Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1010: Final piece of Yukon Striker track installed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby williamj2543 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:32 pm

Not sure if Canada's Wonderland is really the place to get an on-site hotel. Most of the other CF parks with much more established and wellrounded rides don't even have on-site hotels. I think CW is just mostly people from the area and Toronto, its not really bringing in the international visitors.
Top 10: 1. Twisted Colossus 2. X2 3. Maverick 4. Top Thrill Dragster 5. El Toro 6. Millenium Force 7. Montu 8. Tatsu 9. Magnum Xl-200, 10. YOLOcoaster

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:45 am

williamj2543 wrote:its not really bringing in the international visitors.

Well that's the point of adding a hotel, to bring in visitors from overseas as well as encouraging people to stay on site.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:37 am

I don't think bringing in visitors from overseas is a realistic expectation, but bringing in additional revenue for those making the trek down from Ottawa, Kingston, or even Montreal probably is. They're not gonna build a 600 room hotel resort - they'll build something probably akin to a Towneplace Suites but with Canada's Wonderland branding. It seems entirely reasonable to me.

Postby williamj2543 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:16 pm

RyanTPM wrote:
williamj2543 wrote:its not really bringing in the international visitors.

Well that's the point of adding a hotel, to bring in visitors from overseas as well as encouraging people to stay on site.

I'm being realistic, no one is coming across seas JUST for Canada's Wonderland. There are literally dozens of better vacation opportunities available like Disneyland, Disneyworld, Universal Studios, etc.

Also, CW is more of a day park, even without a fast pass you can get done all the main rides in a day. Also since most of their customers come from Toronto or the surrounding areas, no one is going to shell out 200+$ per night rather than just taking the go-train or bus home.
Top 10: 1. Twisted Colossus 2. X2 3. Maverick 4. Top Thrill Dragster 5. El Toro 6. Millenium Force 7. Montu 8. Tatsu 9. Magnum Xl-200, 10. YOLOcoaster

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BigBad » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:39 pm

Overseas is a stretch, but bringing in Americans from a few hours away isn't so crazy. New York, Boston, Chicago, and Philly are all long but reasonable drives, but certainly not close enough that many people are going to leave home, hit the park, and return home in one day. The rides are all about 8 hours.

Even in Canada, Montreal and Quebec City are 5 and 8 hours away, respectively. That's a bit much for most people to do in one day, but to drive in and stay on site and then leave the next day would be nice.

Postby williamj2543 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:57 pm

Sure but the very small minority of people that are doing that will just stay 5 minutes down the road at the local hotel and just drive in.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BigBad » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:59 pm

I'm not convinced of that. Staying right at the park could have some perks. Dollywood has some good deals.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Location: In the lair of the demons undergoing a beastly transformation somebody help me now

Postby hesukaheadRBLX » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:05 pm

Plus turning the park into a resort would be more appealing to thrill-seekers... some parks like CP have an ERT system due to the hotels which mean that more thrill seekers get more time which brings in more people who will tell more of their friends and family and it all repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats,
Just your everyday demon who loves bananas and I won't drain your soul if you give me one of those marvellous fruits ok too late :devil:

Postby williamj2543 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:34 pm

hesukaheadRBLX wrote:Plus turning the park into a resort would be more appealing to thrill-seekers... some parks like CP have an ERT system due to the hotels which mean that more thrill seekers get more time which brings in more people who will tell more of their friends and family and it all repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats, repeats,

I think at CW we have seasons pass nights, not sure about mornings. Although a couple years ago at least I remembered getting into the waterpark early too.

But due to the fact that we only really have 2-3 rides worth travelling across the globe (Vortex is a real classic and one of the only ones left), I doubt that CW would be really the number 1 destination.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby rtilley93 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:19 am

CANADA'S WONDERLAND TO ADD WET & WILD THRILLS WITH TWO NEW ATTRACTIONS IN 2017

VAUGHAN, ON, Aug. 26, 2016 /CNW/ - Canada's Wonderland announced today it will be showcasing two new unique and adrenaline-pumping attractions in 2017. With the addition of towering water slides in Splash Works and a new thrill ride that will be the first of its kind in North America, guests will experience two exhilarating parks and one memorable 2017 season.

Muskoka Plunge, a 60 ft. (18 m) tall waterslide complex featuring four speed slides, will kick-off the summer fun in Splash Works. Riders will feel the adrenaline rush when they step into an enclosed launch chamber and suddenly plummet into a high-speed free fall through S-curves and 360° loops at speeds of approximately 40 km/h.

For thrill-seekers that prefer to stay dry, Canada's Wonderland will be adding to its arsenal of world-class thrill rides with Soaring Timbers. This unique ride experience will send guests spiraling through the sky on two massive rotating gondolas that swing riders through sweeping arcs while rotating 360 degrees.

Canada's Wonderland has also recently announced a limited time offer on 2017 Season Passes for only $68.99 ($21.00 less than the current Season Pass price). As an additional benefit to purchasing next year's Season Pass now, new Passholders will receive one free visit this year and renewing Passholders will receive one free 2016 Fast Lane Plus pass, valid for one day this season.

For more information visit canadaswonderland.com.

Canada's Wonderland is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FUN." In addition to Canada's Wonderland, Cedar Fair owns and operates 10 other amusement parks, two water parks, one indoor water park, and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in California under a management contract.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/canadas-wonderland-to-add-wet--wild-thrills-with-two-new-attractions-in-2017-591385711.html
20160826_C2681_PHOTO_EN_760105.jpg
The new Muskoka Plunge water slides coming to Canada's Wonderland in 2017.
20160826_C2681_PHOTO_EN_760107.jpg
Soaring Timbers, the first ride of its kind in North America, set to debut at Canada's Wonderland in 2017.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!