TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

There's construction being done in Coney Mall across from the Racer that is suspected to be where the BBQ place is going on. It's all rumors and KI fan chit chat right now, so who knows if that's where they're going to put it.

Thanks. Is there any stock to the rumored cars ride return, or was that complete BS?

There's construction being done in Coney Mall across from the Racer that is suspected to be where the BBQ place is going on. It's all rumors and KI fan chit chat right now, so who knows if that's where they're going to put it.

Thanks. Is there any stock to the rumored cars ride return, or was that complete BS?

The antique cars? It's a staple rumor every time there's construction

But hey they gave their flyers to Carowinds and then ended up getting a replacement, so it's possible, but not as plausible due to the footprint. I'd love to see a flume upgrade and bring the sky ride back but now we're in la la land, haha.

Whew it's been awhile since Ive been on here lol. Just wanted to give an update on somethings being done at the park.

The work in Coney Mall looks to be for a resturaunt (duh).26167182_1785152578182648_2314856430271495879_n.jpg.bd20d4feaf4ed82ed894c9d8f143b7ee.jpg

As seen from December 30th. The last day for winterfest!

Link to the post with this picture

In other words, a certain little hyper is getting these WONDERFUL new seats...(insert mold and everything else now).

DTG8n-FXcAUAkgL.thumb.jpg.61f54b026aa9b0b0f6607855e597e50a.jpg

Lastly, Dino's was removed quickly as the company that the dino's where RENTED from came and shipped them all back to China. Whatever (well hush hush about that now) is going on back there, the park does not seem to be taking it's time.

Edited by drummermattk

#itscoming

If you start teasing a giga and it doesn't come true I'm going to hate you for life.

Also, thanks for the pics. I wish D-back would keep the old seats. It was fun reading all of the TR's which raved about how great KI was, but the experience was almost ruined by Diamondback's "disgusting" - aka just faded, seats. I love seeing people get butt hurt over the small stuff.

Edited by prozach626

#itscoming

If you start teasing a giga and it doesn't come true I'm going to hate you for life.

That, pictures of Diamondback trains in the off season, confirming a BBQ restaurant... dude you do know KI PR browses this site, right? You've got links to your personal socials right next to your post

Eh. He's posted some somewhat risky material before and hasn't been busted. Is the BBQ joint supposed to be that much of a surprise? (not being a smartass. Legit question)

Edited by prozach626

#itscoming

Also, thanks for the pics. I wish D-back would keep the old seats. It was fun reading all of the TR's which raved about how great KI was, but the experience was almost ruined by Diamondback's "disgusting" - aka just faded, seats. I love seeing people get butt hurt over the small stuff.

It didn't effect the experience, but goddamn were they ugly! So were the clamshells.

If it ever comes, I'm almost certain it will be a B&M. They have a strong relationship with Cedar Fair right now. Why wouldn't they go with another B&M after the success of Leviathan and most definitely Fury 325. Fury may not be as intense as I305, but it's an insanely kick ass ride that enthusiasts and the general public can ride over and over again without it being too much.

I could see KI trying out a T-Rex, eventually, but that might come at the cost of replacing Vortex. Regardless, I really don't think we'll see another coaster in this park for years. There's just no need for one at this point. I'd rather they stay focused on updating and maintaining. The new restaurant is a plus.

I could see KI trying out a T-Rex, eventually, but that might come at the cost of replacing Vortex. Regardless, I really don't think we'll see another coaster in this park for years.

This. While I don't see a T-Rex, I would personally love to see the next coaster at KI be a modern sit down looper to replace Vortex. Sorry Arrow fans, it's just time for that ride to go... I wouldn't mind it being a T-Rex, but I see a Mack or Gerstlauer being a better possibility.

As for a Giga, I do think KI will get one in the future. However, probably not within the next 5-10 years. But if I'm wrong I'll gladly eat my words and ride the s*** out of it!

I also speak about Vortex with a lot of ignorance. I don't know the shape of the trains or the track, but I'm speculating strictly based on the fact that the old breed of the giant arrow coasters are getting less and less. I know we all talk about it, because it's fun to talk about. But again, I really don't see it happening for a long period of time. KD is a big park and look how long it took them to get any kind of new coaster.

Despite their giga, I believe KI has an even better lineup than KD did before the renovation of Hurler, so I think KI will remained the same for quite a while. Now, I wouldn't be shocked if the park eventually gets a new giga, but if it would come before 10-15 years, I would be surprised. There's just no current need. I think Diamondback does a great job of filling the big boy shoes. KD didn't even have a hyper before I305. Carowinds was looking for something to break their standard of mostly really mediocre roller coasters.

PS- I edited this about ten times...