TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Here's some photos from today. A few more will be coming later.

124.thumb.jpg.6cdb60cc7aa1b7409608231a9689ffcb.jpg

Green Lantern had a very short line all day today! The only line was a few minutes inside!

125.thumb.jpg.155e2aa807221f21d3143e779c1d0c55.jpg

More Green Lantern shortness! I love these days! It was almost like ERT! Other than X2.. But we will get to that later.

126.thumb.jpg.aee565bcc719272dabdf6d8025bfab36.jpg

One train operation on Scream! It was a bit longer than usual because of this.

127.thumb.jpg.d256b996788e3677408a0773e995ee24.jpg

Goliath was running 2 trains today, so it was a walk-on. Again, like ERT!

128.thumb.jpg.5b599da2bc933f98faf7f70cbdc03999.jpg

The midways were very empty today. It was like a ghost town. You will almost never see this, especially this area of the park.

129.thumb.jpg.feab216920e993b7e7bb89536975b8f1.jpg

This was the end of the line for X2 due to 1 train operation. It took about an hour to get on the ride. The line moved VERY slow!

130.thumb.jpg.2032f64ac3a38fd81df2edc434c5e3fe.jpg

The ramp on the side of the station took about 30 minutes to get through.

131.thumb.jpg.394ce3de4c5607ff5572d4098412a74d.jpg

The ride op managing this side of the station was filling the station to a four train wait inside the station, then would let the station empty until there was no one in it before he would let anyone else in. Then he would fill it again! It was an interesting plan. But this is what the empty station looks like.

More pics coming tomorrow! But overall pretty good day! And nothing has really changed inside the park except new station music for Riddlers and Goliath. X2's music was off, but the fire was on. Have a good night!

And nothing has really changed inside the park except new station music for Riddlers and Goliath.

So what is the new music like? I'm sure the Riddler's crew is happy about this!

Please expound on the Riddler's song! Haven't heard it!

Goliath has a new jungle-ish soundtrack that is very nice. Before the station just seemed kind of dead.

Wait, pardon me if I don't know something about 4D coasters or I missed something, but how can the train valley there...? Are there anti rollbacks there or something?

The train didn't valley there, it's being hoisted over the last raven, and being held in place by ropes. They're doing it this way so it can make it back to the transfers on its own. Much easier/quicker than disassembling the train.

Also I believe there are a set of brakes heading up that final raven turn.

Nope. Someone mentioned there was when the ride opened, but I don't remember that.

In regard to X2 valleying before the last raven: there was an instance where they physically "removed" a section of the track in that very spot to disassemble the train car by car and take it back up the hill to the storage transfers, but they haven't done that in a while. In fact there used to be a picture of the cut out track piece floating around here or other coaster sites for some time. Pretty interesting to say the least.

And nothing has really changed inside the park except new station music for Riddlers and Goliath.

So what is the new music like? I'm sure the Riddler's crew is happy about this!

Please expound on the Riddler's song! Haven't heard it!

Goliath has a new jungle-ish soundtrack that is very nice. Before the station just seemed kind of dead.

When I went last week, it sounded kind of similar to the Batman station. Don't remember exactly what it sounded like, but it was pretty cool I thought .

Nice TR, I'm was kind of worried that X2 would be closed for longer, but it looks like they got it up and running, albeit 1 train. Hopefully it will be this empty when I go on Feb 26. Is it usually crowded in February?

I'm very curious as well... I'll be going on my birthday (Feb. 25th).

When I went last week, it sounded kind of similar to the Batman station. Don't remember exactly what it sounded like, but it was pretty cool I thought .

That sounds like it would be more like the Riddler themes from Batman Forever? Those play in the Batman station sometimes. Was it a techno song?

Looks like Colossus won't be getting the Rocky Mountain treatment in 2013. According to Screamscape, their two 2013 projects are Fiesta Texas getting the NTAG treatment on Rattler, and Silver Dollar City getting a brand new wooden coaster.

Who said Colossus couldn't get the same refurbishment as well..? The Rattler's been confirmed for getting refurbishment though.... But still, be on the lookout...

Edited by galindoverhere