillac Cars - will make it easier to get to Blue Streak and Valravn without having to go all the way to Raptor to access them. Great job CP!

Two things that stand out to me:

8 across trains - dont really understand this, that or the presence of the vest restraints. I guess the elements are rather slow but I feel that a 10 across train would increase the speed and capacity enough to out weigh this.

Colors - I know we have know these for a while, but they still perplex me. Being almost the same to Rougaru and just across the midway it just seems odd to me.

I guess at this point though we cant really question CF, almost all of their major additions in the past years have been outstanding, they definitely know what they are doing. Glad there isn't a splashdown though, they honestly never appeal to me as they act no different than a breakrun in my eyes, much rather have a bunny hill or similar element.

Gonna be an awesome ride, but genuinely surprised it's just being plopped down on a patch of grass. Definitely a disappointment in that regard.

Glad there isn't a splashdown though, they honestly never appeal to me as they act no different than a breakrun in my eyes, much rather have a bunny hill or similar element.

By design, they are a brake run - the aesthetics are just a bonus - so you're right! A lot of people do use them to get wet on a summer day, though, so they definitely serve multiple purposes.