Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:36 am

^The BGW fireworks show is very well-executed. I really enjoyed it, and it was a nice break from the more generic shows at smaller parks.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:03 pm

Well, I went over to the park today to see it there was any significant Howl-o-Scream work going on, but didn't see much before the thunderstorms and the hordes for the Victoria Justice (whoever the hell she is) concert hit. But here are four pictures, for what it's worth (this concert was rescheduled for Monday, thanks to all the storms we've been having). Maybe I'll have more next week.
01.jpg
Yes, HOS is definitely on the way as you enter the parking lot.
02.jpg
Wunderbarn is gone. This is, no doubt, the work of Satan.
03.jpg
This can be either good news or bad news. I'll let you decide which.
04.jpg
This will be the home of "13: Your Number's Up," one of HOS's longest conga lines. That's all for now.
Last edited by cfc on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:44 pm.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:59 pm

^ Got to love the facebook comments about the canceled show

Even more curious, when we were told at 330-4pm that all seats were "gone" and left the park there were cars as far as the eye could see coming in with their preferred rear view mirror tags...Hmm, as if by magic preferred parking was available all of a sudden...sounds like a little fraud/price fixing ....seriously angry enough to call our attorney!!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:02 pm

Homeboy23 wrote:^ Got to love the facebook comments about the canceled show

Even more curious, when we were told at 330-4pm that all seats were "gone" and left the park there were cars as far as the eye could see coming in with their preferred rear view mirror tags...Hmm, as if by magic preferred parking was available all of a sudden...sounds like a little fraud/price fixing ....seriously angry enough to call our attorney!!

And how does "preferred parking" relate to seats for the concert? I hope this nimrod does call his attorney, so he can spend a few grand to get back the price of his park admission.
Last edited by cfc on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:02 pm.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:46 am

Hey guys...I have a childs admission to busch gardens and water country that I wasn't able to use thats up for grabs! Since I cant get a refund and im not gonna be in the area before the season is over anyone can have it. Just send me a message if you want it...
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:29 pm

I went to the park this morning to check out any Howl-o-Scream prep that may be going on--and because this will be my last chance before heading out to Beijing for TPR's China Trip. There's a bit more to report than last week, but I imagine things will kick into high gear after Labor Day. No clue as to what this year's new maze will be, but I imagine the park will make an announcement during Passholder Appreciation Weekend next Saturday and Sunday. (I'm thinking something to do with the "Black Forest," but that's just my guess.)
01.jpg
Yes, the creepy flowers with eyeballs are starting to bloom again. You can't kill those things with Round Up--just fire and holy water.
02.jpg
In the England parking lot: They've started on the wall for the "13: Your Number's Up" queue. And, no, I did not spring for valet parking.
03.jpg
You enter 13 via Europe in the Air's backdoor. (Sorry all EITA fans--it's closed for HOS. You have my permission to weep quietly about this.)
04.jpg
Punkins! Evil, disturbing punkins!
05.jpg
Boogie, boogie, boogie!
06.jpg
Just in case you weren't aware that BGW had an official lawnmower. Moving right along . . .
07.jpg
This empty space is where the grape-stomping photo op is usually located. They had a booth selling light-up bling for Illuminights here. I imagine the grape vats will return, with some appropriate HOS theming.
08.jpg
The bridge from Italy to Oktoberfest is getting "Halloweened up," too.
09.jpg
I see you!
10.jpg
You can start humming the creepy little tune now.
11.jpg
If you ask nicely at Lost and Found, they might give it back to you.
12.jpg
This is "Bitten" (aka, the old Drachen Fire station).
13.jpg
No word on what show will be in the Festhaus during HOS (Fiends, which was here last year, will be at the Abbeystone Theatre in Ireland this year). Maybe BGW's old HOS icon, Jack, is moving into the Festhaus? Guess we'll know soon enough.
14.jpg
The gift shop across from DarKastle has started its transformation into the HOS shop. (Look! A hidden Mickey!)
15.jpg
OK, this is something that amused me. Never noticed it before. Note the writing at the bottom of the pedestal.
16.jpg
Was this notice put here for leprechauns or something?
17.jpg
Hmm--something's going on behind the buck nekkid statue in Germany.
18.jpg
Looks like some sort of display up in the old clock. (Probably something to do with vampires, as in years past.)
19.jpg
They're already makin' with the merch.
20.jpg
Germany is getting some BLOOD RED drapes.
21.jpg
We now interrupt this report for a picture sure to terrify Piers.
22.jpg
Now that the Victoria Justice hoo-hah is over . . .
23.jpg
. . . the "Catacombs" can go in.
24.jpg
There's been quite a bit of work over at the "Fear Fair" in Festa Italia.
25.jpg
Shouldn't that be "Paura Fair" in Italian?
26.jpg
Looks like the freaks and evil clowns are setting up shop.
27.jpg
The Drachen Fire barn has played host to werewolves and fiendish fairy tales in the past, but wasn't used last year due to Verbolten construction. Will it be back for HOS 2012? (Word elsewhere is that the new maze will be in the employee parking lot near the Festhaus, but there hasn't been any confirmation yet.)
28.jpg
Looks like the vampires have been doing a little decorating.
29.jpg
HOS starts on September 14 this year. That's all for now.
Last edited by cfc on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:26 am.

Postby Wes » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:05 am

I'm a fan of the hanging pumpkins!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CardCraze » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:35 am

Speaking of Howl-O-Scream, the final few new additions for this year have been posted to the site. Included are;

Root of All Evil - Germany
The seeds of evil have been sewn. Venture if you dare into a decrepit greenhouse. Experiments here have not gone as planned and evil has taken control. Botanists, landscapers, and staff all poisoned by the very plants they created. In this maze of foliage, you are ripe for the pickings.

That brings it to 6 houses!

Night Beats - Germany
Things that go bump in the night sing, dance and transport you on a musical journey. From the devilish sounds of the roaring 20s to vamping it up with the music of today, this show is filled with dazzling dance numbers, sizzling singers, and a barely live band that will leave your heart … beating.

And 3 shows...

OPEN CASKet
The dead are alive and so is the fun at the OPEN CASKet bar. Hang around, watch your neck and toss back a specialty libation served by the coolest vampires this side of the Rhine River.

Not to mention a bar...

Inoculation StationNo appointments necessary for the shot of a lifetime with your favorite fiends in pink. Get your prescription filled – the famous test tube shot and photo op are always in stock.

And the nurses move over to Ireland.

And that appears to be it for Howl-O-Scream 2012. Not a bad line-up if you ask me!
Parks Visited in 2015: None so far!

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:19 pm

"Root of All Evil," eh? Well, my "Black Forest" guess was off--but at least this maze will involve evil plants.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby pandorazboxx » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:56 pm

I'm digging the new house. Totally fits with their great grounds keeping reputation. I'm hoping it is up to par with deadline and fear fair. Now they just need to get rid of bitten...

New show sounds like frankenrock mixed with Jack's dance party show.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!