TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Intense, Limited Run BATMAN™ Coaster Experience

Coming to Six Flags Great Adventure

BATMAN™: The Ride Backwards and El Diablo Headline 2015 Spring/Summer Season

JACKSON, NJ — March 24, 2015 — Six Flags Great Adventure, the world’s largest theme park, unveils a second thrilling roller coaster experience for 2015 as it flips one of its most innovative and adrenaline-charged coasters backwards for a limited time. The park also debuts its 13th roller coaster – El Diablo – during its 2015 season, which kicks off April 3.

BATMAN™: The Ride becomes even more intense as it undergoes a gravity-defying role reversal from July 4th weekend to Labor Day weekend. Guests can dare to take on an all-new experience on the world-famous suspended, looping coaster when its chair lift-style train is flipped 180 degrees on the track.

BATMAN™: The Ride Backwards Fast Facts:

Soar backwards, chair-lift style (beneath the track)

50-mph juggernaut

Five gut-wrenching inversions guests never see coming

2,700 feet of twisted track

Since opening in 1993, BATMAN™: The Ride has given more than 27 million thrilling rides and reigns as one of the most popular roller coasters in the world.

“The ride’s intensity is ratcheted way up,” said John Fitzgerald, Six Flags Great Adventure president. “Thrill seekers will not want to miss this limited-time opportunity to put their inner ‘super hero’ to the test.”

1621642646_PHOTO_BatmantheRideBackwardsLoop_smaller.thumb.jpg.30c3a70c62ce27d5f4af2f901e81190c.jpg

2078738600_PHOTO_BatmanBackwardsKeyArt_smaller.jpg.156ba0517cd5b68b9b6749ce6b7ad4b5.jpg

Batman geeks will note the slight continuity error on the marketing material...

Its the two different Bat logos, right? The classic for the ride but the new one on the suit? Not a Batman "geek" but thats my best guess.

Also: very excited for this. It's probably intense as hell, and I'm looking forward to every delirious second of it.

To add more fuel to the Namtab speculation fire, I just read in the SFGAdv Connoisseurs FB group that according to the Coaster Con registration form "Batman the Ride will be closed when the Con is there end of June 2015".

sounds like great planning on SFGadv's part

From my experience at last year's opening day, it was hit or miss. Ka will be open this year of course, but some rumors say Nitro may not be operational. Can't say for sure, though. In general, it's an okay time to go, depending on the weather. Operations were pretty average, food service was awful, etc. I'd say it's worth a visit to check it out without being packed, having not been for so long. Your call.

Where did you hear the rumor of Nitro being closed? sources?

How is the park for opening weekend, generally? Not so much about crowds and slow operations. I have not been to the park since toro first opened but planning on going opening weekend. Should I expect all rides to be open? Seems like it's still winter and with less then two weeks to go until opening is the park going to be ready?

Last year me and bunch of friends went opening day, everything was open except for Ka and Zumanjaro for obvious reasons. Lines were not too bad except mid-day they got a little hairy, and operations were smooth for the most part. It was generally cold and winter-y right up until opening day last year and out of nowhere we had this beautiful 70 degree day, so it was probably more crowded than it normally would have been. I'm sure it being the first riding day of the season has something to do with it, but looking back it was one of my favorite days @ the park all year. I wrote about it on my blog.

And with that the tour thankfully completes. That is unless that rebrand it as Htailog and Eripmav for La Ronde and Fiesta.

Still hasn't made its way to SFSTL. Kind of thinking it never will, which is kind of funny considering they tested the idea here first.

And with that the tour thankfully completes. That is unless that rebrand it as Htailog and Eripmav for La Ronde and Fiesta.

Still hasn't made its way to SFSTL. Kind of thinking it never will, which is kind of funny considering they tested the idea here first.

Can it be used at St.Louis?? Since it's a mirror image, Would that have anything to do with it??

Can it be used at St.Louis?? Since it's a mirror image, Would that have anything to do with it??

Seeing how the Batman at SFSTL was used to test the idea (as stated above) the fact that it's a mirrored layout has nothing to do with it.

All of the Batman models left remaining--Vampire, Goliath, and SFStL's Batman--are mirrored clones. I agree that the mirror probably has nothing to do with it, but it is interesting how that turned out.

While SFStL does tend to get overlooked a lot, I doubt that Six Flags would miss the opportunity to market Namtab as a new ride of sorts. I suspect it to head over to St. Louis in 2016, probably sharing 2016 with Fiesta Texas's Goliath. I can't explain it, but I have a feeling if any park gets left out, it would be La Ronde, but who knows? Maybe it'll show up there in 2017.

From my experience at last year's opening day, it was hit or miss. Ka will be open this year of course, but some rumors say Nitro may not be operational. Can't say for sure, though. In general, it's an okay time to go, depending on the weather. Operations were pretty average, food service was awful, etc. I'd say it's worth a visit to check it out without being packed, having not been for so long. Your call.

Where did you hear the rumor of Nitro being closed? sources?

Discussion at Great Adventure History. Just a rumor, may or may not be true.

A representative told me the park was planning an April opening. But considering April starts this week and no major construction has started, I'm thinking it won't open until May at the earliest. Probably around Memorial Day weekend.

All jokes about wheeling it in aside, it shouldn't take very long to set it up. Although I don't plan on riding it, I think it will be a great addition for kids who aren't big or brave enough to take on El Toro and Kingda Ka but want something a bit more intimidating than The Dark Knight or Skull Mountain

If the foundation has been poured, the ride itself can likely be set rather quickly since it's really just a standard flat. For example, with a foundation poured, I saw a park model Music Express be delivered on a Monday and operational by Wednesday. Now a Music Express is no Larson Loop, but the ride appears to arrive in fairly large sections (based on Darien Lake photos) so I would assume it would go together rather quickly. Not to bash Six Flags, but not having any extensive theme to the ride or queue will help expedite the process as well.