TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

They had the line all lit up with different colors of light last night on the Webcam . Kinda like banshee's lights.

Yup... Colors can be changed and tied into the other rides like Power Tower and the Ferris Wheel.

And Valravn definitely has a nice pacing. It doesn't feel as sluggish like the others. Post-MCBR is a huge improvement over the others in the US... Actually has some substance to it. Just had back seat, right side... better than left side for sure! Especially in that zero-G! I would expect front right to be the money seat! Sadly can't get on that as cameras are blocking the far right two seats.

They had the line all lit up with different colors of light last night on the Webcam . Kinda like banshee's lights.

Yup... Colors can be changed and tied into the other rides like Power Tower and the Ferris Wheel.

And Valravn definitely has a nice pacing. It doesn't feel as sluggish like the others. Post-MCBR is a huge improvement over the others in the US... Actually has some substance to it. Just had back seat, right side... better than left side for sure! Especially in that zero-G! I would expect front right to be the money seat! Sadly can't get on that as cameras are blocking the far right two seats.

Good to hear it's an improvement over it's U.S. predecessors, I wasn't impressed at all with Griffon

I loved Sheikra so I'm very excited to hear some great things about this! Can't wait to try it in about a month!

Airtime hill is good! I bet it is even better once it's warmer outside. Feels similar to GK's big hill.

They opened the front right seats so we were able to ride each corner of the train. My favorite seat is front right, followed by back right. Front for visuals, back for those drops.

Huge fan of the coaster! Will for sure be a must ride every visit. More intense than I expected as well, greyed out a few times on the pullout of the first drop. The reactions have been great from everyone else here today too. Really nice addition for the park, it really does add another wonderful ride to their already fantastic lineup. Merch selection in the gift shop is really cool as well!

Loving all the additions and changes/improvements to CP the past few years! Park is better than it ever has been and continues to get even better.

Feels similar to GK's big hill.

Oh

If it was GK's finale hill, I'd be pretty disappointed, but GK's big hill is pretty damn good once things warm up in the summer. Regardless, the rest of Valravn still looks fantastic. Cannot wait to ride it opening weekend!

At the park now... Valravn is fantastic. Extremely smooth as expected, the g-roll is a highlight for sure as Tony has claimed. The views are unreal from the two taller portions of the ride. I personally am not a huge fan of the restraints as they feel more restrictive on this type of coaster, for me at least (6'6" tall). I feel like I got more airtime on the drops on Sheikra with the classic OTSR's.

Loading is cool... There is a TV screen that displays interval for the crew and visual reference for which seats are locked and ready to go. No doubt that the crews will be flying on this ride!

The ride area is beautiful. It also looks like Raptor got some new lighting/strobes under the cobra roll.

Raptor have the same strobe as Fury325 which is bright and very directional. Valravn also have the same seat locking monitor screen as does Fury325. I'm thinking it's something that CF will be rolling out on all of the modern coasters or at least the new ones as they are being built.

Valravn looks amazing.

I always thought GKs big air time hill provided really good almost ejector air time if you're in the front seat on a hot summer day

I bet it does. I'll try shotgunning a few Red Bulls next time I'm in line for Gatekeeper so that I'm not in SWS/Stage-3 sleep by the time we reach the big hill.

I always thought GKs big air time hill provided really good almost ejector air time if you're in the front seat on a hot summer day

I bet it does. I'll try shotgunning a few Red Bulls next time I'm in line for Gatekeeper so that I'm not in SWS/Stage-3 sleep by the time we reach the big hill.

Maybe you should just give Gatekeeper a few Redbulls. The Redbulls would give Gatekeeper wings, and then it could fly through the course.

The first drop is awesome...

As for that description of the airtime hill, so many conflicting emotions in one sentence.

Maybe you should just give Gatekeeper a few Redbulls. The Redbulls would give Gatekeeper wings, and then it could fly through the course.

These 2 replies got me good!

Any chance you want to pass whatever you're smoking over here? Because Trapper Keeper's hill is nothing more than a perfectly designed parabola of disappointment.

Any chance you want to pass whatever you're smoking over here? Because Trapper Keeper's hill is just no.

It's funny that there are two prime examples of a coaster with ejector air in the park (Maverick or Magnum) and still people throw out ridiculous comparisons.

I adore Gatekeeper but when I think Gatekeeper I don't think airtime personally. I love the coaster to death though, I never got the hate for it. The first drop might be my first drop on any steel coaster in the world and the keyholes are amazing.

I adore Gatekeeper but when I think Gatekeeper I don't think airtime personally. I love the coaster to death though, I never got the hate for it. The first drop might be my first drop on any steel coaster in the world and the keyholes are amazing.

Thank you for not attacking my opinion lol.

Deal with it.

Attention campers, lunch has been cancelled due to lack of hustle.. deal with it.

Valravn sounds like it's getting rav(e) reviews early on. This pleases me.

Edited by Mossed

Since I'm sure you all love seeing my posts right now... Between the reviews that the ride is getting and after taking a look at the POV, Valravn is exceeding my already high expectations. It looks great! Can't wait to ride it for myself on Friday!