Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, samsam1029 said:

I do understand what you're saying, but I just think a little differently. 

 

As long as you realize you're "thinking" about this the way an enthusiast would, not how a business would.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, boldikus said:

As long as you realize you're "thinking" about this the way an enthusiast would, not how a business would.

🤣 You do realize the "business thinking" just threw away their most popular event, right? 

I'm excited to check out the coasters they are building at Lost Island- they look fun, and only a few hours away....the business totally needs to think about this stuff!

Valleyfair's water park isn't bad at all, it's just small and that can make for long lines. Though it is excellent given it's included with the regular ticket price, not a separate park. 

But Valleyfair can't afford to lose Excalibur without a substantial replacement/investment of some kind. Otherwise reducing the dry park size is simply a poor look- when it comes to inviting customers to buy a ticket for the day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Business thinking 101. . .

Profits > Popular

From the outside, it may be popular but if it's not bringing in the revenue then. . .

Shut It Down 30 Rock GIF

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very true. But popular also means ticket sales- their main revenue source.

If they somehow figured out how to lose money with the size of crowds they were bringing in, that's a special kind of business sense. You can totally count me as the unwashed ignorant, in that particular case. 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, budtbum said:

Very true. But popular also means ticket sales- their main revenue source.

If they somehow figured out how to lose money with the size of crowds they were bringing in, that's a special kind of business sense. You can totally count me as the unwashed ignorant, in that particular case. 😆

Could have been primarily passholders, y'know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, budtbum said:

Very true. But popular also means ticket sales- their main revenue source.

If they somehow figured out how to lose money with the size of crowds they were bringing in, that's a special kind of business sense. You can totally count me as the unwashed ignorant, in that particular case. 😆

Bro, popular does NOT mean ticket sales when it's a free event to ALL current passholders.  They should bring it back in a few years as an upcharge like Carowinds and Knotts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I Agree- if that is the case. 

Valleyfair literally sold out- they were turning people away! (regular ticket sales AND season pass holders had limited spots) So if they had that kind of demand, and lost money, it actually makes my initial point. It's NOT business thinking!  🙃 Yet the business, threw it away. 🤔

I enjoy the shows, I enjoy the rides. Call me an enthusiast or businessman, and my basic answer is the same. More ticket sales should equal more rides and/or shows.  

It's an interesting question though- what draws in more people. The rides or the shows, and which ones? 

Then take it a step further- which do they come back additional times for, to get the repeat sales?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adventureland is a 3.5 hour drive from Valleyfair.

Also, they were not bought by Herschend Family Entertainment, they were bought by Palace which is a train wreck of a company.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/4/2022 at 9:26 AM, garyman6 said:

Not to my knowledge.  Where they were working seems to point out a bad wheel assemble that caused a lot of drag.  There were no dummies in the train either so that would have contributed to the valley with less weight in the train.

It has gotten stuck there before I know not long after it was put in, usually because it was too cold but they rectified that by heating under the trains in the station to keep the bearings warm and possibly using different grease I don’t recall but I’m surprised it still happens though other than the unusually cold weather recently

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2022 at 5:52 PM, coasterbill said:

Adventureland is a 3.5 hour drive from Valleyfair.

Also, they were not bought by Herschend Family Entertainment, they were bought by Palace which is a train wreck of a company.

Oh, Yes, My bad.  It was Palace. 

Let's not forget that Nick U. is also competition for Valleyfair plus the new 350K indoor waterpark cleared another huge hurdle and right now is scheduled to begin construction this summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2022 at 1:19 PM, jarmor said:

Bro, popular does NOT mean ticket sales when it's a free event to ALL current passholders.  They should bring it back in a few years as an upcharge like Carowinds and Knotts.

I am friends with the previous GM of Valleyfair.  He told me that Haunt was their MOST profitable time of the year.  So the argument that it was all passholders that didn't spend just doesn't hold water.  Still doesn't make sense why they dropped Haunt.  But I would be even more shocked if  they didn't bring it back especially after they see the significant drop in revenues with this new Halloween event.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, garyman6 said:

I am friends with the previous GM of Valleyfair.  He told me that Haunt was their MOST profitable time of the year.  So the argument that it was all passholders that didn't spend just doesn't hold water.  Still doesn't make sense why they dropped Haunt.  But I would be even more shocked if  they didn't bring it back especially after they see the significant drop in revenues with this new Halloween event.

Oh shit, we got someone above the Dippin' Dots guy!  Stop the presses!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2022 at 8:13 AM, garyman6 said:

I am friends with the previous GM of Valleyfair.  He told me that Haunt was their MOST profitable time of the year.  So the argument that it was all passholders that didn't spend just doesn't hold water.  Still doesn't make sense why they dropped Haunt.  But I would be even more shocked if  they didn't bring it back especially after they see the significant drop in revenues with this new Halloween event.

They are dropping Haunt temporarily to make way for the new giga coaster supports. Then after that they'll have the ability to reconfigure the mazes around the new coaster.😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For "not knowing anyone that goes to the waterpark after 2015", the area was and still is absolutely packed. 

Before COVID maybe 10 visits a summer I'd go to the waterpark and not ride a single dry ride, and even with filling in the area behind the beer stand it's still nearly impossible to find a recliner on a warm day. The other times I'd spend most of the day in the waterpark and maybe ride Wild Thing, Xtreme Swing, or the drop tower on the way out.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/