TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Alright lets look at the clues.

1. a WIND mill

2. a TALL brontosaurus

3. a couple SIDE BY SIDE on the BEACH

Its easy this all leads to a Wooden Coaster as Pointbuzz says...... I don't know where everyone is getting a starflyer from?

Dueling GGs...

Airtime - Plenty of it.

Windmill - Themed to a flying dinosaur (or it could be to throw us off)

Tall - Very tall

Couple side by side - See dueling GGs.

It could also be a dueling Zamplerla flyer as well. It fits all the criteria...

- Spends time in the air = Airtime

- Has a spiral lift hill = spinning Windmill - Utah was just there to throw people off

- Soars = StrataSOAR

- Hellz yeah it duels.

FIX'D

Let's throw in that Wallibi Vertigo coaster (that everybody thought was an eyesore) into the mix...

- Obviously spends time in the air

- Obviously soars

- Obviously has a cool spinning lift hill

- Let's make it duel too! Because everybody loves a good dueling coaster.

This is Cedar Point... They could be very well throwing everyone a curveball.

Fun Time just made themselves look like the lamest amusement ride company in the business.....So you had a potential customer and they decided to go to somebody else so your gonna cry about it and sue the possible buyer of your ride? That sounds like a five year old girl crying over her little brother sucking on her barbies head.

Alright lets look at the clues.

1. a WIND mill

2. a TALL brontosaurus

3. a couple SIDE BY SIDE on the BEACH

Its easy this all leads to a Wooden Coaster as Pointbuzz says...... I don't know where everyone is getting a starflyer from?

Pointbuzz if full of lot's of great facts like this

"there were never any coaster wars"

"raptor was the first coaster ever to have a cobra roll"

"it must be a wooden cyclone coaster"

I could go on and on....

Anyways, back on topic.

We have all known what they were getting, even before the newspaper leak. The thing that sticks out to me is the lawsuit. Will this hamper the construction of the ride, or even change plans all together?

I would have to think that there was some kind of contract in place with funtime to build a new ride, but there is no proof of that. If there was a contract, I can see funtimes beef. If there was not a contract, cedarpoint should be suing them for slander and by letting the secret out.

From the Sandusky Register..

“It’s almost like Mondial’s plagiarizing our idea,” said Mirfin, director of the Funtime Group and owner of Cottingham Agencies, which holds the patent for StarFlyer. “It makes us very, very angry.”

"Almost" is not the same as "They Are".

"Mirfin said his company planned to build a StarFlyer for Cedar Point that would be 400 feet tall — even bigger than the StarFlyer at Prater Park in Vienna, which stands 384 feet tall.

Instead, Funtime learned Cedar Point was buying a similar ride from Mondial, Mirfin said

Now, not only do we not get the contract, now we’ve got to get into litigation,” Mirfin said. “The ones that we’ll be suing will be Cedar Point and not Mondial.”

This is just wishful thinking on Mirfin's part. Likewise, i plan on being a billionare one day. Wishing doesn't make it so. And Mirfin even goes on to confirm that there was not a contract between Funtime and CF.

And as far as Patent Infringement - Bradley and Kaye (if they were still around) could say the Starflyer is based upon an almost exact copy of their Barnstormer ride, the biggest difference is Funtime uses a seated swing and the barnstormer has a plane vehicle. Zamperla has an identical version of the Star Flyer and their "aeromax" is a near identical copy of the B&K Barnstormer too. Even Intamin joined forces with B&K on an Intamin version of the Barnstormer (Great Plane Race at SFOG, for example).

Sounds to me like this is a big case of sour grapes. Funtime's product didn't meet CF's expectations and needs, and so they chose a different product- CF is entitled to do that.

Anyway, good luck fighting that battle Funtime!