TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Obviously I don't want to raise hopes up too high, but I don't see any argument, outside of the lack of immersive theming, why Valravn wouldn't be the best B&M dive coaster. From a layout standpoint only, it has everything the best dive coasters have (minus a splashdown, which isn't a positive for the layout, more for visuals, which, by the way, this ride will more than make up for IMO), along with about 1/3 more substance on the back end preceded by a taller and faster first half.

Assuming this ride has similar forces to the current best dive coasters (Griffon, Sheikra, etc), it's actually pretty impressive what B&M has been doing the last couple years. Arguably their best speed coaster (Fury), best wing coaster (Thunderbird), arguably a top 3 invert (Banshee), and potentially their best dive coaster.

Looks like the winter tour and coastermania were just announced. This year, coastermania is no longer free. You must purchase a ticket and they are putting a cap on the number of people that can attend. I think this is a great idea, as last year there were some people that caused problems.

Screenshot_2015-12-08-19-46-46.thumb.png.8a286b1103c5c3c41abf8c9018a88825.png

Obviously I don't want to raise hopes up too high, but I don't see any argument, outside of the lack of immersive theming, why Valravn wouldn't be the best B&M dive coaster. . .

Haven't you heard??? It's clear from the renderings, and the POV that Valravn will be force-less, and boring. There is nothing new and exciting about the layout. The first half of the layout is the same as it is on all other large Dive Machines. Obviously nothing innovative from B&M. Oh... And don't forget the restraints. They will clearly make the ride un-bearable... Because you know, all the coasters with the B&M Vest restraints are awful, and need to be destroyed. They should just tear it down, and put in a Wacky Worm, or another highly over priced food stand.

Or at least that is the main consensuses from the majority of coaster enthusiast.

I'm just saying it has more substance to its layout. As I said, *assuming* it rides similarly to the other dive coasters, I think it could be a really good ride. Nothing ridiculous about that.

Edit: Adding to this, that's like saying that during Fury's construction that it's ridiculous to argue it would be better than Leviathan based on the layout because it hasn't been completed yet. So... we're just guessing what the rest of the ride of the ride will do as construction moves along? Haha

Edited by Password121

^^^^ I'm soooo glad they're finally charging for this event. I've said that for years. That will "weed out" a lot of people. Now ERT's are a joke with all the people attending free. I've been to every one since the beginning, and last year was THE WORST EVER! Everything was bad from the entry, food, free stuff. I wasn't going to attend in 2016, except now with Valravn I've got to! I realize this event costs the park a lot of money. Plus they've set the bar so high in the past. Two years ago they gave away $50. Gatekeeper jackets , not the junk they gave away this year. We've even had shrimp for lunch in the past. I don't expect that kind of free stuff, but going back to tee shirts would be best, and maybe a Valravn pin IMHO. We didn't even get anything from Rougarou this year which was strange. I'm looking forward to a new improved Coastermania in 2016!

Edit: Adding to this, that's like saying that during Fury's construction that it's ridiculous to argue it would be better than Leviathan based on the layout because it hasn't been completed yet. So... we're just guessing what the rest of the ride of the ride will do as construction moves along? Haha

It's ridiculous to argue that it would be better than Leviathan without riding it. I was only pointing out how early on it is in construction to give us a little perspective on how far away we are from actually riding it, not to imply that once it was complete (but before it opened) it would make sense. It would still be ridiculous.

It's ridiculous to argue that it would be better than Leviathan without riding it. I was only pointing out how early on it is in construction to give us a little perspective on how far away we are from actually riding it, not to imply that once it was complete (but before it opened) it would make sense. It would still be ridiculous.

I don't want to discuss this for all that long because I agree it is stupid, but I'm arguing that the layout itself is the best of any dive coaster, and it if rides like the others than I think it would have a good chance to be better. All we need are renderings to form an opinion on the layout, and obviously we'll have to wait and ride it to form a definite opinion.

We're just arguing different points here. The layout to me looks like the best dive coaster layout, and you don't have to ride it before you can agree or disagree.

Haven't you heard??? It's clear from the renderings, and the POV that Valravn will be force-less, and boring. There is nothing new and exciting about the layout. The first half of the layout is the same as it is on all other large Dive Machines. Obviously nothing innovative from B&M. Oh... And don't forget the restraints. They will clearly make the ride un-bearable... Because you know, all the coasters with the B&M Vest restraints are awful, and need to be destroyed. They should just tear it down, and put in a Wacky Worm, or another highly over priced food stand.

I mean, aside from the vest restraints comment (I love them), I do feel like a Wacky Worm provides a more intense ride than 90% of all B&Ms built in the last decade. Mostly because I don't trust the structure to remain intact.

Tony just tweeted that another section of track will go into place today! Supports are now going up for it! Might be able to be viewed on Periscope. Is the Winter Chill Out a good thing to go to or should i wait for Coastermania? Im planning on doing coasterstock at my homepark so i might try to do a round trip to do both events whenever they are.

Is the Winter Chill Out a good thing to go to or should i wait for Coastermania? Im planning on doing coasterstock at my homepark so i might try to do a round trip to do both events whenever they are.

Yes! Winter Chill Out is awesome, you should definitely go. I went for the first time last year and had a blast, even met some TPR members!

I'm thinking that the turn and first drop will likely be placed after the Immelman and turn into the midcourse brakes are placed. This would allow the crane to move through to that section. I assume that this section of the lift will probably be last lift component added until that's done, since the only other support sections for the lift is a singular column directly under the turn.

At that point after that section is done, the rest of the ride falls on the other side of the drop so they can roll the crane wherever they need it at down Perimeter Road.

Tony just tweeted that another section of track will go into place today! Supports are now going up for it! Might be able to be viewed on Periscope.

They gotta move quick. They only have a couple hours of daylight left and they still need to remove the straps from the support beams.

^^^^ I'm soooo glad they're finally charging for this event. I've said that for years. That will "weed out" a lot of people. Now ERT's are a joke with all the people attending free. I've been to every one since the beginning, and last year was THE WORST EVER! Everything was bad from the entry, food, free stuff. I wasn't going to attend in 2016, except now with Valravn I've got to! I realize this event costs the park a lot of money. Plus they've set the bar so high in the past. Two years ago they gave away $50. Gatekeeper jackets , not the junk they gave away this year. We've even had shrimp for lunch in the past. I don't expect that kind of free stuff, but going back to tee shirts would be best, and maybe a Valravn pin IMHO. We didn't even get anything from Rougarou this year which was strange. I'm looking forward to a new improved Coastermania in 2016!

Wow. You're complaining about free stuff. Coaster Enthusiasts have done it this time. I was gonna give you a free cookie, but now you have to pay $20.00.