TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I wanted to use the trends of the 7 first RMC IBox conversions to predict track length of RMC Mean Streak.

If the trends of a sample size of 7 can tell us anything, the new track length will be about 85% of the old. We should be looking at anywhere between 4500 ft to 4800 ft. Maybe bringing the lift to 200 ft+ can give it enough momentum to beat Twisted Colossus for the "World's Longest Hybrid" record?

[attachment=0]MS_length_predict.png[/attachment]

Notes on the calculation:

- I only used track length of a single side of Twisted Twins because SC follows the layout of only one side and obviously doesn't have a second lift (like TC).

- I made a second average calculation of just six IBox (omitting Twisted Colossus) because the strange mobius layout cut off a lot of original track. 58% is a low number partly because TC doesn't have two separate station/brakes/prelift sections like Colossus' 8650 ft track length has.

even RMC couldn't have made Rattler's helix any good

^ Nice try. But that doesn't really work for this situation.

Answer

I kinda like the western names that another poster mentioned like Double Down or The Gambler.

I really hope that this conversion doesn't have "streak" in the name at all. To me, something like Iron Streak or Meaner Streak just sounds dumb with very little thought process going into it. This coaster looks like it's going to be epic so it needs something original and something that fits perfectly into the theming of Frontier Town.

Double Down might remind me too much of that weird KFC sandwich and The Gambler might be too Kenny Rogers'ish....but I still like them a lot better than anything with "streak" in the name.

Edit - Did some research via Google on 'western slang and phrases' and saw this one: 'Widow Maker' - A very bad or "outlaw" horse. Kinda goes with the Maverick name and theme - I like it!

. . . I love RMCs, but I often feel like they lack the large, basic elements such as an ejector hill. . .

Pretty sure every RMC coaster ever created has an ejector hill. . . Like, you know... The entire ride.

Seriously, (Not including the lift hill obviously) I think we spend more time being ejected out of our seats on RMC coasters, than the amount of time we spend being pressed into the seats. Hell even the first drop on RMC coasters (aside from the inverting drops) are like giant ejector hills all the way down the drop.

Having not gone through every single post of the last few pages, perhaps CP will go for an inversion on that first curve? If they can nab another record ("highest inversion") they would love to do that.

I really hope someone goes for longest coaster again. They could so do it here.

. . . I love RMCs, but I often feel like they lack the large, basic elements such as an ejector hill. . .

Pretty sure every RMC coaster ever created has an ejector hill. . . Like, you know... The entire ride.

Seriously, (Not including the lift hill obviously) I think we spend more time being ejected out of our seats on RMC coasters, than the amount of time we spend being pressed into the seats. Hell even the first drop on RMC coasters (aside from the inverting drops) are like giant ejector hills all the way down the drop.

In addition to this, Storm Chaser has 2 bona fide, clear as day ejector hills, and boy, do they ever launch you! That first one even makes the ejector hills on Maverick or Magnum seem tentative in their ejection!

Haha, true that, but I meant ejector hills à la El Toro. Like, big hills, sustained ejector. My first and only RMC is Wildfire, and it kinda lacks one big hill. It's a succession of pop of air.

Now I agree Storm Chaser do have two ejector hills, and I was very happy to see them! I just wish for a bigger RMC to feature them now.

In addition to this, Storm Chaser has 2 bona fide, clear as day ejector hills, and boy, do they ever launch you! That first one even makes the ejector hills on Maverick or Magnum seem tentative in their ejection!

My car keys can attest to this! They haven't been the same ever since! And my thighs are probably not the same either, man!

Haha, true that, but I meant ejector hills à la El Toro. Like, big hills, sustained ejector. My first and only RMC is Wildfire, and it kinda lacks one big hill. It's a succession of pop of air.

Now I agree Storm Chaser do have two ejector hills, and I was very happy to see them! I just wish for a bigger RMC to feature them now.

There's your problem. You're judging all of them based on one, but from what I've heard, very solid coaster.

à la[/i] El Toro. Like, big hills, sustained ejector. My first and only RMC is Wildfire, and it kinda lacks one big hill. It's a succession of pop of air.

Goliath at Six Flags Great America, though being a very short ride, seems to have a fairly sustained ejector hill to me. It's first drop of 180' at 85 degrees is currently the longest and steepest drop drop of any wooden coaster and it seems to go on for a while. But majority of its subsequent ejector air-time hills are mainly pops. Another neat thing about it is the 2 zero-gravity stalls and a surprisingly steep lift hill. Though only a 45-degree angle, you feel like you're almost going straight up.

Goliath's drop is good but there's a better first drop in the same park. El Toro's first drop/two ejector hills are still better than Goliath's drop and one airtime hill. Both are excellent rides though. I agree with the sentiment of RMCs needing more large ejector hills, although I do like their current style as well.

