Knoebels Discussion Thread

Page 350: 2017 new ride announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I poke manatees in the butt.

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby Jcoaster » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Oh yes, please. Give me all the Knoebels wonderfulness.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby bert425 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:51 pm

ooo. . is it a zipper???

(but seriously, maybe they got such good response to the double ferris wheel they had, that they purchased one???)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:29 pm

There unfortunately was no response to the Sky Wheel...they were never able to open it. :(
Having said that, this video from Skyline Attractions shows a Lego model of a Crazy Couch that Rick Knoebel built for IAAPA...maybe this might be it?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Knoebels announces new ride

Elysburg – Knoebels Amusement Resort officials announced today that a new ride will be ready for the 2017 season.

Over The Top, which is scheduled for a late spring or early summer debut as the only ride of its kind set for operation in the state this year, will reach more than 21 feet in height when in operation. It will provide riders with an over the top motion while standing and will send riders both clockwise and counterclockwise, according to a press release provided by park spokesperson Stacy Ososkie.

The ride drawing is featured in the 2017 park brochure, which debuted at the Pennsylvania Farm Show in Harrisburg this weekend.

America’s largest free-admission amusement park announced that the addition is brand new, but longtime visitors might recognize some characteristics of a former ride. According to Dick Knoebel, the ride, which has been given the name by Knoebels, stood out to the Knoebel family at an industry expo in November.

“One of the reasons it caught our attention is that it gives riders a sensation similar to that of the old Flying Cages,” said Knoebel. “In addition, we received the stamp of approval from younger family members who never experienced the Cages and still spoke highly of the thrill.”

Knoebel is referring to the Flying Cages, or Cages, that operated at Knoebels from 1964 until the park’s Handstamp Building was constructed in 1986. A rider was challenged to shift their weight back and forth inside the cage, while standing, in an attempt to make the cage go ‘over the top.’ Visitors can find one of the original Cages in the Knoebels History Museum, and during its Hallo-Fun event, when a Cage reemerges as a decoration.

Though riders will not be tasked with propelling the new ride, the ‘over the top’ motion will be part of the rider experience, as will the fact that riders will be standing. The ride will have a Cages-like theme at Knoebels, and will move both clockwise and counterclockwise.

Ososkie said Over the Top will be located in the area of Wipeout, Fandango, Cub Cars rides, and the Monkey Madness game.

“There was a lot of interest on our Facebook teaser posts questioning whether or not we’re removing anything to make way for the new ride,” said Ososkie. “Visitors might notice some repositioning, but we’re happy to have enough space to keep everything and will hopefully bring even more interest to all of the other fun to be had in that area.”

Visitors need to be at least 48 inches in height to ride Over the Top.

The Daily Item (who?)

As soon as I saw this thing I figured they had a good chance of buying it because of it's similarity to the flying cages... I can't wait to try it out!

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm especially glad to see they didn't have to remove anything to make room for it.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:04 am

I can totally see Moreys getting one of these things too. Themed to surfing and all.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:56 am

I was also hoping for the double ferris wheel, but this certainly looks interesting. Not sure if my acid reflux would take kindly to it, but it would be a fun ride to watch.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby neil009 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:29 pm

One of my favorite things about stand-up coasters is the feeling of going upside down while standing. I think you feel it a lot more because you have a higher center of gravity, or something. So I look forward to trying this!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:45 pm

neil009 wrote:One of my favorite things about stand-up coasters is the feeling of going upside down while standing. I think you feel it a lot more because you have a higher center of gravity, or something. So I look forward to trying this!

These don't go upside-down or anything. It's supposed to be a tame family ride. I still think it seems fun though, since it's like an upgraded version of those moby dick rides.
Top 3 Parks: Knoebels, Cedar Point, Kennywood
Top 3 Steel Coasters: Phantom's Revenge, Intimidator 305, Fury 325
Top 3 Wood Coasters: El Toro, Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 3 Flat Rides: Knoebels Flyers, Black Widow, Zipper
Top 3 Water Rides: Coal Cracker, Escape From Pompeii, Splash Mountain
161 coasters

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby neil009 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

I Like Theme Parks. wrote:
neil009 wrote:One of my favorite things about stand-up coasters is the feeling of going upside down while standing. I think you feel it a lot more because you have a higher center of gravity, or something. So I look forward to trying this!

These don't go upside-down or anything. It's supposed to be a tame family ride. I still think it seems fun though, since it's like an upgraded version of those moby dick rides.

What park has one of these? Is there video somewhere?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!