Playland Castaway Cove (OC, NJ) announces Gale Force

P. 45: Gale Force now officially open!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Playland Castaway Cove (OC, NJ) announces Gale Force

Postby boldikus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:33 am

willh51 wrote:Anyone ridden the newly rebuilt Gale Force?

A friend (who is on this board but rarely posts) did the other day and took to FB to post about it. I don't believe he had ridden it prior to its retracking(?) but he did say something like he wasn't sure what just happened but he liked it.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:09 pm

Gale Force is absolutely demented and everything I could have hoped for and then some. People seriously
think this is a bad coaster? We freaking loved it. Also that Miler they built around it is far far better than it has any right to be. Full report forthcoming.
IMG_20180805_152343_797.jpg

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:19 pm

^Looking forward to your report! I’ve been fascinated by Gale Force since it’s conception. It looks totally bonkers in the best way. So much more interesting to me that the Sky Rocket II models.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:19 pm

^^^ Yeah, again... trip report on the way but Brit and I rode with Boldikus and felt the same way.

Gale Force is awesome. It’s very smooth, the transitions are ridiculously wonky and awesome and overall the ride is nuts. I had no idea what to expect going in and it blew all of our expectations away.

And yeah, Wild Waves is great. It’s a Miller and reasonable expectations are key but for what it is it’s a total blast. We actually got some super fun pops of air and riding in what feels like a kiddy coaster train down full size coaster drops is just way too much fun.

Oh, and that “Tropical Storm” ride.... WHAT CRACK ADDICT DESIGNED THAT AND THOUGHT HUMANS SHOULD RIDE IT??? That ride is sick. I love it. :lol:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:41 pm

Haha, glad you guys liked Gale Force. I thought it was really fun myself, definitely one of the better ones on the Jersey Shore.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:00 pm

^^ That describes Tropical Storm perfectly! I didn't realize a ride could spin so fast that it caused you to start lifting out of your seat, but Tropical Storm did that.

Glad Gale Force is riding well after they retracked the whole thing. Finally sounds like Playland has what they paid for at long last.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!