Edited by Password121

wrote"Coasters & Lamps"]
à la[/i] El Toro. Like, big hills, sustained ejector. My first and only RMC is Wildfire, and it kinda lacks one big hill. It's a succession of pop of air.

Goliath at Six Flags Great America, though being a very short ride, seems to have a fairly sustained ejector hill to me. It's first drop of 180' at 85 degrees is currently the longest and steepest drop drop of any wooden coaster and it seems to go on for a while. But majority of its subsequent ejector air-time hills are mainly pops. Another neat thing about it is the 2 zero-gravity stalls and a surprisingly steep lift hill. Though only a 45-degree angle, you feel like you're almost going straight up.

Goliath's drop is good but there's a better first drop in the same park. El Toro's first drop/two ejector hills are still better than Goliath's drop and one airtime hill. Both are excellent rides though. I agree with the sentiment of RMCs needing more large ejector hills, although I do like their current style as well.

I haven't tried El Toro yet, but it has long been on my list for when we finally hit the eastern parks.

Goliath's drop is good but there's a better first drop in the same park.

I believe you're mentioning "Raging Bull"? It is most certainly a longer drop. Back in 2002, when I rode it for the first time, I was, by far, the best drop of any coaster I had ridden at that point. And of course, the only coasters I had ridden were ones at SFGAM and SFSTL. I had yet to go to KI and CP. But ever since Goliath came along, it seems to steal some of the thunder from Raging Bull. I think Goliath's drop accelerates a little faster and the elements are a little tighter. But Raging Bull's total length is always an advantage it will have over Goliath.

Factoring in the wait time for Goliath, we have also changed how we manage our wait time in the other coasters, and that includes not riding in the front or back row if the lines are too busy. It has been a long time since I rode Raging Bull in the front or back row. That may be a reason why the Ragin Bull drop hasn't seemed as intense to us as that of Goliath. Viper also few good drops for it's tiny stature. Some of my fellow riders have compared it to a slightly more aggressive form of CP's Blue Streak.

I believe you're mentioning "Raging Bull"?

Damn right he is. I'll back it up and spell it out. Raging Bull's first drop is better than Goliath's (and most other coasters).

I haven't tried El Toro yet, but it has long been on my list for when we finally hit the eastern parks.

I have to admit, we just went to SFMM while visiting CA to see my family and we got to ride Twisted Colossus a couple of times. We both felt that El Toro was better lol. There is just something about El Toro that just had everything we wanted in a coaster and for us both, pretty much took place in our Top 5s, if not the number one spot.

I absolutely love RMCs and am ecstatic to have one at CP. There is no doubt that whatever they are building is going to be epic, and definitely one of RMCs best.

Damn right he is. I'll back it up and spell it out. Raging Bull's first drop is better than Goliath's (and most other coasters).

Ehh... maybe in the backseat? The predrop definitely adds something unique, but I still think I'd take Goliath's drop - That thing is massive and filled with ejector!

The good truth.

definitely two of my favorite first drops. they're about equal for me in enjoyment.

The good truth.

Raging Bull in the back seat is one of my favorite things to do...

Its not about the length of Raging Bulls drop compared to Goliath, it's about row 9 with five inches of nothing between you and the lapbar. Sustained ejector that's actually improved by being fairly shallow as it goes on forever for *only* 200 feet. It feels like Millennium's drop but with El Toro's airtime.

Given all the wild speculation that New Mean Streak could be RMC's biggest/longest/greatest/etc...

Maybe the reason for the weird timing of construction coupled with the lack of announcement is so CP can spread the cost of construction over several fiscal periods rather than just one off-season. Start it in 2017, finish in 2018, but avoid one big massive deduction to the 2016 off-season balance sheet. That would allow for one hell of a conversion .

Given all the wild speculation that New Mean Streak could be RMC's biggest/longest/greatest/etc...

Maybe the reason for the weird timing of construction coupled with the lack of announcement is so CP can spread the cost of construction over several fiscal periods rather than just one off-season. Start it in 2017, finish in 2018, but avoid one big massive deduction to the 2016 off-season balance sheet. That would allow for one hell of a conversion .

Holy crap... that actually makes sense.

Man I still want to go on El Toro one day! Seems so epic and the best wooden coaster ever! Anyways for Goliath and Raging Bull I think they are interchangeable for me it seems. Like sometimes it seems RB's drop is better and sometime it seems Goliath's is better. Last time I went to Great America I found Goliath's drop to be more intense then raging bulls. Still I enjoy both and for me a Great America trip doesnt feel complete without riding both RB and Goliath!

Holy crap... that actually makes sense.

LOL. Look up the history of CF capital expenditures. This isn't SF where they constrain things to a set % of revenue.