Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1071: Pantheon multi-launch coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:04 am

BGW has been handling their announcements via Passholder Appreciation Days during the last few years. Maybe in September?

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:10 am

Chuck what do you think they would add for next year?
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:48 am

TyRush wrote:Chuck what do you think they would add for next year?

I can honestly say that I have no idea. BGW has always been pretty savvy about keeping any "big" announcements quiet until they're good and ready (they did have a "leak" before they announced Verbolten, though). The "big addition" this year was the Food and Wine Festival.

We shall see. I'd love to see them come up with something for the old Drachen Fire area.
Last edited by cfc on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:49 am.

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:38 am

^Agreed. They can do a lot with all that land back there.

So I found out today that I'm going to be visiting Busch Gardens on the 20th of September (Friday), any idea how the crowds will be from the morning to evening?

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:13 am

^Shouldn't be bad on a September Friday. Howl-o-Scream will be happening, so it'll probably get a little more crowded later in the day.

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:51 am

Thanks Chuck. Anything good I should check out for Howl-O-Scream this year?

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:31 am

^BGW's Howl-o-Scream isn't as intense at the one in Tampa, but it is a fun event. Here's a link to my report from last year, if you're curious: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1235654#p1235654.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby TunaSled » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Just got back from our first ever trek to BGW. Amazing park! We did three days open-til-close and loved every minute (except the heat). Alpengeist is the fastest most forceful invert that I have ridden thus far. We were also treated to an insanely cool fireworks ride on Griffon! We had such a great time at BG we almost forgot about i305 being down at KD...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:45 am

Since last night was the final night of Illuminights, time to post a quick review. Despite being at the park for most of the Illuminights season, I only managed to catch one show. I saw Giardinio Magico last year and the year before. It was good both years, so I assumed it never really changed.

Killarney Kommotion (3/5) - Even though everyone absolutely hated this show (friends and fans alike) I thought it wasn't the worst show ever and with a bit of retooling, it would be greatly improved. If the park added a lot more acrobatics on the tower and changed out the music choice to include a bit more Irish music, it would be a ton better. I didn't really have a problem with the pop music that they played. I also noticed the musicians from Celtic Fyre play in the background too (although Celtic Fyre is infinitely better than this).

Decor (4/5) - Although the decorations still look ugly and tacky in some places, I really dig the scaled back event. In years past, the park would be covered from head to toe in ugly garland and streamers. This year there's an emphasis on the "gardens" motif with all the animals. Just wish the park took a bit more effort putting together the animal props. They look a bit ugly. Glow tree in Oktoberfest is better than Wunderbarn and Clocktoberfest, but could use a bit of alcohol and a more interactive tree. I'm sure the park would make a killing off both glow and alcohol.

Overall: I still prefer the park to stay the way it is without decorations during summer and would rather see Illuminights leave for a bigger budget in Food & Wine, HOS, and CT.
Last edited by netdvn on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:09 am.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:44 am

^The frog and fly out front were particularly odd. I'm all for the park expanding Food and Wine, HOS, and Christmas Town, too.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!