TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Just a quick thought... With the lift being over 200 feet tall, and there being a possibility of a sligltly longer drop (if there is any kind of tunnel or ditch) - could that that possibly mean that first Immelmann could be taller than 170 feet? That would be around a 50' difference in height if the statistics are correct.

I do think ValRavn could have the world's tallest inversion. Depending on how you count a loop, it would have to beat either Gatekeeper (170ft drop/inversion), the Lewa Happy World Mack loop (164ft?), or maybe the 2016 Wanda Hefei coaster that is supposed to have a 55m (180ft) loop.

Self Service Beer coming to Cedar Point.

www.prweb.com/releases/2015/08/prweb12911309.htm

How is nobody paying attention to this? Screw the roller coaster, this is awesome!

I was there a few days ago and it was extremely popular, especially the 40z for $20 deal ...

"Park guests can purchase either a $10 or $20 pre-loaded RFID card, pour Bud Light, Budweiser, and Goose Island IPA at $.50 per ounce"

Of course folks won't remember how many oz are in a Pint or tall glass at their favorite bar when at CP! Think about how much a 40oz is at the store for Edward 40 hands around Halloween and you may feel sad. Anyways, I swear I saw more than just three beer choices though!

(or they are attempting to sell a larger variety in the near-future)

"The station is staffed by two park employees who ... make sure that no guests are being over served and ensure that guests get the perfect pour every time."

^I wouldn't say Goose Island is cheap beer. Someone mentioned that they thought that they saw more offerings too.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Great Lakes get in the mix.

Edit: To add to that...I doubt CF wants to start selling draft beer for like $4. Then I could see where things might get out of hand. Me? I have no problem with getting a couple of ice cold drafts down at that end of the park.

Edited by Philrad71

FullSizeRender.jpg.ccd4386789dc2116d99b086c61d92790.jpg

2 track pieces at Cedar Point for the new ride.

Here we go guys! 2 track pieces for the new ride at C.P. I took this tonight at around 7. It's the normal storage area near Breakers Express. Looks exciting and truly a different color for any rides at the Point.

Here we go guys! 2 track pieces for the new ride at C.P. I took this tonight at around 7. It's the normal storage area near Breakers Express. Looks exciting and truly a different color for any rides at the Point.

How on earth is that a "truly different color"?!?! I mean, it's maybe a different shade of orange, but it's still clearly orange (and not brown, as some have said...)

I give you, people's exhibit A, and B...

irondrag_turns.jpg

Even Magnum's track color has gotten more orange since its original red color!

Sure, maybe this is the first Texas Longhorn colored coaster at CP, but it's still not a terribly unique or inspired choice, especially considering the dark images the coaster's theme invokes!

DISCLAIMER: I am still excited about the coaster, and will ride it eagerly in spite of it's "uninspired" color scheme, because at the end of the day, that doesn't matter to the ride experience one iota!

The color of the track looks almost exactly the same as Rougaru to be honest. Maybe slightly darker but its still very similar. Looking at the logo a dark purple or yellow would have seemed to match much better. Odd, guess we'll just have to wait and see.