TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

They are putting the second train onto the course now. Possibly more block checks to happen this afternoon/evening.

cp.thumb.jpg.75ec9741095b6a30628792b6cb219a09.jpg

Correction looks like they slid it over to the other transfer track (the one with only room for one train)... So could that mean the third train is onsite and ready to be placed on the track.

I'm just really amazed by how much space Disaster Transport and Space Spiral actually took up. The new area will definitely be more attractive than it has been in years! As for the station, I can't really complain. It's not done so I won't be making any judgements till it is finished along with the rest of improvements.

I had a lot of fun watching Diamondback test a few years ago. I don't think we're quite there yet in terms of activity level for me to start watching the web cam for Gatekeeper. I don't hate the station, at least it'll allow the breeze from the lake keep things cool in the summer. And really, none of the rides have elaborate stations at Cedar Point. Maverick is the the top of the line, maybe?

I had a lot of fun watching Diamondback test a few years ago. I don't think we're quite there yet in terms of activity level for me to start watching the web cam for Gatekeeper. I don't hate the station, at least it'll allow the breeze from the lake keep things cool in the summer. And really, none of the rides have elaborate stations at Cedar Point. Maverick is the the top of the line, maybe?

I think Millenium has the best station with TTD coming in 2nd.

The webcam links are down this morning. Top secret stuff going on???

Presumably, the relocation of the webcams mentioned by Tony a couple of weeks ago:

www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/I-Need-Your-Help

But it's probably also not coincidence it happened right around when testing is expected. Supposedly, this happened with Maverick too.

Look at the time that I made the post with that capture. 5:58pm. How in the world did the capture that I posted at 5:58pm when it was sunny outside turn to a night time capture?

Because that's the picture that gets updated by the webcam, so the picture is refreshing and always changing.

Look at the time that I made the post with that capture. 5:58pm. How in the world did the capture that I posted at 5:58pm when it was sunny outside turn to a night time capture?

You posted a direct link the image... instead you need to do a print screen or screen capture. Otherwise the direct link is going to change with the webcam.

I seem to remember something about a GateKeeper Media Day for May 9th, but I am having trouble finding the original post or any updates.

Thanks! - Sharon

All Cedar Point has told us so far is that Club TPR Members would be invited. We haven't gotten any more additional information. We'll keep you posted as soon as we get more details!

Hm... Now that you say that, don't think so. Millennium Force I think just finished its paint job last year, or maybe was finishing it this year, can't remember.

I think at this point, Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister are the coasters that haven't had a paint job yet. Everything else has been painted in the last few years. I don't know if any of the flats that have been painted lately, besides the major rehab going on at Cedar Downs. I'm assuming TTD and WT are next on the painting list, although I thought they would give WT a fresh coat since they're sprucing that whole area up with Gatekeeper. Would be a cheap one to paint too.

YOur Best bet will to get fast pass to do all the rides in one day with out killing your self. If not like they said get to gatekeeper first thing. But what i did last year was start at mavrick then over to mf, then get in line for ttd as the park opens then you have the three big rides out of the way. Wicked twister line is short most of the time but this year with gatekeepers the line may get longer. Raptors line is super short right before closing. Magnum i never wait more then 35 min.

Thank you!

I have a quick question, if I join Club TPR, do I get my membership number at that time? Just curious if I would need to wait for my actual membership card to arrive to sign up for the Gatekeeper Media Day.

After all, TPR is my favorite website by FAR, so I'd say it's about time I join the Club and support this awesome site!

I have a quick question, if I join Club TPR, do I get my membership number at that time? Just curious if I would need to wait for my actual membership card to arrive to sign up for the Gatekeeper Media Day.

After all, TPR is my favorite website by FAR, so I'd say it's about time I join the Club and support this awesome site!

So then join up and you will more than likely have the card in a couple days.......What are you waiting for?