Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 935: Copperhead Strike construction photos posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby pproteinc » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:40 am

There you have it people!!

https://www.carowinds.com/plants-vs-zombies/?mobile=0

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare: 3Z Arena
Coming to Carowinds in Spring 2016

Carowinds and PopCap Games, creator of some of the world's most beloved video game franchises, and an Electronic Arts Inc. studio are leading the charge as innovators in the amusement park industry by announcing a new digital experience. Carowinds will open the world's first intra-active 3-D game experience, Plants vs Zombies™ Garden Warfare: 3Z Arena, in spring 2016 - adding to the park's family line-up of thrills for all ages.

Plants vs Zombies Ride

The new attraction, exclusive to Carowinds, will be based off the Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare franchise - a hilarious and over-the-top shooter videogame series that drops you into a crazy, all-out battle between plants and zombies in their fight for suburbia. The newest release from the franchise, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2, will also launch spring 2016 and for the first time, zombies have taken over and plants are on the attack. Players will be able to join the battle with new characters including Super Brainz, a zombie super hero who thinks he's an 80's action movie star, and Citron, a bounty-hunting orange from the future.

An intra-active experience means the game allows players to interact with the opposing team's screen. Guests will step inside the state-of-the-art Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare: 3Z Arena complex decked with 3-D technology, massive screens, surround sound and motion-based seats, to enjoy outrageous and imaginative encounters with their competition. Teams will compete in the Plants vs Zombies universe during an almost five minute backyard battle, where they'll shoot screens with blasters and track their scores as they go.

Additional information on Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare: 3Z Arena includes:

- 68 motion-based seats equipped with hand-held laser devices
- Nearly 3,600 square foot arena
- Two 14'6" x 26' screen with independent 5.1 surround sound
- The attraction will run approximately ten times per hour to accommodate between 600-700 guests.
- Players will be able to purchase photos in the Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare: 3Z Arena retail store
- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare: 3Z Arena will be located inside a transformed Action Theater, in the County Fair section of the park

Guests will be able to play all season long by purchasing a 2016 season pass or renewing their current season pass. For more information, click here.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Koasterking48 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:50 am

^ It really sounds like an interesting concept. Cedar Fair seems to really be stepping outside its comfort zone with these dark ride/ 3D show experiences.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby shadox17 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:06 am

I mean... Okay then...

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby BotanicalStig » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:37 am

I was hoping for a dark ride, but at least it's a new attraction and not a re-theming of boo blasters. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see why this will make you "wet your plants". No mention of water effects, something else I was hoping to see.

Still a great use of the theater. Should be pretty fun, looking forward to trying it out.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby marth555 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:38 am

looks fun to me

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Certainly interesting and unique to the area. Then again, I'm the biggest Desperado fanboy.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I_Am_Banned_0

Postby madmax » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:28 pm

I must say, Fury 325 is enough to make Intamin fanboys wallow in their tears.
I'm an idiot

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jh5292 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:42 pm

What have crowds been like this October? I'm planning a trip up to the park on Friday night Oct 23rd and Saturday the 24th during the day.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby pproteinc » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:09 am

Scarowinds is getting very busy now that it's October. I went last Friday night and it's coming to a point of either riding rides or doing the mazes. You wont be able to do both. I went at 6:45pm. Saturday should be somewhat ok. Most people wait until Scarowinds to go to the park being it a separate admission ticket.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby theintimidator » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:02 pm

I did both rides and mazes on Saturday. I went straight to Fury at 7. The queue was full and it took about 30 minutes. Then I headed over to Cyclone and waited for the front row. The line wasn't even out of the station and it took about 15 minutes. The person working in controls was awesome. Also, we went through a couple walk throughs such as Blood Yard and Scary Tails. Following that, we waited for Last Laugh. The line was out of the entrance, and it probably took about 20 minutes. Afterwards, we went to AfterBurn and waited about 30 minutes with a full queue extended out of the entrance. Then, we headed over to Defex and waited for about 20 minutes with a full line. We would have ridden Intimidator, but after watching trains stack every cycle while waiting for DeFex and then seeing a queue out into the midway, we decided to pass.

Regarding crowds, I also went in the day. The lines were 20 minutes max. Nighthawk of course, had a long line. You shouldn't worry too much about day time. For Scarowinds, if you plan on riding any coasters at that time, ride the lower capacity attractions first such as Nighthawk, Vortex, and Ricochet. Carolina Cobra's line moves at a decent pace. However, I'm assuming you won't be riding much cause you'll get to ride them during the day. Maze wise, hit Slaughter House first then Silver Screams Cinema. Lines get long quick for those. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Last edited by theintimidator on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:26 pm.
Fury 325 Ride Associate - 2016 & 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!