WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 177: Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge officially opens on 8/29/19
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:32 pm

StealthFan wrote:So my thought is they will just run this like they do Space Mountain and direct you either left or right depending on the length of queue closer to the station. That seems like the most logical option to me.

It is great they are doing this though I only got to ride it once one my last visit with FP+ and even on a "quiet" day the ride still had impressive queue length.

I think is exactly how it will work.

chargersmichael wrote:I think they should have the original 2 tracks be only for Standby Queue and the new track for the FastPass+ Queue. I feel like that is the most efficient use for the ride as both lines will run relatively quick.

It will likely be the opposite of what your suggesting. There are more FP+ / disabled guests then there are regular standby guests. Also, the stand by line is more accessible for this expansion.

Take a look at the image below:
Source and larger image.

TSMlayout.jpg

The third track is rumored to be a totally separate track, being built in Sound Stage 1, directly to the left of the standby line.

So, I would bet there will be a line split, directly in front of Potato head. One goes right, and one goes left. Then they only need on entrance, one Potato Head. FP+ and disabled are handled and everything fits.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby stellaclose » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:22 pm

Variety is reporting that DHS is getting a new name/rebranding when the new expansion is complete.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios Theme Park to Get New Name

Disney to rebrand Hollywood Studios
Disney plans to give its Hollywood Studios theme park a new name — which would become the park’s third since it opened in 1989.

Walt Disney Co. chairman and CEO Bob Iger revealed the planned rebranding while taking questions during the company’s annual shareholders meeting, held Thursday in San Francisco.

When asked by a young guest if Hollywood Studios would be renamed, Iger inadvertently said it would, but tried to backtrack when realizing the plans had yet to be announced. He provided no other details other than to say that the Orlando park is currently getting a significant overhaul, which would be followed by a rebranding when the updates are complete.

A number of attractions have been shuttered, including its backlot studio tour, to make way for new ones. Those could include additional “Star Wars” themed rides and attractions. Mickey Mouse’s sorcerers hat from “Fantasia” (seen above) is also being removed, which blocked the facade of a replica of Hollywood’s TCL Chinese Theater, which houses “The Great Movie Ride.” That attraction is getting an upgrade as part of a partnership with Turner Classic Movies.

See More: Future of ‘Star Wars’ Will Rely Only on Past Movies, Animated TV Series

The park originally operated as Disney-MGM Studios until 2008.

Hollywood Studios is one of four theme parks that Disney operates at Walt Disney World, in Orlando. The park has a theme of 1930s and ’40s Hollywood and houses the Tower of Terror, “Star Tours,” “Toy Story Midway Mania,” and an “Indiana Jones” stunt show and other attractions. It also had been the home of an “American Idol” show but that’s also ended its run.

Walt Disney World has a number of major updates underway, including the construction of an “Avatar” land inside the Animal Kingdom theme park. It also recently completed an expansion of Fantasyland inside the Magic Kingdom, the world’s most visited theme park each year.

http://variety.com/2015/biz/news/disneys-hollywood-studios-theme-park-to-get-new-name-1201451575/

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:48 pm

^"Disney Hollywood Adventure," anyone? ;)

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby DBJ » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:54 pm

That name is great!

Interesting that they are going with a re-brand of the park. Never thought the name was an issue of the park.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby halltd » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:58 pm

They went through a huge phase of putting "Disney's" in front of everything and now they're just putting "Disney" in front of everything (hotels, parks, movies, etc...). Anyone know why this is? I really don't get the lack of an apostrophe, like at DCA now. Disney's California Adventure sounds way more proper than Disney California Adventure, especially since every other property has the possessive.

Thoughts?

I'm not Snuffleupagus

Postby SFSTLMO » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 pm

Yeah, I think Disney's sounds much better than Disney.
I AM Snuffleapagus.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:44 pm

^ Agreed.

Although I've always thought since the last rename that the park should have the name "Kingdom" in it to go with the rest of the resort as cheesy as it might be, haha.

Magic Kingdom
Animal Kingdom
Movie Kingdom, Studio Kingdom?
EPCOT

It just gives off that Disney vibe in my opinion. I'm not a fan of the current name at all, so I'm glad it will be receiving a new (and hopefully better) name and hopefully a new icon!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:18 pm

They could simply call it "Walt Disney Studios" like the Paris park.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:03 pm

Disney Hollywood Adventures?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:12 pm

A.J. wrote:They could simply call it "Walt Disney Studios" like the Paris park.

I'm gonna guess "Studios" will not be in the new name. There aren't many attractions left that actually deal with moviemaking. I'm thinking "Disney's Hollywood Adventure".
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!