TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Cedar Point may not have wanted to pay the money to have people cycle it the prescribed number of times too, causing the late opening. That seems pretty plausible too. Is safety the real reason then that it doesn't open until late May, or is it bean counting? You tell me.

A lot of Ops are still in school, and it's finals season. More often than not the parks are willing to pay to have people to come in and commission/run the rides, but Ops for specific rides aren't available. There's also the struggle of juggling training and commissioning, though for a park like CP where ride teams are generally one ride it's less of an issue (though still relevant). That slows cycles down. If I was management, I would stack the most available people on one ride (ie Valravn) so it can open without delay, and then less-critical rides (like water rides) could be a lower priority. Of course, I'm not management so they may have their own way of assigning teams.

VF is trying to do the same (get people during the week to commission) and believe me, if I didn't have to be in class/taking finals, I'd be there in a heartbeat running cycles on any ride

Last season, Millennium Forces yellow train was late to the game because they replaced some of the metal on it (on all 3 trains, actually) with fiberglass... and Intamin was late on the shipment.

Not to interrupt the anti-Intamin circle jerk, but practically every time we have to get parts from a manufacturer and ship them, they arrive late or otherwise have problems. From multiple different manufacturers.

Let the planning for their next coaster in about 3-4 years begin.

Oh good, let's start!

GCI woodie in The Shoot the Rapids spot!! Although a RMC reboot of Mean Streak would be better...

The more you bitch, the meaner the streak becomes. Join us on the dark side.

Wait.. isn't the preview tomorrow???

Tonight is the Valravn preview and first rider auction. Barring any special surprises the only ride open tonight is Valravn. All money is going to charity. I'm so jealous of everyone that's there.

Bill, I had the chance to ride mean streak last summer, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

We had a great conversation about what to do for dinner while riding....

All I can think of is...that's Klassy.

While we're waiting...

Left Field Question to you CP guys: What is the oldest coaster operating in the park, now?

Just curious. And too old and lazy to look it up. And if it's one of the kids' coasters, so be it.

Left Field Question to you CP guys: What is the oldest coaster operating in the park, now?

Blue Streak. It opened in 1964 and shares a name with a similar coaster just a few hours away. The only differences between the two are that the other Blue Streak sucks and is in a park that also sucks, but like Cedar Point it has a hardcore fan-base that gets really mad when you say things like that so I do it for no reason just for fun even when it has nothing to do with the conversation.

While acknowledging that they are still working on the landscaping, I wish that they would plant some more trees. Looks like they had planted some shrubs on one of the last turns but shade would be awesome. Aside from that, I cannot wait to make the drive up there to try it out. Looks like an amazing coaster.

Yay....fireworks!

Those aren't actually fireworks. . . Tony was actually in the Dollywood thread, when he thought he was in the Cedar Point thread... He saw people talking about burning down the new coaster. . . So that's what Cedar Point is doing, burning down Valravn. That's where the smoke is coming from.