TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I don't know anything about Cedar Point being cheap. (FL+ and Breakers are mandatory for us...)

Even if Ka was smooth I don't think it would be as thrilling as OG Dragster. The shoulder restraints are a buzz kill. It also felt like the launch characteristics were numbed. Dragster had that feeling of the instant snap of letting go of a rubber band. Ka's acceleration felt much more reserved and linear to me. It was a one and done for us.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in its own thread, but does anyone have any input on the best time to visit the park this year with the hopes of avoiding crowds? Getting on TT2 would be nice but is not my main concern. haven't been to a major park since 2018 and have developed a pretty serious disability since then and I'm going to have to be creative with how I pace myself. My cousin and I will have a few days at CP and are going to hit King's Island too, which takes some pressure off, and I'll definitely have to use whatever accommodations are offered. I've also done both parks a handful of times, although not for a lot of years, and my cousin's never been so I want to get her on as much as possible.

I don't think any of us enjoys crowds but yeah, I would feel so much better planning the trip knowing it was at a time we have at least a chance of finding fewer people there. It's been so long since I've been at a park I don't even know if avoiding crowds is a thing one can do anymore lol. Or maybe it's just the FL parks that are like that, I don't know. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking it's better to go early while kids are in school despite running the risk of overlapping with some school trips? 

(And happy to make this its own thread if that's what I should have done.)

19 hours ago, zacattack said:

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in its own thread, but does anyone have any input on the best time to visit the park this year with the hopes of avoiding crowds? Getting on TT2 would be nice but is not my main concern. haven't been to a major park since 2018 and have developed a pretty serious disability since then and I'm going to have to be creative with how I pace myself. My cousin and I will have a few days at CP and are going to hit King's Island too, which takes some pressure off, and I'll definitely have to use whatever accommodations are offered. I've also done both parks a handful of times, although not for a lot of years, and my cousin's never been so I want to get her on as much as possible.

I don't think any of us enjoys crowds but yeah, I would feel so much better planning the trip knowing it was at a time we have at least a chance of finding fewer people there. It's been so long since I've been at a park I don't even know if avoiding crowds is a thing one can do anymore lol. Or maybe it's just the FL parks that are like that, I don't know. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking it's better to go early while kids are in school despite running the risk of overlapping with some school trips? 

(And happy to make this its own thread if that's what I should have done.)

In my three most recent visits (2023, 2021, and 2017), I have found August a nice time to go. Particularly mid-late August, and weekdays if you can (basically whatever is the last full week they're open before moving to weekends only). I've also heard May is decent crowd-wise but the flip side is that the park is still getting on its feet from the off-season and staffing/ride availability can be a crap shoot. I would also say the weather in August is generally a bit more reliable than May but that's just luck-of-the-draw when it comes to Sandusky. Anything can happen with the weather and that definitely influences crowds one way or another.

And you are very unlikely to run into school groups at the start of the school year, mid-August and September, while weekdays in May (particularly Fridays) will have lots of field trips going on.

The first week in May is Pretty slow but they also do some kind of Physics week/math days, but the kids have activates that have to do and still leave pretty early. You can get a lot done early and later.  

I went the Tuesday after Memorial day  last year and was pretty slow and I think that week was kind of slow. A lot of the Ohio schools start Mid to late August so that helps in August. With that said a lot of Michigan school go back after labor day.  Like said before the Week before the park closes for weekday operation is pretty slow. I have also been told the weekend before halloweekends starts is slow. 

The thing is that with TT2 opening people might go early but that is still a small group of people. 

I wonder how they'll implement this? Maybe they're going to Flash Pass which is electronic and in use at 6 Flags parks. You'll need to use your phone for this. I do this at Magic Mountain now. It controls the crowd flow unlike fast lane.

3 hours ago, coasternut said:

I wonder how they'll implement this? Maybe they're going to Flash Pass which is electronic and in use at 6 Flags parks. You'll need to use your phone for this. I do this at Magic Mountain now. It controls the crowd flow unlike fast lane.

