TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Playland's Castaway Cove Discussion Thread

Hartley said Playland held a contest on Facebook in which people submitted name ideas for the second coaster. Hartley said the company narrowed them down to five potential names this week – RumRunner, SurfRider, The RedRaider, WaveRunner and WildWaves.

I guess my none of my names were chosen.

I don't remember the specific names I suggested, but all my suggestions mentioned Surf, Runner, Dune, Rider or Waves.

Well it looks like they have been pouring more footers. Possibly for the station or maybe for the kiddie coaster going around Gale Force? Other than that just a few more supports have gone up but no track or anything really exciting yet.

playland.thumb.jpg.89707a5d3288e05a1ad67c51c59540b7.jpg

^ Don't worry about posting updates, any updates are worth it.

I find this a little more of an interesting build than Valravn or any other B&M construction.

Just don't know the order that they will build it, not unlike a B&M which is brakes, station, lift and then the rest or the course.

^ LOL there is activity if you look closely at the webcams, people are moving about on the ground, I guess they are just not working high up with the wind and rain. Chance for T-storms today too. Kind of lame to see a halt to the progress but it looks like the rain is going to break tomorrow so hopefully we'll see some more movement.

The rain has cleared and we have a giant piece of track being installed right now. #geekout

edit: OK maybe not, there seems to be some confusion @ the construction site as to what to do with that piece LMAO

GALE15.thumb.jpg.2d9aa503adc962eebf9b059ea24715b4.jpg

Edited by boldikus