• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jew

• ebl

• robbalvey

• Tmcdllr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tells someone to keep politics out of it. Procedes to add politics. Typical 😄   As for SFMM, they're going to follow what is required by the state... At least on paper. So your sho

Swung by the park for a few hours to see how things would be in the covid world, and I have to say that magic mountain did a pretty good job. For those wondering, it appears the only checks for r

You must be new around here if you think I’m a “boot licker” for SFMM. 😂 I’m just someone who realizes covid enforcement is a joke everywhere now and understands that if you chose to go somewhere

Posted Images

Having looked over the Google Aerial maps of SFMM, I could see Viper join it's siblings in the scrapyard before too long: The land on the opposite side is way too open for a park that will need to look in that direction to expand in the next decade. Viper is a great plot-blocker, and occupies space that could be used for other projects in the future.

While I hate to see any coaster go (well, except MAYBE a TOGO), I could see Viper go away, and other rides fill in the space before too long.

^In theory, yes. However, Newhall Ranch and Land, or whatever the entity that holds the land is called has been reluctant to sell to the park. So in terms of expansion...at least for right now, is just within the middle of the park and dare I even say; the parking lot. But let me stress that before we start worrying about land around the park and ripping things out. THE PARK HAS PLENTY OF LAND TO WORK WITH. Deja Vu's old site, Flashback's old site, the north Superman hill (adjacent to Goldrusher) Log Jammer's old site. The stretch of Land behind Roaring Rapids from Viper to Deja Vu's old site and the space between X and Viper. These all all points that can be seen just from walking around. Who knows what land surveyors and engineers see.

The GoBigCam Girl gave us a hint for the 2013 attraction...sounds to be themed to a superhero...a girl superhero perhaps...maybe SFMM could be seeing some sort of Wonder Woman attraction...oh waitttt a minuteee..

Imo I think some are taking the Go Big Cam a little to literal, the theme of the video was to keep your New Years Resolution, Her resolution was to get into shape. By the end of the video after she has ran around the park exercising she stops in front of Wonder Women's golden lasso and says "I hope I look like that by 2013". She's referring to the giant cardboard cut out of Wonder Women, what women wouldn't want to look like that. Again this is just Imo but I really don't think SFMM plans is to put a Female Super hero theme Giga coaster in Log Jammers spot.

Edited by Gigalyte
^In theory, yes. However, Newhall Ranch and Land, or whatever the entity that holds the land is called has been reluctant to sell to the park. So in terms of expansion...at least for right now, is just within the middle of the park and dare I even say; the parking lot. But let me stress that before we start worrying about land around the park and ripping things out. THE PARK HAS PLENTY OF LAND TO WORK WITH. Deja Vu's old site, Flashback's old site, the north Superman hill (adjacent to Goldrusher) Log Jammer's old site. The stretch of Land behind Roaring Rapids from Viper to Deja Vu's old site and the space between X and Viper. These all all points that can be seen just from walking around. Who knows what land surveyors and engineers see.

Good point B&M! With all the recently removed rides they're good for awhile on new ride space. By the way I love your coasters...

Imo I think some are taking the Go Big Cam a little to literal, the theme of the video was to keep your New Years Resolution, Her resolution was to get into shape. By the end of the video after she has ran around the park exercising she stops in front of Wonder Women's golden lasso and says "I hope I look like that by 2013". She's referring to the giant cardboard cut out of Wonder Women, what women wouldn't want to like they that. Again this is just Imo but I really don't think SFMM plans is to put a Female Super hero theme Giga coaster in Log Jammers spot.
But it could mean ANYTHING! A Splash Battle, a new game similar to 3-Point Challenge, ANYTHING! A man powered Intamin, a women powered water ride, ANYTHING.

The only reason I'd give any credence to the Wonder Woman rumor is that it is a bunch of women in charge of the park right now, they may want to try and do some sort of girl power crap.

I know SFMM has a lot of land left in the park to build new coasters but if they wanted to could SFMM buy the empty land surrounding them for future use?

That land will shortly not be so empty. Check out the notice of intent sign at the current end of Magic Mountain Parkway, just past the entrance to the parking lot, and the new traffic signal that's recently been installed after the intersection at The Old Road.