TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

This looks very promising. 48" height requirement is good too. My only concern is the length of time S:EFK is going to have to be closed while tower is modified to accommodate Lex Luthor.....

Granted I would assume the majority of work would be done during the days the park is closed.

Edited by DJeXeL

Imagine how freaky it will be if Superman launches at the exact moment you ascend the top of the tower. That will be an experience in itself.

In Australia, when that happens the tower shakes a little bit. And even the slightest bit...feels like a LOT.

My heart is already racing - anxiety building, stomach fluttering. The RUSH as I finally stagger off 400 vertical feet of drop tower with a lopsided smile. Epic!

I've come to treasure such feelings, as they're rare. Tatsu was the last ride that did it, that feeling you could plummet to your doom on that towering lift, and then the world rocked in the disorienting gravity well at the bottom of the enormous pretzel loop. Although I305 in the dark came close.

Can't wait!

Is it an Intamin drop tower? It's hard to tell from the video, but I don't see what else it could be. This is exciting! Actually, the hint they gave a week ago was way more obvious than we all thought! LOL!

Intamin is the manufacturer according to the park's spec sheet.

^A new churro cart

OMG this looks freaking AMAZING! I LOVE to HATE drop towers because thy scare the crap out of me! Anyone that was on the North East Trip last month and sat with me on any of the MULTIPLE drop towers know just how LOUD I scream on them. Knowing this one will be over 400 feet tall makes me want to make a trip to cali just for this.

^It's being designed by Intamin.........of course it will work. What kind of question is that?!?

In the slim chance that it doesn't work, Intamin makes sure their attractions at least look fun.

Edited by DJeXeL

^Hopefully they'll get rid of, if not refurbish the surrounding buildings. I think the entrance will be on the DC Universe side of the tower, since I don't see them connecting it to the midway next to Food Etc. The guest relations building will probably have to go, and I like your idea of making the arcade into a queue.