The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

P. 73 - Adirondack Outlaw Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I poke manatees in the butt.

Re: The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Jcoaster » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:20 am

Canyon Blaster was pretty lame as far as Mine Trains are concerned. The Comet though is one of the best wooden coasters i've ever been on. It' airtime is insane. I would love to see a solid new coaster to form a 1-2 punch for the park.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby gecomet92 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:28 am

coasterkid124 wrote:Are there still rumors of the park closing the Bobsled, or is it safe for now?
The rumors have never really stopped, every year it seems like it could be it's last year but then you walk in the next year it's still chugging.

I honesstly thought Demon or Bobsled would go for a new coaster but It looks like it could be neither of them with the location of the markers

Postby gecomet92 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 am

Annndddd another year in which this park is neglected. A re theme of a children splash area. Real creative six flags, real creative.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:29 am

^ Sadly I think part of the problem with this park is that people just go to it while being in the Lake George area, I am one of the locals who wants to see this park excel but this reason is why SF doesn't invest in this park too much because tourist will still come to it anyway.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:35 am

New York has never really been a hot spot for theme parks. Maybe it's taxes, or most people visiting NYC.

This is really pathetic though. A retheme of a splash pad? Come on they could of at least replaced it with an Aqua Twist. That would probably be successful at the park.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

Postby gecomet92 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:36 am

I'm also from around the area and all I think they need is a signature steel coaster. I'm content with the size of the park now, I don't want it any bigger in terms of area. So when this coaster comes I would hope it would take the spot of one of the lackluster coasters.

I've said it for a while, Six flags could go years without investing and the attendance would stay the same. Also on the other hand if they invest heavily the attendance wouldn't spike that significantly. That's the one and only reason why TGE is still called " The Great Escape: A Six Flags property" (It's why Six flags hasn't sold it yet)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:51 am

gecomet92 wrote:Annndddd another year in which this park is neglected. A re theme of a children splash area. Real creative six flags, real creative.

From where does this info comes ? There was no official announcement from the park yet and I haven't heard any rumors about that until now. Did I miss something? :?r
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 137

Postby gecomet92 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:55 am

All of Six flags stuff got leaked today...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Yeah, I just saw it too, my brother sent me a link. That REALLY sucks, I would have been happy with ANYTHING but a waterslide re-theme. I mean, it's not even a new slide complex, they are gonna add some new paint and market it as a "new" attraction ? I think I wouldn't even have complained if it was a new kiddie ride in Kidzopolis. :|
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 137

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:50 am

Coming in Spring 2015! Buccaneer Beach is the ultimate watery playground for families and pirates of all ages. Kids will love splashing down tyke-sized water slides, dodging fun pop-up spray jets, and chilling on the pool deck. Mom and Dad can relax in the shade while their little fishes are busy figuring out new ways to get drenched. Shiver me timbers!

This all-new pirate-themed expansion of the classic Noah’s Sprayground is the perfect spot for family fun. Nothing is too steep or deep, and there are tons of cool structures to climb on and splash around.

Buccaneer Beach is an all-new high seas pirate adventure world made just for kids. This world-class renovation of the beloved kids’ play zone Noah’s Sprayground features countless opportunities to have fun while getting drenched. Set sail for the middle of upper Splashwater Kingdom. There you’ll find a kid-friendly water playground stocked with a vast array of water games, pop-up spray jets, splash pads, and water slides that are the perfect size for children.

The entire beach has been reimagined as a pirate’s paradise, with little pirate ships to climb and water cannons to blast. This dramatic re-imagining of a Great Escape favorite also features a larger pool deck, plus lots of shaded seating for kids and parents to enjoy a cool breeze out of the sun. Coming in Spring 2015, Buccaneer Beach is the ultimate family destination for a kid-friendly, splish-splashin’ good time!

Water play area for our youngest guests
Spray jets
Water slides
Splash pads
Water cannons
Pirate ships
Enlarged pool deck
Expanded seating and shade
Located in Splashwater Kingdom at Great Escape
buccaneerbeachlogo.jpg
sfam_buccaneerbeach_2012_8107_0.jpg
sfft_splashwater_2005_01.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!