TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I can't wait until they announce more about this year's WCB! Hopefully it will be as good as it was in previous years. But other than WCB, I would recommend that you find a good order to ride the rides. Also, go on the random days it is open that people don't always know it is open. Columbus Day (October 10th) was great. So was the day before Thanksgiving. The week before Christmas is great, but the week after is packed. Avoid Summer weekends at all costs. Summer weekdays are moderate.

Anyways back to relative "SFMM Terms" any advice on how to spend a good day there?

Go to WCB. There is no better way to have a good day at the park.

Yeah, I agree.

I've been going to SFMM since '09, and would also agree with what others are saying: avoid Saturdays, and go during the week when it's summer time.

Any particular questions about SFMM?

I just wanted to suggest running to Green Lantern first over X2 or Tatsu if it's not a very crowded day. You'll be able to get a bunch of rides in on Green Lantern before the line even gets down the stairs, while it's pretty much a one-and-done on X2 (I'm not too sure about Tatsu, but it's probably also crowded early on), and you can hit up X2 or Tatsu around 4 or 5PM, which I've noticed is the "sweet spot," as far as being the shortest wait throughout the day, besides right when the park opens.

^^ I just have one question about Hurricane Harbor, is Mr. Six's play area the newest attraction added to Hurricane Harbor? Because I went there last summer, and it seemed (to me at least) that the park needed a new slide. They already have a lot of slides and things to do there, it just seems that SFMM is getting all the new stuff, and Hurricane Harbor is not really getting that many new attractions as the other SF water parks are recieving.

Sad times! There goes my chance to ride it reversed this year. I guess there's another reason to go back next year!

Its not gonna be closed the whole year...just while Drop of Doom is being constructed, and probably some time after to test the two together.

I know that. I'm only going for WCB so this will be the only chance I get to ride it this year... But I can wait another year.

I just wanted to suggest running to Green Lantern first over X2 or Tatsu if it's not a very crowded day. You'll be able to get a bunch of rides in on Green Lantern before the line even gets down the stairs, while it's pretty much a one-and-done on X2 (I'm not too sure about Tatsu, but it's probably also crowded early on), and you can hit up X2 or Tatsu around 4 or 5PM, which I've noticed is the "sweet spot," as far as being the shortest wait throughout the day, besides right when the park opens.

Yes, but only do Green Lantern first if it is an emptier day. And have at least 3 people. Or else they might make you wait until more show up, which could be like 10 minutes in the morning. And yes, X2 is usually shorter around 3-5 pm. I went on January 3rd, and in the morning the X2 line was out the entrance (not using any queues though). I checked back at around 1 PM and the line was to the end of the large queue area by the lift hill. The line stopped at the end of the first switchback. Then when I went in at about 3:30, you could almost walk up to where they split you to the stairs or the ramp. The end was right under the big X2 logo. The wait went down from about an hour to 15 minutes in about 2 hours! That's crazy!