TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

Obviously Six Flags has no interest in investing rollercoaster money into The Great Escape, they've made that abundantly clear, but I do think they might face a sort of reckoning with needing to do something in the next decade. We are consistently losing old Arrows for a reason. Do we think Steamin' Deamon is still going to be there at the park entrance in 2031? I'd be downright shocked if it was. I am also skeptical that Alpine Bobsled can survive a decade too and the above discussion only reinforces that. I would full expect them to just close up the bobsleds like they've never existed and do nothing to fill that void, but that spot visible from the road is going to need to be filled with something eye catching. It doesn't have to be a rollercoaster, and if it is one it will probably be a mediocre to bad relocation from a bigger Six Flags, but that is the one point in time where I do think it is potentially possible for the park to get a coaster. I'm not even saying likely, just actually possible. 

^I wouldn't count out Steamin' Demon being the park entrance coaster in 2031. They actually did a ton of steel track work in the off season of 2008 into 2009 on it that included a lot of cutting, welding, and steel replacing and things I don't entirely understand but definitely only get done every 20 or so years. They also did a major refurbishment of one of Great American Scream Machine's trains from Great Adventure and that's the train that runs on the coaster still today. Steamin Demon has been on this earth since 1978 when it debuted in Louisiana.

I feel like a water coaster will proubly be the closest thing to a coaster where going to get. As it seems like the reason people come her is the water park (and comet) and it’s makes the park the most profit 

14 hours ago, xVicesAndVirtues said:

^I wouldn't count out Steamin' Demon being the park entrance coaster in 2031. They actually did a ton of steel track work in the off season of 2008 into 2009 on it that included a lot of cutting, welding, and steel replacing and things I don't entirely understand but definitely only get done every 20 or so years. They also did a major refurbishment of one of Great American Scream Machine's trains from Great Adventure and that's the train that runs on the coaster still today. Steamin Demon has been on this earth since 1978 when it debuted in Louisiana.

I feel like what could really help demon would be a another retracking and new vekoma trains similar to what happened with blue hawk at over Georgia. As that rides reputation is way more positive then before the rebfirbishment