Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby BG Noeit Al » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:53 am

^^Thats very interesting and neat.

2012 Coaster Update -
We have been teased! Like it was mentioned, one of the green construction walls, the one off the bridge by the station is covered in warning signs, some actual german road signs, and some more. What was really cool was I got to see them screw on the construction tape one night.

Howl-o-Scream Update -
Haunted Houses are 13: Your Number's Up, Catacombs, and other rumored to be confirmed are The Dead Line, Fear Fair, and Bitten. Looks like we are in for a treat with three new houses this year. Shows are Monster Stomp, Jack is Back, and another rumored to be confirmed is Fiends in Das Festhaus. I am interested to see this show since I have heard so much wonder talk of it. Not much with scare zones as far as spiders and loggers in New France.
MAJORLY NEW News - Howl-o-Scream set-up started yesterday 8/10/11. So hopefully we can be expecting to start seeing some new things around the park for another year of scares.

Mach Tower Update -
What is there to update other than, I saw it doing full tests! That does seem to be the new phrase everyone is saying other than, it will open in [insert # or few] weeks. Labor Day openning has been rumored now, so we will see it open anywhere from next weekend to Labor Day weekend, hopefully.

netdvn wrote:I got a firsthand look at what goes on behind the green walls today and it was definitely really cool to see what went on behind the scenes. I won't go into too much detail since it's unnecessary at this point. So to answer the questions...

Don't forget my question! If originally, it was supposed to open memorial day weekend and they only had about at most two weeks to test it before said opening date and it is fine, how long is testing supposed to take? I am just saying, before Memorial Day, they didn't have much testing time that is until now where they seem to be spending more time testing than actually fixing something. Maybe they are taking their time with testing is all I am saying at this point.
I do work at BGW, I am not saying any more info than that about my job. The info I get is from friends and what I see after hours, as well as what I notice and speculate. - RH

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Austin11KD » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:12 pm

I think it would make more sense to just to open Mach Tower and Verbolten next year together. Something else can go wrong before Labor Day, and if nothing goes wrong, the ride will only be open for not even two months!
B&Ms are good rides, GCIs are great rides, Intamin rides are awesome, Arrow rides are bad...TOGO RIDES ARE GOD DARN AWFUL!!!

Favorite Park: Six Flags Great Adventure
Favorite Ride: El Toro!
Coaster Count: 32

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:51 pm

^It could operate during Christmas Town, as well--if there are no limitations due to weather.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:10 pm

I sure hope Mach Tower can run in the cold! Imagine looking down on all those Christmas lights and decorations...
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Swiftman » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:39 pm

New Mach Tower testing video:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:10 am

Testing is gonna take as much time as it needs to. I can't tell you how long the testing is gonna last because I was told that was still unknown at the time (remember, the ride needs to pass a battery of tests AND the ride still hasn't been fully inspected yet). Contrary to popular belief, Moser is still working on the tower and it hasn't been given to the park yet. Despite that, training has already started (me and a few coworkers operated the tower a few times on Wednesday).

Again, I'll keep you posted on any updates that I get.

The tower is scheduled to operate during Christmas Town as an observation tower if the park can get it up and running by then.

Construction is moving forward on Verbolten. You can see what looks like concrete footers being placed in the big pit.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:20 am

Well, it looks like Mach Tower won't open before labor day. :( I probably wont get to ride it this year.
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby BG Noeit Al » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:22 pm

Yeah my supervisor told me told me today that Mach Tower will be an observation ONLY tower during Christmas Town which makes sense since you are supposed to admire all the lights and decor.

I got a glimpse of the new maze taking over Cursed, I am OFFICIALLY CONFIRMING that it will be a fair themed maze n that area. You can even see the carnival style tents from the train, there is even a ticket booth at the gate just on the inside. I know it was confirmed by inside sources for BGWFans.com however this just me saying I actually saw it so you know its all cool.

I also saw a Howl-o-Scream golf cart. It was entangled in vines with red flowers that had eyes and the slogan The Dark Side f the Gardens was posted on it, maybe we can be seeing a new permanent theme???

Sorry all you Mach Tower fans, the gift shop that was loaded with Mach Tower merchandise was torn down completely and is no longer there, I guess you have to get your shirts and mugs in England for now on.

Employee Ride Time for Mach Tower (which we get paid almost minimum wage for as extra hours) will be Wednesday 9am-5pm. Want to see people scream their heads off? You probably should visit then.
I do work at BGW, I am not saying any more info than that about my job. The info I get is from friends and what I see after hours, as well as what I notice and speculate. - RH

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:09 am

I went over to the park after work last night for a few hours. There was a decent-sized crowd, yet the longest line was for the Loch Ness Monster--go figure. I got a pretty good look at the old Cursed area from Apollo's Chariot. It does look sort of "carnival-like" down there (lots of tents).

My main objective was to check out this new "teaser" signage everyone had been talking about here and to get a few pictures of the work on Verbolten. As for Mach Tower, I did see it test once: It went up and plunged down successfully--yay!
01.jpg
The "big dig" continues (as seen from the bridge over the Rhine River).
02.jpg
Looks like these poor trees could use a hug.
03.jpg
The old Big Bad Wolf station--as reported earlier, the waterfall is gone (or at least shutdown for the duration, I guess).
04.jpg
This looks like something Dr. Frankenstein would have in his lab.
05.jpg
Hmm-a promise of things to come, perhaps?
06.jpg
This certainly looks ominous.
07.jpg
Feelings of dread growing . . . (Is that a logo I see on the left?)
08.jpg
We are?
09.jpg
Yep--I guess we are at that.
10.jpg
Even more dangerous that the road between Franklin and South Hill, Va.? If so, that's pretty dangerous!
11.jpg
Let's have a look at this construction, shall we?
12.jpg
Even this dragon fly is curious about Verbolten.
13.jpg
That's a pretty good sized hole. But it seems that this area's role in Howl-o-Scream will contunue this year. (On the left is Drachen Fire's barn; the old station, which has been infested with vampires in the past, is on the right.)
14.jpg
Looks like rebar-and-concrete time.
14a.jpg
Remember, when working on Verbolten, do not drink the water!
15.jpg
The construction site--through the bumper cars!
16.jpg
Noted! That's all for now.
Last edited by cfc on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:49 am.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Location: Intimidator 305 - Red Train - Row 1 - Left Seat - Going over the crest of the lift

Postby T-BONDIcoasterkid » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:48 am

Thanks for the update Chuck!
Coaster Count: 33!
Favorite Coaster:INTIMIDATOR 305
Last Coaster Ridden: Verbolten
Next Park: Kings Dominion

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!