The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

P. 73 - Adirondack Outlaw Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:24 am

This is going to look imposing as you approach the park with it being in Ghost Town.

The park has empty space in Ghost Town, but (assuming the rendering is correct) not at the end of a line of shops/buildings. I guess we'll have to keep an eye on Condor.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 am

Looks cool, the park needed another thrill ride and this fits the bill (hopefully it's not an upcharge). Also this is not replacing Condor, this is going where the gem pan mining upcharge attraction currently is
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:49 am

That's great news!

It's sort of ironic this ride that's typically an upcharge (but sounds like it won't) is replacing an actual upcharge.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:55 am

Yea I can't remember the last time that gem attraction was open. Condor may still get removed due to clearance issues so I guess we need to watch.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:59 am

SFSTL is the same way. This ride is replacing the up-charge go-carts.

I’m really, really eager to ride this at my home park SFSTL. I think this is honestly the best attraction either this park or SFSTL has received in several years.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby nhman93 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:21 pm

Went to the park this Sunday for the first time since 2016, Only rides I noticed down where the Bobsleds and the launch side of Sasquatch, the park was packed and since it was in the mid 70’s most people stayed in the dry park. As far as the new Hurricane Harbor goes I was underwhelmed by the conversion but it’s about what I expected from Six Flags in 2019. A new staircase has been built from next to the bathhouse down the hill into the old Wiggles World. The Big Red Car and Teacup rides are gone but the Plane ride remains and seems very out of place now. The new Bucket Blasters ride is very small not much bigger then the old Wiggles Teacups, thou the new activity pool next to it seemed nice and was definitely busier then the other two kids areas in the water park. The old Wiggles World water fountain splash pad still remains and actually kind of fits in nicely with the area now. Other then that a few new slide names and some paint on all the older tube slides on the hill, that’s about it for the new Hurricane Harbor. I also made sure to get a ride on and snap some pictures of Condor as I am a hundred percent convinced that is where the new ride will go next year. It was running great and after riding the much slower Condor ride at Marineland earlier this year I was glad to know it wasn’t just my nostalgia kicking in when I swore the Great Escape version was much faster. It will be sad for sure to see another great Huss ride go. All in all it was a good day and I hope to get back before the end of the year
583285FD-FB5D-436A-801B-5CB39811B7EF.jpeg
DF5B2A0F-B63B-44B1-9A37-BBB377B1EB36.jpeg

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:55 pm

^ Is the Condor for sure getting removed? Last I heard nothings been announced.
Yankee Cannonball <3

Postby nhman93 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:18 pm

ScreaminNewEngland wrote:^ Is the Condor for sure getting removed? Last I heard nothings been announced.

Nothing has been announced but based on the size of the new ride and the location of it, it’s hard to see how the Condor could still fit in its current location. Since it’s not a major ride I wouldn’t expect a closing announcement until right before the season ends if we even get one at all. Six Flags has closed plenty of rides without giving notice.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:12 am

I did some detective work and I think Condor may be safe.

If you review the rendering, you can see a Western facade on the right and a red-sided food stand on the left. I believe that Western facade is the Bumper Cars and the red-sided food stand is Dan McGrew's. Therefore, I believe the rendering is looking down the midway towards Desperado Plunge.

It seems like they are going to demolish part or all of Charley's Saloon based on the rendering.

Rendering.JPG

Midway.JPG
Photo courtesy of Google Maps

Aerial.JPG
Photo courtesy of Google Maps

Postby nhman93 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:17 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I did some detective work and I think Condor may be safe.

If you review the rendering, you can see a Western facade on the right and a red-sided food stand on the left. I believe that Western facade is the Bumper Cars and the red-sided food stand is Dan McGrew's. Therefore, I believe the rendering is looking down the midway towards Desperado Plunge.

It seems like they are going to demolish part or all of Charley's Saloon based on the rendering.

Rendering.JPG

Midway.JPG

Aerial.JPG

Good work! I’m surprised as the park just put money into the Salon and they use a part of it for a fright maze, looking at the pictures again I really really hope this doesn’t mean the closure of the Log flume, the exit/ picture building is right up against the salon. I know those type of things can be reworked but I worry especially with how many logs have been closed the past ten years.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!