Most likely they will use their old scanner turnstiles or a newer model.  Scan your wristband to enter.  

8 hours ago, prozach626 said:

"Have a Six Flags Day!"

5 hours ago, coasternut said:

4 hours ago, coasterbill said:

I feel like Cedar Fair is one of the only American chains that doesn't typically limit rides on their newest ride with the skip-the-line system anyway. This makes sense.

1 hour ago, tndank said:

Most likely they will use their old scanner turnstiles or a newer model.  Scan your wristband to enter.  

Nothing new.  Kings Dominion limited FL+ to one ride on Volcano for most of the years that it existed.  They just marked your wristband when you rode; if you tried to show it again once it already had the mark, you weren't allowed.

It's really not that complicated, people.

2 hours ago, MidwestThemeParks said:

Do those with the all season, all park Fast Lane through another park get unlimited rides on TT2? With this system they will likely have to have three different wristbands (FL, FL+, and FL+ with unlimited rides on TT2).

All-Season-All-Park-FL just gets you the highest level offered at a park; it will only get you one ride (per day) on the Zamperla mistake.  You all are seriously overthinking this.

At least it's not an upcharge for the 1 time Fast Lane entrance like at the SEAS parks for a new ride. At BGT, when buting Quick Queue Unlimited, Iron Gwazi and Serengeti Flyer are an extra cost. On this upcoming Saturday as an example, it's an extra $30 to add 1 Iron Gwazi and 1 Serengeti Flyer to Quick Queue Unlimited (regular Quick Queue doesn't have that option).

6 hours ago, thepoint4life23 said:

People are mad about only getting one ride, yea it sucks but you can always wait the 6 hours to ride it if you want.

All the people complaining about having to wait too long don't realize they can just wait 6 hours, so what's the problem? Pay more, wait less. They're willing to pay, but they still have to wait. (for more than one ride)

I personally couldn't give two shits about this issue, but the complaints are about paying a lot of money and only getting one ride on the premier attraction. Is it consistent with past practices in some cases? Yeah. Does it suck? Yeah.

12 hours ago, coasternut said:

^ That doesn't' make sense. We paid the most of any level, and should get the best benefits. Spoken as a all season all park owner.

You are getting the best benefits that are offered.  We don't deserve some extra special perk.  You're already saving money over buying daily FL every time you go, right?  Spoken as an all-season, all-park FL+ owner (almost) every year since its been offered. :roll:

4 hours ago, AmyUD06 said:

Good for you, child.  It doesn't change the fact that my logic was sound (given the nature of the single-rides offered on Volcano), and your spoiled, entitled attitude still remains.  A hollow victory if I do say so myself.

Are you this condescending in real life? Not the first time ive seen it here, thats for sure 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

Are you this condescending in real life? Not the first time ive seen it here, thats for sure 

Typically, no.  Forgive me if I take some offense when an entitled brat needs to demonstrate things in such a way.

4 hours ago, Haymaker said:

AmyUD06 is pissed because it sucks to be wrong. Bottom line. I know all too well.

Not really sure where "entitlement" is applicable. Regardless, I'm glad you get unlimited rides. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.1ec0a5336061d4b7fd920a3d5c04d97f.png

To be fair, although the website makes it clear that the season pass is unlimited TTD2 rides in bold, the list below only showing two tiers (including saying Fast Lane Plus is one-time access) while having the description in coasternut's picture almost contradict itself by stating that season pass is 'valid for one FAST LANE PLUS wristband per visit' and does make it a little confusing.
image.png.53bb57f1779ee25ec71c1390c714c1e7.png

I assume there'll have to be a 3rd type of wristband or some system in place to make it clear that TTD2 doesn't get checked off of your Fast Lane Plus wristbands when you pick it up compared to the daily ones.