Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

P. 32- Final Report! Cruise, Greece, Rome & Two Italy Parks!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby peptoabysmal » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Parisian here, http://www.bouillon-chartier.com/en/ is good for dinner and family friendly. :) - Hope the rest of the trip goes well!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:46 pm

TBpony414 wrote:KT looks great in her glasses! Is the 4th person with you another friend or family member? I must have missed her name somewhere but she looks familiar. Her hair color screams "summer's here so let's have some fun!"

KT does look really good in glasses

The fourth person is a family friend from Florida; she has been in quite a few trip reports.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:13 pm

robbalvey wrote:This wall of text is going to be a rant...

Today we took a wonderful private group tour of the Paris Catacombs with a very informative Italian tour guide. He was awesome!

However, this small 18 person tour reminded me of exactly why I can never be a tour guide again and had to stop doing our public tours before I would go legit insane from my pure hatred of most people.

Many years ago, my twin sister and my mother did a tour of the Paris Catacombs, and they arrived so early that they were the only two people on the tour. They had a wonderful opportunity to see this eerie attraction in such an atmospheric 'silence.' I remember them saying that the chilling 'quiet' of the historic tombs totally enhanced their experience. So...I totally empathize with how a rowdy crowd could detract from your enjoyment of your tour there.
By the way, one thing they ALSO experienced was the fun of a tour guide who was enjoying his favorite 'tipple' when they arrived. (And it wasn't a Starbucks!) ;) He was in a GREAT mood and gave them a tour 'extraordinaire!") Enjoy the rest of your trip! :mickey:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:07 pm

So some culture from today...

Today we are doing "Paris Stuff." So follow along for some random culture credits!

We are about to head into the Paris Catacombs to see the REAL haunted mansion!

Paris catacombs are pretty darn cool! Reminds me of the old Dueling Dragons queue! :)

It was cool being in a place where one of the rules is "don't touch the skulls!" lol

Had our first legit European pizza of the trip! Delicious!

Next stop... Quite possibly the most famous museum in the world! Anyone know where we are?

Yup, we are at Le Louvre today checking out all kinds of cool art stuff!

That's right, we are partying it up with this pretty famous Italian chick at Le Louvre!

Chloe Martin was a fantastic Louvre guide! Kristen had the best time! We highly recommend @parismusetours! Thank you!

Culture credit goal completed! Achievement unlocked!

Tomorrow we are back at Disneyland Paris!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Really love the aesthetic of DLP
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby LeoBruz199 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:05 am

I liked DLP when I went last year, but I have to say, it really left me underwhelmed. When I went with my school trip in June, we couldn't go to the Studios park, which already was a bummer due to the missed credits on ToT, Rock n' Roller Coaster and Crush's Coaster, and when we first got to the park, both BTM and Space Mountain were shut down. BTM reopened later, but apparently, SM wasn't going to open until late July. It was fine, but it left me wanting more. The parade at the end totally made up for it all, though.

Can't wait for the rest of the TR! Are you guys gonna go to Italy too? I might be there!
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby Turtle Wax » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:04 am

robbalvey wrote:People just can't quietly enjoy something without having to feel so important and blurt out factoids, corrections, organize their own personal agenda around ours, brag about their personal coaster counts, and other pointless inane crap that they think everyone cares about but nobody does.

I laughed so hard at this after just experiencing something similar at Holiwood Nights last weekend. Walking up to the Saturday night dinner there was some kid standing there and I walk by wearing a Magnum XL-200 shirt hear him say in one of the most annoying voices I've ever heard "I know Magnum XL-200; the world's first hyper coaster." I just gave him a thumbs up and continued walking thinking "what enthusiast doesn't know what Magnum is?". Then he blurts out "Also worst restraints on a roller coaster ever." That's the point I got really annoyed. No one cares dude. But I just gave him another thumbs up, kept my mouth shut and kept walking.
-Bryan
1165 Magnum XL-200 Laps in 2010!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TDR62 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:49 am

TBpony414 wrote:It's nice to see pictures of DLP as I haven't seen much of anything from the park before. However, it's sad to hear your review of it and how visitors disregard rules, cut lines, etc. That kind of thing and stupid a$$hole tourists on tours makes me absolutely crazy.

At some point I need to get around to posting the last few years of trips; hopefully I can add a couple more photos to the great ones that Robb and Elissa have taken here.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:55 am

I hate you guys, why did you have to post pictures of French pastries?

Enjoy the trip, you'll be out of Paris shortly.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:04 am

The pic of the 3 girls in front of Le Louvre is one to frame, as is the selfie of the 4 of you with La Tour Eiffel in the background. Big smiles all around! I wrote down the name of the pizza place you went to as it looks amazing. Do you happen to know what arrondissement it was in?

Thanks for confirming, Larry!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!