Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

P. 32- Final Report! Cruise, Greece, Rome & Two Italy Parks!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby Werner » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Looks like you guys are having a blast around Europe! Great TR's so far, keep them coming. :lover:

And the Dutch fanboys are some of the worst i know. Most of the times they just go too far, it makes me sad being Dutch myself sometimes.

Now let's get back to having fun in the USA myself! :airtime: :airtimer:

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:06 pm

boldikus wrote:Awesome stuff so far, as always. That last park looks awesome - I wanna Boat Jump! :b

You might lose your love of Skull Mountain after you experience real air time on a boat jump
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Garet » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:27 am

^ There used to be one of those in Wicksteed Park, not far from my Dad's house and it alone was worth the price of a wristband, too bad it's gone now.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:59 am

larrygator wrote:
boldikus wrote:Awesome stuff so far, as always. That last park looks awesome - I wanna Boat Jump! :b

You might lose your love of Skull Mountain after you experience real air time on a boat jump

:lol: Never!
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick / El Toro / Skyrush / I305 / Phantoms Revenge /
Millennium Force / Storm Runner / Nitro / Volcano / Griffon

TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / Hershey / SFA

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Garet » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:32 am

I don't get why a park wouldn't have their express pass shops open, especially one that offers them online in advance. Surely even when it's quiet the option should be there since I bet there are people willing to spend their money regardless. Most parks I've visited when it would be fairly quiet and I've looked into buying one the staff have told me I may not need it if I wanted to save money and advised me on expected wait-times but still allowed me the option of buying one.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:51 am

Jakizle wrote:Wow, that looks so much fun! The video of Elissa pedaling up Kristen is amazing :lmao:

Disagree!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:42 am

Nrthwnd wrote:I think these kinds of parks would be great for the non-exercising adults, too. (i.e. me)

I mean, really have FUN, while you power everything up with your body, feet, arms, etc.

NRTHWND -
I so totally agree with you!!! I HATE standard exercise, but even as an aging baby boomer, I LOVE adventurous activities. I can really see a park like Potts taking off among fun-minded adults. PLUS being a perfect way of keeping the body agile. Kick-scooters have caught on very big in the city, and taking mine down hills is a fun way of simulating skiing - my fave sport. Down with gyms! Up with adventure parks! :b

Alice

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Blatch » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Holy schnikes... what an amazing series of TRs. The one for Walibi probably impressed me the most. Lost Gravity looks amazing, with its ability to combine great airtime elements with inversions, and I like the little SkyRush-esque thing they have goin' on with those trains.

Alas, these are great parks that I'll probably never be able to visit, at least for a long time. But hey, it definitely beats shouting into the aether like a bunch of buffoons.
I said some stupid thing a long time ago and I got banned for it, but I'm sorry.

My home park is the one at Canobie Lake. In other words, Yankee Cannonball is god. :airtime:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:14 pm

You can follow our trip LIVE on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThemeParkReview

Today was Heide Park. I'm going to rant for a little bit here...

I wish I could report that we had an awesome day at this park as we have during several visit in the past. But it was really just "ok" today. The park most certainly seems to be shifting from a really nice family-oriented park to becoming the "Thorpe Park of Germany." First of all, the lack of use of their virtual queue system or any of the single rider lines saying their reasoning was "it's not a busy day" when lines for the major attractions were between 30-90 minutes all day today was just very annoying. Why would you NOT run your upcharge virtual queue system??? It makes the park money!!!

The ops were also not amazing. We saw quite a bit of line jumping than in the past. And overall, it was just a day that wasn't without frustration. The park still looks really nice and they have a decent selection of rides, but it really *felt* like a very different park, and I'm not sure I like this new direction. Anyway, onto some photos...

So today we visited @HeideParkResort. Beautifully landscaped park with some decent coasters.

Rode Krake @HeideParkResort during hotel ERT and it's awesome! Yes it's short but it's a really good Dive Coaster!

Love the theming on Krake! The water splash & airtime are great too!

I'm all for rides where you get eaten by a sea monster! lol Love this theming!

The wait time for Colossos @HeideParkResort is up to 60 minutes. Express & single rider lines closed. WHY???!

Virtual queue @HeideParkResort was closed due to "low crowds" but major rides were 30-90 min. Park was packed.

Colossos was a bit bumpier but still a great ride! Wish we didn't have to wait 60 min though.

Limit was closed today @HeideParkResort. Not that some of us really minded. ;)

The "wurst station" is right in front of the SLC! How fitting! :) lol

Line for Desert Race was insane. Shame the virtual queue was closed. I skipped this one.

Kristen had fun on the driving school!

There not a sign saying you can't go in the water so this is fine, right? ;)

Is this basically advertising "come bang your chick in a VW bus an the holiday camp???" They used to advertize the holiday came to families to come and "camp out" and now it seems like they are pushing it like a spring break-like teenage hook-up camp.

We checked out the "shaggin wagons" @HeideParkResort holiday camp and it's just a bed in the back of the car! Rent by the hour? lol :) But seriously, this is a perfect example of the "new direction" the park feels like it's going in. The holiday camp was just filled with young people drinking and partying. It didn't seem "Family friendly" at all.

The slides @HeideParkResort are still pretty awesome!

The new ride/area @HeideParkResort this year was an existing boat ride re-themed to How to Train Your Dragon.

sarah dragon.jpg

Sarah got her pic with Toothless and these other dudes. Now she has German lice! lol

Some views of @HeideParkResort from the sky tower!

Now *THAT* is an awesomely themed B&M Dive Machine! OMNOMNOM!!!

There's not a sign that says "no climbing on roller coaster" so according to Internet logic we can do it right? ;)

The park is very pretty & well landscaped. Again, I wish more US parks looked like this.

We rode "Big Loop." We got line jumped by these two kids because the station is a confusing mess. And yes, that a picture showing how the loading gates don't match up with the train. People kept trying to get into wrong seats, etc. It was just a total mess.

This is the shortest the Colossos line has been all day. 30 minutes. Why isn't @HeideParkResort using their Q-Bot?

A few pics of the newish Wing Rider @HeideParkResort. It's on par with all the other B&M Wing Riders.

Was an interesting visit to @HeideParkResort. Park seems to be catering less to families than in the past. Not sure I'm a huge fan of this new direction.

You can follow our trip LIVE on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThemeParkReview
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:24 am.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Alex1337 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:58 pm

That's just stupid.. Why even have a Q-bot system then? Heide-Park really looks more and more like a one-and-done park, sadly. Still some great themed areas and as you mention, decent rides.. Still really wouldn't bother to go down there anytime soon. Are you heading for Hansa Park and Schwur des Kärnan anytime soon? In that case, enjoy a ride that'll kick your butts! :devil:
Alex Poulsen, danish rollercoaster fanatic, settled in Copenhagen, pretty much born and raised in BonBon-Land.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!